MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If we can, behind closed doors, convince enough teams to bolt from the ACC, the conference would implode and we wouldn’t have to pay that exorbitant GOA fee.
I was listening to a podcast where three guys were discussing the changing landscape in conference alignments ... the topic of the ACC and the GOR was tabled and one gentleman who was located in Charlotte said "The GOR agreement with the ACC is MALLEABLE. It includes a variety of PERFORMANCE CLAUSES and some of the agreements (apparently different schools have different agreements?) include a COMPETITIVE REVENUE CLAUSE. According to that ... if a program is receiving LESS in TV money from the ACC than SIMILAR PROGRAMS or lesser programs in other conferences, then they have the ability to leave the conference without penalty. You can be sure Radakovich is aware of every sentence in the UM and Clemson agreements and is working with the UM legal staff to be in a position to exercise whatever rights UM has. Interesting.

Advertisement
2CE180D4-718C-4AD0-A611-D8F5E627951B.jpeg

ACC - PAC Alliance. - SI Article

Last edited:
I’d do it.

The idea of just running off to the SEC still makes my stomach turn.

Plus there’s a chance the B1G only wants to add Notre Dame & then stand pat; the SEC in my estimation would really only want Clemson for Football & maybe UNC for BBall, but otherwise I don’t think they really want every straggler team to come join their cabal. Not saying Miami is a straggler team, but what I mean is I don’t think SEC is necessarily holding up a “Come one, come all!” sign for everybody.

If we can keep our leverage & still put something together without having to completely sell out to the SEC I’m all for it.

I get the financial part of it being the primary driving force, but there’s other ways to get a lucrative TV deal without simply joining the two Empires. I think the Pac-12, Big XII & ACC would be smart to find alternatives rather than just acquiescing to surrendering to the SEC & B1G.
I trust the SEC less than the Tobacco Road bunch. The Tobacco Road bunch ain’t got nothing on the good ole boys of the SEC. I also don’t see the SEC accepting Miami with open arms. Right now, they have the advantage and leverage and can/could pick and choose who they want to join the conference.

We’re extremely fortunate that Rad is our AD. He’s obviously been around the block a time or 12 and is well equipped to guide us through this mess.

Advertisement

Replacing the complete garbage Pac-12 Network by merging it into the mediocre ACC Network and having us play Oregon once in a while or Clemson play Washington doesn't seem like even a short-term solution to generate real revenue.

I'm beginning to think all of these moar weak sauce hypothetical proposals are either coming from the commissioners of soon to be failed conferences and/or the more undesirable schools in said conferences.

Replacing the complete garbage Pac-12 Network by merging it into the mediocre ACC Network and having us play Oregon once in a while or Clemson play Washington doesn't seem like even a short-term solution to generate real revenue.

I'm beginning to think all of these moar weak sauce hypothetical proposals are either coming from the commissioners of soon to be failed conferences and/or the more undesirable schools in said conferences.
I suspect it could be a good solution for those who are left in the ACC after Clemson and Miami depart.

So we handcuffed ourselves to those people for an extra nine years in order to share a cable network with the Pac [insert current number]?

Advertisement
I’d do it.

The idea of just running off to the SEC still makes my stomach turn.

Plus there’s a chance the B1G only wants to add Notre Dame & then stand pat; the SEC in my estimation would really only want Clemson for Football & maybe UNC for BBall, but otherwise I don’t think they really want every straggler team to come join their cabal. Not saying Miami is a straggler team, but what I mean is I don’t think SEC is necessarily holding up a “Come one, come all!” sign for everybody.

If we can keep our leverage & still put something together without having to completely sell out to the SEC I’m all for it.

I get the financial part of it being the primary driving force, but there’s other ways to get a lucrative TV deal without simply joining the two Empires. I think the Pac-12, Big XII & ACC would be smart to find alternatives rather than just acquiescing to surrendering to the SEC & B1G.

I couldn't find an article or source for the information, but I was listening to the "Cover 3"/CBS podcast yesterday. One of the casters claimed that the ACC had a clause in our contract with Notre Dame (Covid year contract to allow them in as a temporary member) which prevents them from joining any other conference for a period of time that wasn't mentioned on the podcast.

To be fair, having some sort of Championship in Vegas that is being proposed between the two Conference Champions would help a bit when it comes to credibility.

An undefeated team/ One loss team that wins their Conference and wins against the other Conference would be on good footing to say they deserve a chance at the B1G or SEC in some sort of postseason.

Advertisement
Look up every post from Cribby in this thread. That is the real info you need to believe.
Lol I'm aware, and do. I was jokingly asking why it seemed like most didn't though. Why was everyone continuing to speculate where we were going if they believed it? If they did and it's a done deal then that's that.

The only possible way it could work is with ND on board and that is highly unlikely.

Don’t get confused people by the ACC itself and acc members

war chicken GIF by happydog

Advertisement
Lol I'm aware, and do. I was jokingly asking why it seemed like most didn't though. Why was everyone continuing to speculate where we were going if they believed it? If they did and it's a done deal then that's that.
Ok now I understand you the way I read your original post sounded like you didn’t see it. 🤝🤝🤝

Cuz na ought everyone anc reed

Advertisement
Back