MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
It's not out there. Forfeit College is mostly redundant for the $EC. Miami adds a different element. It makes the whole state $EC territory in practice.

That would be the single greatest slap to the face that I can imagine. I love it.

Might explain why the rumor mill/insiders seemingly have us tied to Clemson and not FSU as we would have all probably predicted on a cursorily level.

Yes. But it wasn’t a spider it was a scorpion that I was thinking about. They put a scorpion down the back of a guy’s shirt in the beginning of the movie.

Ah, yes, they kill a whole batch of diamond smugglers near the beginning of Diamonds Are Forever, including dropping a scorpion down the shirt of a dentist who was helping to smuggle the diamonds.

You really think eight ACC teams are going to get snatched up by the B1G/SEC?

I think the locks are Clemson and UNC. I think more than probable Miami and UVA. FSU is likely. And VT and L'ville need to pray. If one of those two gets in it might really kill the others chances. And you answered your own question with "someone else." There ain't no someone else! There won't even be seven IMO. My guess? 4-6. Which is less than eight.
Miami, Clemson, VT and possibly U of L/FSU to SEC

ND, UVA, UNC and BC/Duke to B1G

Big 12/PAC-12 could scoop up some as well

I guess just ACC to dissolve now lol

Pop Tv No GIF by One Day At A Time

I didn't say I wanted to preserve 4 power conferences, I'm just saying that's how you would do it.

Advertisement
Perfect solution to preserve 4 power conferences:

Pac 12
Arizona
Arizona State
UC-Berkeley
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Utah
Washington
Washington State
ADD: Baylor
ADD: Kansas
ADD: Kansas State
ADD: Oklahoma State
ADD: TCU
ADD: Texas Tech
ADD: BYU
ADD: Houston

(if you go past 18, possibly add from Iowa State, Boise State, Colorado State, UNLV, San Diego State, Utah State, Wyoming, SMU, New Mexico, New Mexico State)

ACC
BC
Clemson
Duke
F$U
GaTech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
Pitt
Syracuse
UVa
VaTech
Wake Forest
ADD: Notre Dame
ADD: Cincinnati
ADD: UCF
ADD: USF

(If you go past 18, possibly add from West Virginia, Memphis, Temple)

Create 3 6-team pods in each conference. Merge TV networks. Set up cross-conference OOC games (or maybe each pod plays 5 pod games, 2 conference games, and two cross-conference games).
Ugly ACC conference. Just ugly. Compared to having UM / Clemson / FSU / UNC added to the SEC.

How different would you feel if this were happening a year ago? We'd be having fears of being Vandy's *****.

Ugly ACC conference. Just ugly. Compared to having UM / Clemson / FSU / UNC added to the SEC.

What in the fvck is wrong with you? It's the exact same ACC as now, including Notre Dame, and adding 3 large TV markets.

You are a troll who only trafficks in negativity.

Nobody was trying to compare the ACC to the SEC, genius, it was simply a way to recombine the ACC, Big 12, and Pac 12, assuming our ESPN overlords even want that to happen.

Advertisement
Granted, it would make the playoffs easier with 4.

That's all. It's just a thought exercise. It would bring back some semblance of regionality and take the P5 to P4.

If there's enough TV money to go around to four 16-18 team power conferences, it's worth a look. But it's equally (if not more) likely to transpire that the SEC and Big 10 continue to gobble up schools like Pac Man.

Advertisement
Might explain why the rumor mill/insiders seemingly have us tied to Clemson and not FSU as we would have all probably predicted on a cursorily level.

We all hate FSU but they really are a dumpster fire.

Still paying off Slick Willie. Norvell is trash, 4 straight losing seasons and the cherry on top??? They hired their booster club president to be their AD. Removing our bias due to rivalry, it’s pretty common knowledge FSU hasn’t even hit their Rick bottom yet.

It really would not surprise me if FSU was left out of the cool kids club of Miami Clemson and UNC

We all hate FSU but they really are a dumpster fire.

Still paying off Slick Willie. Norvell is trash, 4 straight losing seasons and the cherry on top??? They hired their booster club president to be their AD. Removing our bias due to rivalry, it’s pretty common knowledge FSU hasn’t even hit their Rick bottom yet.

It really would not surprise me if FSU was left out of the cool kids club of Miami Clemson and UNC
I do not think FSU will be left out when it is all said and done but you are spot on about their situation.

Advertisement
Apparently Dennis Dodd reported it would take $500 million to leave ACC
I have to wonder if those draconian terms are even enforceable. And to what end to you hold everyone against their own will. The ACC relationships are going to get ugly if a solution isn’t found.

Whatever happened to those “look ins” the television agreement had to ensure the compensation stayed competitive? Guess that was BS to help sell it to the public/fans?

My personal opinion - the fact that no crazy leaks nclude Miami means we are in serious conversations and on the way out. It's the Mario situation all over. You only leak information if you want to get a reaction or try to move the needle in your favor. You don't leak anything when you actually want to get a deal done. Miami is as good as gone from the ACC.

The ironic part is I live in Charlottesville and I don't get the ACC Network, but I do get the SEC and B1G networks. Given Xfinity is the only internet option where I live, so with that comes their cable as well. I just hope wherever Miami ends up I can actually watch their games without some backroom streaming option
Iptv and you can watch whatever sports you want..

Advertisement
Back