MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I think we’d have a shot at both, especially the B1G. My thought is that the SEC has to pick their poison as to what’s worse - the B1G with a base in Miami and South Florida or Miami getting into the SEC and the loss of the use of the SEC brand value against Miami as a recruiting competitor???
Which do you think they feel is the lesser of 2 evils for them?

I think we’d have a shot at both, especially the B1G. My thought is that the SEC has to pick their poison as to what’s worse - the B1G with a base in Miami and South Florida or Miami getting into the SEC and the loss of the use of the SEC brand value against Miami as a recruiting competitor???
I don’t think the SEC brass necessarily cares about the recruiting competition. They care about money. The Miami “U” with an SEC patch next to it on the jersey dominating football is a gold mine for the SEC. UF cares about recruiting competition, as they should, hence why they’re actively trying to block us from joining.

One thing I’ll say that makes the SEC stand out to me (and I’m someone who thinks we’ll get fairer treatment in the B1G), is that the gator is so adamant about anybody but Miami to the SEC, that us going there will mess them up in all kinds of ways. Lol. That’s the bright side.

What’s your frequency?
music video 90s GIF

Advertisement
I wonder if basketball would factor into UNCs decision much more than it would at most other schools. UNC is also a departure from the SECs norm of wanting schools in backward a$$ hicktowns.
Yes, Austin and Nashville are begging for some big city help. lol

Key Questions: Do you think the SEC would want 3 universities in Florida? Yes, all 3 would effectively lock down the state as 100% SEC territory, but do you think they'd rather use a spot to get into a new area altogether (NC, VA, etc)?

If you think they only want 2, why do you think they would want the Canes over FSU? I would argue Miami gets left out as FSU fits their profile better. Public school, large stadium, large number of students, etc. I think Vandy is the only private school in the SEC. With Florida and FSU, they would get about half of the Miami market with all their alumni down here.

I do hope they would go for both schools as I'd love to see Florida on the schedule EVERY year again. Whatever happens, hopefully we end up in one of the big 2 conferences.

That’s my thinking and hope. I mean, I’d be fine with B1G. But I prefer SEC. What scares me is not getting in either.

We are paying Dan Radakovich for this exact reason. If we stay in the ACC, it's because we added teams and renegotiated a TV deal.

Add ND, Washington, Oregon, Stanford, UCal, SMU, and ND.

Advertisement
Which areas of the country would you rather recruit from? SEC or B1G?

The obvious answer is SEC territory. We go to the B1G, while we may land some from that area, the odds are longer that we won't. They'll have a wall around our state and to those who don't think it matters, you're wrong.

Sure, we could still recruit nationally, but the further you go the more problematic and unlikely landing those recruits becomes.

SEC or ACC better get their ducks in a row. B1G isn't the solution.

Key Questions: Do you think the SEC would want 3 universities in Florida? Yes, all 3 would effectively lock down the state as 100% SEC territory, but do you think they'd rather use a spot to get into a new area altogether (NC, VA, etc)?

If you think they only want 2, why do you think they would want the Canes over FSU? I would argue Miami gets left out as FSU fits their profile better. Public school, large stadium, large number of students, etc. I think Vandy is the only private school in the SEC. With Florida and FSU, they would get about half of the Miami market with all their alumni down here.

I do hope they would go for both schools as I'd love to see Florida on the schedule EVERY year again. Whatever happens, hopefully we end up in one of the big 2 conferences.

Excellent point, no school in the SEC has more than two schools in the same state. BIG 12 had how many Texas schools at one point? How did that work out? Or how about California schools in the PAC 12?

BIG 10 has the most private schools, I believe, out of all the P5
Disregard that last part.

Last edited:

Yes, they would want all three, but if they're picking only one, they should go FSU. Thay leaves a wall of enemy territory / conference around us which will help them in recruiting.

Yes, Austin and Nashville are begging for some big city help. lol

Since Texas isn't playing in the SEC yet, Vandy is currently the only school that isn't in Hicksville. And whether the SEC wants to keeps Vandy is an open question.

Also, I know some pundits are saying UVA to the SEC, but it would be a strange addition. Sure it gets some of the DC market, but I don't think UVA has massive following and they aren't much of a football school. VT seems like it would be more SEC than UVA. I kinda feel sorry for Wake Forest, they actually try at football but might effectively end up being a G5.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Excellent point, no school in the SEC has more than two schools in the same state. BIG 12 had how many Texas schools at one point? How did that work out? Or how about California schools in the PAC 12?

B1G has only one private university

ACC what, four?

The Big Ten and SEC (and Pac-12 after USC leaves) actually have the fewest at one apiece. The only private school in the Big Ten is Northwestern...and soon to be USC.
The ACC has Miami, Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse and Boston College. Plus Notre Dame for non-football sports.

Advertisement
While it is being discussed as to which schools should be added to which conference, there should a be separate discussion about which schools should be removed from their current conferences. For example Vanderbilt has no place in the sports world. I would even include Duke. Yes their basketball does well but this a football driven issue and like Vandy, they simply do not make the necessary investment to receive an equal piece of the revenue pie.
Washington State? Missouri? Utah? These schools also don't bring a TV market.

How much do Kentucky or Mississippi St. really contribute to SEC football though?

Advertisement
Back