MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If that's true, can the B1G stomach Clemson academics to send them an invite? They're an elite powerful football brand, the B1G could use another one of those. And if they do get the invite, does the Clemson president care enough about academics to go B1G over an SEC invite? Maybe I'm biased but Miami is more a national brand than a regional one, moreso than Clemson, I think we fit better in the B1G than the SEC for a lot reasons.

Last time B1G expanded it tried to get UVA, UNC, and GT before they ended up grabbing Rutgers. I think they definitely will go back to those 3 schools and will want UM to get into Florida markets. If Clemson is tied to Miami, maybe they go for UM, Clemson, GT, UVA, UNC, and ND? Maybe FSU if ND is still not ready to join.
Don't believe they said exiting together to join same conference but if I recall, he believes would be SEC not B1G

Advertisement
If that's true, can the B1G stomach Clemson academics to send them an invite? They're an elite powerful football brand, the B1G could use another one of those. And if they do get the invite, does the Clemson president care enough about academics to go B1G over an SEC invite? Maybe I'm biased but Miami is more a national brand than a regional one, moreso than Clemson, I think we fit better in the B1G than the SEC for a lot reasons.

Last time B1G expanded it tried to get UVA, UNC, and GT before they ended up grabbing Rutgers. I think they definitely will go back to those 3 schools and will want UM to get into Florida markets. If Clemson is tied to Miami, maybe they go for UM, Clemson, GT, UVA, UNC, and ND? Maybe FSU if ND is still not ready to join.
From everything I read right now it "looks" like Clemson and UM are at least sharing information and working together to develop a viable exit strategy ... focus on the EXIT. They could theoretically go to different conferences, but it would seem they would go as a pair. But who knows ... it is widely commented that FSU also wants to bail and if they do I would expect UNC to also leave .. iF they can all find a home. Nobody really knows what the BIG 10 and SEC commissioners are considering. They say "we are standing pat" but that is what people say while they are negotiating.

Advertisement
I know it has MAJOR flaws and I'm ignoring the research/AAU angle BUT if the B1G wanted* to sell Clemson as an acceptable academic "fit" then they could use the US News ranking (the one the lazy media would look to first anyway).

Clemson is the #75 national university in their ranking. Minnesota is #68. Michigan State and Iowa are tied at #83. Nebraska is #136.

Josh Pate was mentioning last night that the B1G could get a TV contract which would also be enough to cover schools and maybe the athletes.

I know we are actively working to exit from the ACC and I believe that. I have a question for the attorneys on here. If this becomes reality wouldn’t this provide an argument to help us leave our conference? It seems like an unfair advantage if their schools can pay every player $30,000 or more per year.

Saw this getting shared on social media. A little lol worthy.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Too much media and brand recognition to leave us off the board. Big Ten will eventually want that Florida market, so do they go after us or does SEC make a move to take us just to block it.

Josh Pate was mentioning last night that the B1G could get a TV contract which would also be enough to cover schools and maybe the athletes.

I know we are actively working to exit from the ACC and I believe that. I have a question for the attorneys on here. If this becomes reality wouldn’t this provide an argument to help us leave our conference? It seems like an unfair advantage if their schools can pay every player $30,000 or more per year.

No. Contracts aren’t about fairness. ACC cut a bad deal. They need to beg ESPN to renegotiate by arguing they are gonna lose their best brands to the B10 and Fox if they don’t. ESPN doesn’t need to do jack.

Advertisement
I’m good with the Big 10 but our team will have a disadvantage come winter time. We can’t replicate cold weather and we’ve seen how UM does when playing in the cold.

What is the board’s take on this one from Barry? I get it is vague but it paints the picture that nothing is active or being addressed proactively. Smoke and mirrors.

If we don’t get out of this conference and into one of the other two it’s a major issue for UM. But we have a legit AD and he knows this. Mario knows this. I’m sure there are things going on.

What is the board’s take on this one from Barry? I get it is vague but it paints the picture that nothing is active or being addressed proactively.

If you go back and look at past realignment moves, both the SEC and BIG always claimed that they didn’t reach out to schools. Instead they claim that the schools initiated the conversation to express interest. That has to be the public message probably for legal purposes. It would be incredibly dumb for anyone at UM to tell anyone on the record that conversations are happening at this time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re so wrong
Also Miami announced and advertised their schedule for the next 5 seasons and committed to this conference change. 2028 is a completely realistic time for Miami to join another conference. That’s not that far away lol

Advertisement

What is Nc state good in? Pitt hasn’t been relavent in basketball since joining the the acc. They do have a decent football program. Miami Basketball had probably one of the greatest seasons in their program history so I am not surprised they jumped up to 12. And our baseball team was good

Also Miami announced and advertised their schedule for the next 5 seasons and committed to this conference change. 2028 is a completely realistic time for Miami to join another conference. That’s not that far away lol

It's just a schedule. Don't look into that too much!

Advertisement
Back