MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

With USC and UCLA, 15 of the 16 B1G members will be AAU accredited schools (Nebraska only one who is not). Seems important to them.
AAU is by invitation. I am sure if this is the only hurdle, the B1G AAU members can get an invitation extended to Miami. Miami's academic profile measures up the AAU requirements well. It should have no problem getting in. On the other, having been involved in several academic accreditations, I would say there are reasons to not join such associations. Sometimes it comes with too much bureaucracy and monetary cost to be part of such a grouping. I can see the benefit to the AAU though. I am sure the faculty wouldn't go against it.

Advertisement
So is this a matter of when not if? What is the timetable on this?

1657134190525.png

Glad that you’re tired of it. If you don’t like me giving my opinion, please put me on ignore.

She was responsible for the hiring of Blake James, and supported and encouraged his tyrannical and horrible regime every step of the way. She neutered our athletics department, and took the check from that shytbag Nevin Shapiro all too quickly and happily. She was a big reason why all of our sports went to ****.

I know that you and a couple of the other guys on this board think that you’re the most intelligent human beings alive, and that you’re never wrong. But everything that woman touched while at the U went to ****.

The fact that UHealth is now making lots of money had zero to do with her, as she had already been gone for a good while.

She’s a **** stain in UM’s history.
Without any doubt, she was the most "knowledgeable on sports" President the University has had. And, much more of a "fan" of UM's teams going back to Henry King Stanford's day (he was Pres when I was a student in the 60s). The rest were either ignorant of sports or, in Foote's case, downright hostile to them. Just ask JJ.

BTW, Shalala took the same pro-sports approach when she was President at the U of Wisconsin and, is credited still for turning that moribund B1G program around.

Don't like her politics? Fine with me.

AAU is by invitation. I am sure if this is the only hurdle, the B1G AAU members can get an invitation extended to Miami. Miami's academic profile measures up the AAU requirements well. It should have no problem getting in. On the other, having been involved in several academic accreditations, I would say there are reasons to not join such associations. Sometimes it comes with too much bureaucracy and monetary cost to be part of such a grouping. I can see the benefit to the AAU though. I am sure the faculty wouldn't go against it.
Think AAU is mostly about being a "research university." How many research grants, contracts you have. Could be wrong in that.

Advertisement
I try not to lean too far into conspiracy theories, but is there a rational explanation for Miami opponents only getting flagged for holding 6 times in 2017? We had a DL with McIntosh, Norton, Thomas, and Jackson- all our opponents were just so good at OL play that they could shut down that pass rush?

That made the nicest man, aka Coach Mark Richt, loose his absolute **** in the Orange Bowl.

Without any doubt, she was the most "knowledge on sports" President the University has had. And, much more of a "fan" of UM's teams going back to Henry King Stanford's day (he was Pres when I was a student in the 60s). The rest were either ignorant of sports or, in Foote's case, downright hostile to them. Just ask JJ.

BTW, Shalala took the same pro-sports approach when she was President at the U of Wisconsin and, is credited still for turning that moribund B1G program around.

Don't like her politics? Fine with me.
Who said anything about politics. I shure didn’t. You can slurp her all you want. She was a terrible hire, and forever a stain on the U.

Except that Miami has almost never been the highest bidder on any of our NIL deals so far. So we could easily show that FMV is above what we've paid. It's also dubious. Again, you are restricting someone's ability to earn. We wouldn't even have to sue, we can stay above the fray and let the player and/or the Ruiz' of the world sue. This would be a slam dunk in the courts. Which is why the SEC wouldn't try in the first place. They know how it will end, which would be disastrous for the conference, a true black eye.

You guys and your boogeymen, lol. At what point are you going to all really that the ONLY that matters in this new college football landscape is MONEY. That's it. Don't catch other feelings.

And if the SEC takes us in, they are going to want Miami to be successful and raise the bar because that's how we can be valuable to the conference. When Miami is good, we are a monster TV draw. And all CFB is these days is whatever the next TV contract says it is.
C E:
Bottom line is each school is looking at the $$$$$$$'s. Each Conference is looking at the $$$$$$$$$$$'s. All the Networks are looking at the $$$$$$$$'s, so what do you think a move will come down to?...........................you got it......
Hustling Pay Day GIF

Advertisement
I think you're being naive if you don't expect the SEC to err on the side of protecting bama/UGA. It's not that they will want us to suck, but I can't see them being happy if we turn out to be one of their top teams. We all know when something doesn't go saban's way he whines about the rules and tries to change them, so I'd expect him to be against us if we look threatening. He'll try to bring Kirby and everybody else with him, and it goes without saying the SEC is going to take anything he says very seriously.
I can only repeat what I said, its not about personal feelings or relationships, its about money. Every single change in conferences in these days is about money and money only and personal vendettas will only cause lost money.

Since I’ve read every single post from you maniacs ive updated the OP with the only credible bits of information posted in here.
*cough* Cribby *cough*
Problem is ppl on here spend to much time listening to pundits and radio shows of ppl pushing UNC like for example Reece Davis last night. Stop listening to talking heads they’re full of 💩💩💩

I try not to lean too far into conspiracy theories, but is there a rational explanation for Miami opponents only getting flagged for holding 6 times in 2017? We had a DL with McIntosh, Norton, Thomas, and Jackson- all our opponents were just so good at OL play that they could shut down that pass rush?
Everyone all of a sudden has amnesia. They forgot the record number of snaps in 2017 without a holding call against opposing OL’s. Or the game where we got called for 20 plus penalties against Duke…or the Nebraska game where our dudes were being repeatedly tackled from behind by the OL on the way to the QB, and the ref ate his whistle time and again.

I guess that they also forgot about the egregious no call against Wisconsin when their CB grabbed and tugged Cager’s jersey in the end zone and almost ripped it off with the linesman watching it the whole way. It was all over social media, and even the typically stoic Richt lost his ****. There were multiple horrible calls and no calls in that game.

These are just but a few examples of the **** that we’ve had to put up with for years. But, yeah, we’re all just “conspiracy theorists.”

Last edited:
Yeah, they can’t restrict NIL. They can’t stop a business from making a sponsorship deal with someone - maybe a collective.

And while I think they’ll look at ways to even the field at our expense, we’re going to need to go there or the B1G and since the SEC seems to be the likely place - we just need to be careful and hope for the best.
Posters are taking extremes to try to prove a point. (Stunning, I know). My guess is those in your camp are not saying there will be an Anti-Miami bylaw or that the SEC will make Miami play with less players - simply that if we all think there was homecooking in the ACC against us, you ain’t see the dishes likely to come our way in the SEC… and I just don’t see the B1G quite as bad.

Advertisement
Posters are taking extremes to try to prove a point. (Stunning, I know). My guess is those in your camp are not saying there will be an Anti-Miami bylaw or that the SEC will make Miami play with less players - simply that if we all think there was homecooking in the ACC against us, you ain’t see the dishes likely to come our way in the SEC… and I just don’t see the B1G quite as bad.
If it ends up being a 24 team conference with four six team divisions ... UM will be fine . Just win your games.

Yes sir, just like the Hard Rock renovation, they made improvements to the fan experience which shrank the number of seats by getting rid of outdated temporary bleachers that allow you to pack people in like sardines. They still virtually sell out every game (~97%). They are top 3 in the ACC or better pretty much each year in capacity percentage sold. Now give them $100M a year in TV money to invest in the program and an attractive B!G/SEC schedule, I guarantee you there is a stadium expansion in their future. As stated, they had a 7 year run of consecutive sellouts when the stadium was bigger. They sold out every single game but ONE when Butch was HC when the stadium was bigger. All of this while wasting away in the 2nd tier ACC. Lots of potential. Sleeping giant. I'd be a buyer.

View attachment 196223
To be fair that’s tickets sold by Miami. Not butts inseats per se

Advertisement
Everyone all of a sudden has amnesia. They forgot the record number of snaps in 2017 without a holding call against opposing OL’s. Or the game where we got called for 20 plus penalties against Duke…or the Nebraska game where our dudes where being repeatedly tackled from behind by the OL on the way to the QB, and the ref ate his whistle time and again.

I guess that they also forgot about the egregious no call against Wisconsin when their CB grabbed and tugged Cager’s jersey in the end zone and almost ripped it off with the linesman watching it the whole way. It was all over social media, and even the typically stoic Richt lost his ****. There were multiple horrible calls and no calls in that game.

These are just but a few examples of the **** that we’ve had to put up with for years. But, yeah, we’re all just “conspiracy theorists.”
I mean there are bad calls, no calls and phantom calls against every team every year but the holding penalty issue was ridiculous. Miami led the nation in sacks and tackles for loss but were somehow never held for an entire season? Come on.

Advertisement
Back