MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Miami one of the handful of teams that still has a strong national brand. That "U" is still recognized.

If I'm a streaming service/media company, Im pricing the total marginal value of inventory of games as a function of brands.

The math looks good for Miami either way imo.

While my instincts are SEC, I have to admit, being in the same conference with USC & Notre Dame is intriguing and I think a license to print money.

USC & Miami are the two "pro" teams in college football.

Advertisement
Trying to catch up through this thread so if already mentioned my apologies. But SEC schools travel well. So their goes to "1/2 empty stadium" as it would backfire because my guess is almost any team not named Vanderbilt would put more butts in our stadium and in most cases the casual fan would be much more inclined to come see Miami vs Missouri at noon then Miami vs GTech with regards to our own fanbase. So if we stay at Hard Rock the majority of our games would be drawing 60-70K even for the "bad games" and then forget it when the top SEC schools come down...that place will be a mad house.

If the day comes where we build and its only a 60-75K stadium forget it. Facilites, stadium, NIL, Mario, Staff, etc. They will have nothing
If your home games include UGA, UF, Tennessee, FSU, Clemson in any given year instead of GT, UVA, and Duke, that place will be bumping.

Advertisement
Andy Staples in his latest article wrote that Miami is one of the few schools that could draw interest from both SEC and B1G.

Both SEC and B1G: Miami, Notre Dame, UNC, Virginia.

Only SEC: Clemson, FSU.

He also added that Virginia Tech and NC State are more SEC-type.

So...Andy Staples has repeated exactly what I've said for the last week or two. The EXACT names and the legitimate reasons.

Nice.

For all you in the back-
REPEAT AFTER ME
- THERE IS NO SCENARIO WHERE MIAMI IS LEFT OUT. NONE. ZERO. NADA.
- WE GOT DAN FOR THIS REASON
- MANY ONLINE ARE USING THIS FOR CLICKS AND VIEWS
- NOTRE DAME CANT SAVE THE ACC
- DONT MISTAKE WHAT LEAGUE OFFICIALS AND THE BEGGAR SCHOOLS IN A CONFERENCE ARE PUTTING OUT AS BEING WHAT THE BRAND SCHOOLS ARE DOING
- SCHOOLS LIKE MIAMI AND CLEMSON WILL BE ALL IN FOR THE ACC UNTIL THE SECOND THEY ANNOUNCE
- FLORIDA CANT BLOCK MIAMI
- THE AAU ISNT A DEAL BREAKER FOR THE BIG 10
- THERE MAY BE A BIGGER THIRD CONFERNCE FORMED BUT IT WILL STILL BE DWARFED BY THR MONEY SEC AND BIG 10 get
- NO YOUR CRAZY CONSPIRACY THEORY OR NEW CONFERENCE IDEA WILL COME TRUE
- LISTEN TO WHAT @Boarcane @Bender @Cribby @TheOriginalCane @1murhurricane have to say- it won’t always be 100% because things are fluid but directionally it will be accurate - think of it as waze changing the route cause of an unexpected car crash

that is all. Go about your day
**** that's bold. You had me until Bender? Didn't realize he was an insider?

Advertisement
It would be really dumb if Miami joined the b10. It would be like joining the ACC all over again.
Animated GIF

Trying to catch up through this thread so if already mentioned my apologies. But SEC schools travel well. So their goes to "1/2 empty stadium" as it would backfire because my guess is almost any team not named Vanderbilt would put more butts in our stadium and in most cases the casual fan would be much more inclined to come see Miami vs Missouri at noon then Miami vs GTech with regards to our own fanbase. So if we stay at Hard Rock the majority of our games would be drawing 60-70K even for the "bad games" and then forget it when the top SEC schools come down...that place will be a mad house.

If the day comes where we build and its only a 60-75K stadium forget it. Facilites, stadium, NIL, Mario, Staff, etc. They will have nothing
hugely under discussed point. the SEC schedule would increase our attendance by a good amount. the average ACC team has no appeal for anyone but the die hard fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back