MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
ACC's Jim Phillips asked if uneven revenue distribution w/in league for different members is a possibility: "All options are on the table"

ACC's Jim Phillips asked if uneven revenue distribution w/in league for different members is a possibility: "All options are on the table"
Cribby said we are headed to the SEC, but for giggles, let me tease this out as a realistic option.

If we gained ND, added a few others and our money was similar to the money the B2 are getting, AND we don't lose any of our marquee teams, I'd be fine with it. Don't think it'll shake out that way, but I'd be fine with that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if Rad is dangling us in front of the SEC and the B1G and working a deal that might benefit us more than some of the teams in the conference that we would be hypothetically joining.

ACC commissioner is being reactive instead of the Big 12 dude that's being proactive. Phillips was brought in because of how great an AD he was at Northwestern.

He's absolute trash like Swafford.
Big 12 dude is going down swinging. Added a playoff team in Cincy, a huge enrollment public school in Ucf, among other moves

Advertisement
Big 12 dude is going down swinging. Added a playoff team in Cincy, a huge enrollment public school in Ucf, among other moves
IF the ACC stayed alive, it would seem they'd need to add those two teams. Having two teams in FL would help and Orlando is a big TV market. Cincy's not too shabby of a market as well.

IF the ACC stayed alive, it would seem they'd need to add those two teams. Having two teams in FL would help and Orlando is a big TV market. Cincy's not too shabby of a market as well.
Lol, Cincy and UCF wouldn't move the needle at all as far as helping the ACC. The answer to staying a power conference isn't to add two G5 schools.

Lol, Cincy and UCF wouldn't move the needle at all as far as helping the ACC. The answer to staying a power conference isn't to add two G5 schools.
UCF and Ciny have been better than every ACC except for Clemson the last 3-4 years. They would have definitely helped the ACC. But they got offered more money and joined the better conference

Advertisement
UCF and Ciny have been better than every ACC except for Clemson the last 3-4 years. They would have definitely helped the ACC. But they got offered more money and joined the better conference
You can make that argument for Cincinatti since they made the playoffs and beat 2 ACC teams (VT and BC) in bowl games, but UCF? What the **** are you thinking? Heupel went 12-1, 10-3, 6-4 and Malzahn went 9-4. Playing in the AAC.

Advertisement
You can make that argument for Cincinatti since they made the playoffs and beat 2 ACC teams (VT and BC) in bowl games, but UCF? What the **** are you thinking? Heupel went 12-1, 10-3, 6-4 and Malzahn went 9-4. Playing in the AAC.
I mean UCF has been a consistent 9-10 win team since 2017. And don't count the Covid year (6-4). Who knows what their actual record would have been if they played a normal season. And the AAC is up there in competition with the ACC. I dont think you understand how atrocious it is. We got teams like GT, Duke, FSU, Boston College, Syracuse.

ESPN would laugh at the ACC if they tried to negotiate after adding Cincy and UCF. The Big 12 added those schools because they were desperate for warm bodies.

I mean UCF has been a consistent 9-10 win team since 2017. And don't count the Covid year (6-4). Who knows what their actual record would have been if they played a normal season. And the AAC is up there in competition with the ACC. I dont think you understand how atrocious it is. We got teams like GT, Duke, FSU, Boston College, Syracuse.
For one thing, they play G5 teams. For another, you said all except Clemson, then describe the dregs of the ACC. Do you really think UCF is a better team than Wake, NC State, UNC, or Pitt?

That's not even mentioning us.

Advertisement
Back