MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Has anyone figured out if eight schools want to leave, does it implode the TV deal? Or does ACC officially have to dissolve?

What eight teams do you think are going to get better offers than whatever the ACC ends up being/merging with? Not happening that way.

Advertisement
I’m guessing Miami’s plan of attack is to get the absolute best offer it can garner from the BigTen and then use that to get something close to either stay in ACC or jump to SEC

If ESPN tries to ***** them, they hit the nuclear button and lawyer up regarding GOR and have a 2-4 year break even on whatever buyout the end up paying.

Advertisement
The poisonous spider down the back of the shirt?

Let's see...there was a tarantula put into Bond's bed in Dr. No, but that was done by Professor Dent (who was working for Dr. No who was working for Blofeld, but nobody knows who #2 works for).

Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint were the (obviously, but never admitted) *** hit men in Diamonds are Forever who (at the end of the movie) try to kill Bond while disguised as room service waiters.

I have all the Bond books and movies. As Stuttering John used to say, "big fan, big fan".

Large UF and FSU alumni base but Miami is the capstone program in SFL. That isn't changing.

I know this sounds out there, but does the SEC really need FSU if they get Miami? If the SEC has UF and Miami, FSU probably dies. I guess the B1G could snatch them up to try to make inroads into FL, but I am not quite convinced they would. FSU succeeding while being a member of a 1000 mile away conference while being surrounded by UM, UF, UGA, BAMA, AUB, etc all in a dominant SEC might be too much to ask for. Why give up another slice of the pie if you don't think a program has a great future? Recency bias could hurt them as well.

Just trying to game out different scenarios, not taking a stand here.

Let's see...there was a tarantula put into Bond's bed in Dr. No, but that was done by Professor Dent (who was working for Dr. No who was working for Blofeld, but nobody knows who #2 works for).

Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint were the (obviously, but never admitted) *** hit men in Diamonds are Forever who (at the end of the movie) try to kill Bond while disguised as room service waiters.

I have all the Bond books and movies. As Stuttering John used to say, "big fan, big fan".
Yes. But it wasn’t a spider it was a scorpion that I was thinking about. They put a scorpion down the back of a guy’s shirt in the beginning of the movie.

I know this sounds out there, but does the SEC really need FSU if they get Miami? If the SEC has UF and Miami, FSU probably dies. I guess the B1G could snatch them up to try to make inroads into FL, but I am not quite convinced they would. FSU succeeding while being a member of a 1000 mile away conference while being surrounded by UM, UF, UGA, BAMA, AUB, etc all in a dominant SEC might be too much to ask for. Why give up another slice of the pie if you don't think a program has a great future? Recency bias could hurt them as well.

Totally fair point. FSU is not a hot commodity

Thank all of the gods in every religion that Miami is on the upswing. I would be a giant mope if we were navigating these waters with Manny and Blake

Advertisement

It's not out there. Forfeit College is mostly redundant for the $EC. Miami adds a different element. It makes the whole state $EC territory in practice.

Large UF and FSU alumni base but Miami is the capstone program in SFL. That isn't changing.
Absolutely figured that, just helping myself sleep at night.

I mentioned this last week. Was at Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and had an exchange with a guy and it was understood we both were Canes fans. It was great. Capstone.

I need to move down here so I can go to all the games. Soon enough as the kids are growing quickly.

Advertisement

That would be the single greatest slap to the face that I can imagine. I love it.

Not sure I follow but if Miami, Clemson, FSU, UVA, VT, UNC, U of L and someone else all bolt, what happens to TV deal?

You really think eight ACC teams are going to get snatched up by the B1G/SEC?

I think the locks are Clemson and UNC. I think more than probable Miami and UVA. FSU is likely. And VT and L'ville need to pray. If one of those two gets in it might really kill the others chances. And you answered your own question with "someone else." There ain't no someone else! There won't even be seven IMO. My guess? 4-6. Which is less than eight.

Advertisement
Perfect solution to preserve 4 power conferences:

Pac 12
Arizona
Arizona State
UC-Berkeley
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Utah
Washington
Washington State
ADD: Baylor
ADD: Kansas
ADD: Kansas State
ADD: Oklahoma State
ADD: TCU
ADD: Texas Tech
ADD: BYU
ADD: Houston

(if you go past 18, possibly add from Iowa State, Boise State, Colorado State, UNLV, San Diego State, Utah State, Wyoming, SMU, New Mexico, New Mexico State)

ACC
BC
Clemson
Duke
F$U
GaTech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
Pitt
Syracuse
UVa
VaTech
Wake Forest
ADD: Notre Dame
ADD: Cincinnati
ADD: UCF
ADD: USF

(If you go past 18, possibly add from West Virginia, Memphis, Temple)

Create 3 6-team pods in each conference. Merge TV networks. Set up cross-conference OOC games (or maybe each pod plays 5 pod games, 2 conference games, and two cross-conference games).

SEC in Miami with games in Miami seems like it could help the other SEC schools that don’t recruit well in south Florida. SEC really should be wanting Miami. And I would think the B1G in Miami would be a bad thing for the SEC.
SEC in Miami with games in Miami seems like it could help the other SEC schools that don’t recruit well in south Florida. Possibly, but with this staff, it aids Miami to be able to say "we play in the $EC." That critique is off the table.

SEC really should be wanting Miami. Agree.

And I would think the B1G in Miami would be a bad thing for the SEC. Probably hurts $EC recruiting somewhat, see above. B1G label probably helps Miami somewhat (vis-a-vis being in the ACC). However, $EC label helps us more than B1G.

My two cents.

My guess is that our Silent Partner is Clemson. Which would leave FSU holding the bag, although I would think that Miami would want to maintain that rivalry.

Clemson has to be going to the SEC, otherwise Dabo will never eat lunch in Tuscaloosa again. But logic and finances, plus the cultural fit, and the fact that this Miami leadership doesn't want to be screwed by the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa branch of the Tobacco Road Mafia points to The U headed to the B1G.

Something doesn't fit here, but that's why they pay Rad the big bucks and not me.
Excellent analysis!
The posts on the Minnesota website mentioned a 100% vote of all members to get out of the Agreement. I don’t see that happening as some of these teams will not have a lifeline to the SEC or B1G. We might be best suited to negotiate a buyout over time. My thinking is that if the conference tv deals for the SEC and the B1G are huge, we could be paying the ACC off easily and then start coming out ahead maybe 5 or 6 years down the road.

I’m really hoping we go to the B1G between them and the SEC. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it. We saw how it was under Tobacco Road Rule. The SEC will be even worse to us and more biased. These confederate schools would love to lock us down. People think stuff like us getting Mauigoa today or Wayne possibly in a week will make these guys want to help us beat Alabama, UGA, UF, Tennessee, LSU… any of them… even more???

**** no. They’ll set up rules we have to follow that take away our advantages in favor of the good ole boys. We’d be walking into an ambush. I’d rather take my chances on the B1G.
Agreed!

Perfect solution to preserve 4 power conferences:

Pac 12
Arizona
Arizona State
UC-Berkeley
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Utah
Washington
Washington State
ADD: Baylor
ADD: Kansas
ADD: Kansas State
ADD: Oklahoma State
ADD: TCU
ADD: Texas Tech
ADD: BYU
ADD: Houston

(if you go past 18, possibly add from Iowa State, Boise State, Colorado State, UNLV, San Diego State, Utah State, Wyoming, SMU, New Mexico, New Mexico State)

ACC
BC
Clemson
Duke
F$U
GaTech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
Pitt
Syracuse
UVa
VaTech
Wake Forest
ADD: Notre Dame
ADD: Cincinnati
ADD: UCF
ADD: USF

(If you go past 18, possibly add from West Virginia, Memphis, Temple)

Create 3 6-team pods in each conference. Merge TV networks. Set up cross-conference OOC games (or maybe each pod plays 5 pod games, 2 conference games, and two cross-conference games).
Pop Tv No GIF by One Day At A Time

Advertisement
Back