MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This guy has been pretty spot-on with his info on the B1G's expansion, including the UCLA-USC possibility back in the spring.

View attachment 196493

Can you imagine the unrelenting HATRED both on this site and from Canes everywhere for the entire $EC if we end up in the B1G and the Noles join up with the Gators in the SEC ...

It would be epic

If he's right I think the SEC loses the UNC/UVA battle and then you might have them coming hard after us anyway.

Advertisement
Agreed.

But think about it this way...

If the SEC "takes two" (Miami/Clemson), then the Big 10 is just gonna take 2 more. And if Notre Dame isn't ready to jump into the Big 10 boat, then two VERY good, strategic, and AAU-friendly options are UVa and UNC.

And for a moment, set aside the academics. Set aside the fact that UF (sadly), UT, and aTm are also very highly ranked academic schools, ones that would match up well to UVa and UNC. No, just ignore that for a moment.

The REAL REASON why the Big 10 would be smokin' hot on the tails of UVa and UNC is that it would get the Big 10 into NEW STATES. And if that happens, it's a big cable TV windfall for the Big 10.

And if the SEC takes UVa and UNC...do we REALLY believe the Big 10 will just smile and say "OK, give me VaTech and NC State then"? Highly unlikely.

So the SEC is not only doing something that helps the SEC, but they are stealing the best fish from where the Big 10 is fishing as well.

Whether that is the way it plays out? Who knows. But this is why I said that the "F$U talk" was coming FROM F$U.

If the NC legislature wants UNC and NC State together...and if the SEC only wants to add 4....then it might be fine with UNC and NC State. And the same rationale applies (assuming the VA legislature wants to bind UVa to VaTech).

That's why F$U is short a dance partner, unless ugly girl GaTech says yes.

I don't have proof, but if I ranked what I THINK the SEC priority is, I would say:

1. Miami/Clemson
2. A NC school and a VA school, preferably UNC and UVa
3. UNC-NC State if the politicians get involved
4. UVa-VaTech if the politicians get involved
5. F$U and someone else

If the SEC takes 2 teams, #1.
If the SEC takes 4 teams, #2 or #3 or #4.
If the SEC takes 6 teams, it's #1 plus the NC and VA duos.
If the SEC takes 8 teams, #5 comes into play.

I don't think any other ACC team fills those 7 spots, and the battle is on for #8. Maybe GaTech, Louisville, or Duke.
I think UNC could be the primary SEC target above all others.

This guy has been pretty spot-on with his info on the B1G's expansion, including the UCLA-USC possibility back in the spring.

View attachment 196493

Can you imagine the unrelenting HATRED both on this site and from Canes everywhere for the entire $EC if we end up in the B1G and the Noles join up with the Gators in the SEC ...

It would be epic
At least we know if that happened Mario would kick in every godforsaken door he had to to keep FSU on the schedule.

It would be easier to win in the big than the sec. They have USC and Ohio State as big time threats to win the ship. Michigan, ND and penn state next up as very slim chance. The rest ain’t winning ****.

The SEC would have Bama, lsu, FSU, Florida auburn , Texas and Oklahoma as big time threats.
This man said Florida lmfao

Advertisement
Better, but nobody gives a **** about them.

One other thing about the B1G that plays in UMs favor (yes I know we are SEC bound) is that Cristobal knows west coast recruiting. If you want to land the big Polynesian kids on a regular basis, it is good to be in the California market. UM locking down S Fl and then being a major player in California recruiting would basically be a cheat code. Can probably count on one hand the number of schools in the country that would have a recruiting footprint like that.

I think you might be right. And if unc end up in the sec, all the sudden that becomes a pretty good job. Get the right coach there.
I’m curious to see if they do it or go the academic route. Both them and UVA are better fits in the B1G IMO but I can see a lot of the teams going to either. It’s strange bedfellows.

Advertisement
I’m curious to see if they do it or go the academic route. Both them and UVA are better fits in the B1G IMO but I can see a lot of the teams going to either. It’s strange bedfellows.

I wonder if basketball would factor into UNCs decision much more than it would at most other schools. UNC is also a departure from the SECs norm of wanting schools in backward a$$ hicktowns.

My thought is the SEC might take Miami. But not because they want Miami as I assume they would prefer Miami get completely left out and then their current SEC schools could take in south Florida recruiting forever. I think the reason the SEC may take Miami is to just flat out block the B1G from getting Miami and having a team located in South Florida.
I think this is interesting with the SEC and us. It might be as simple as stopping the B1G from a South Florida foothold.

One other thing about the B1G that plays in UMs favor (yes I know we are SEC bound) is that Cristobal knows west coast recruiting. If you want to land the big Polynesian kids on a regular basis, it is good to be in the California market. UM locking down S Fl and then being a major player in California recruiting would basically be a cheat code. Can probably count on one hand the number of schools in the country that would have a recruiting footprint like that.

Cristobal has recruited all over the nation between Rutgers, FIU, Bama, and Oregon. While the B1G would help us out west it will hurt us down South.

Advertisement
That’s my thinking and hope. I mean, I’d be fine with B1G. But I prefer SEC. What scares me is not getting in either.
I think we’d have a shot at both, especially the B1G. My thought is that the SEC has to pick their poison as to what’s worse - the B1G with a base in Miami and South Florida or Miami getting into the SEC and the loss of the use of the SEC brand value against Miami as a recruiting competitor???

I’ve been vacationing with Kenneth the last week or so.

Can someone give me the latest?

Thank you.

:)
latest

Advertisement
I'm primarily concerned with CFB, but the idea of our Basketball team improving as it has and playing in the SEC, might mean more success in that sport. The ACC is typically the SEC of basketball.

SEC however secures the entire south including Texas. Mario will lock it down.

I'm primarily concerned with CFB, but the idea of our Basketball team improving as it has and playing in the SEC, might mean more success in that sport. The ACC is typically the SEC of basketball.
Not the last couple years imo. More Big 10/12 dominant with the SEC on the rise, but for most of the 2000's absolutely.

There are ZERO options on the table right now for F$U. There might be soon. But none yet.

And the ONLY reason the Big 10 would even CONSIDER taking F$U is (a) Miami goes to the SEC, and (b) the Big 10 is willing to suck a bag of d!cks to get into the Florida TV market.
Real quick, Breakfast Club is a good watch. John Hughes had the 80’s down.

Why is FSU so toxic? Is it as simple as they simply are broke? Thankfully, Miami put the big boy pants a few months ago.

Advertisement
Back