MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Great job. Total waste of time.

as someone posted earlier it’s two winners and one ugly sister

hot girls GIF

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

olivier awards hamilton GIF by Official London Theatre

Advertisement
It's not just money. It's literally oxygen vs. no oxygen. Life or death. Existence as a real program. It's binary. SEC/B1G or die. That is what's happening. See the whole field. Bookmark this (is that a thing?) and come back to me when its all said and done. If you aren't in the Power-2 you will essentially become a Group of 5 program with a nostalgic brand. Hold me to this and rake me if I'm wrong.

Bro, I'm in agreement. Maybe there is some miracle where the ACC (including ND) and Pac12 can force the TV channels to redo the contract or get Amazon to pay a billion plus for exclusive rights. I don't think that miracle is going to happen. If it somehow does come to pass, then UM can include that in the decision making. But for now it's a binary option: B1G or SEC. I don't like the SEC. If we join, let's bookmark this as you said and check back in 5 years when UM fans are livid about SEC officiating and we've missed out on the playoffs for the 2nd or 3rd time because of some bullish!t PI call or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty because a player clapped his hands too hard after making a big 4th down stop. All I'm saying is that I hope Rad's SEC connections aren't giving him SEC blinders and causing him to ignore the B1G flirtations.

Bro, I'm in agreement. Maybe there is some miracle where the ACC (including ND) and Pac12 can force the TV channels to redo the contract or get Amazon to pay a billion plus for exclusive rights. I don't think that miracle is going to happen. If it somehow does come to pass, then UM can include that in the decision making. But for now it's a binary option: B1G or SEC. I don't like the SEC. If we join, let's bookmark this as you said and check back in 5 years when UM fans are livid about SEC officiating and we've missed out on the playoffs for the 2nd or 3rd time because of some bullish!t PI call or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty because a player clapped his hands too hard after making a big 4th down stop. All I'm saying is that I hope Rad's SEC connections aren't giving him SEC blinders and causing him to ignore the B1G flirtations.

Even if they ripped up the ACC/B12/P10 contracts and we got to start all over, no one is going to pay us more than say 35 cents on the dollar compared to B1G/SEC. And whatever they pay its gong to split with a ton of schools. We will be at a massive disadvantage financially, SOS, you name it.

Here is the real deal IMO:

The ACC is the only real "fit" for Miami. We are a unique school. Private, small, cosmopolitan, international, lots of alumni up north... AND good at football! Unicorn.

But the ACC is dead. It's B1G or SEC as we've both said. Honestly, we're not a great fit in either. I was leaning B1G hard, because I am a snob lol and I hate everything about the SEC schools sans Vandy or the music scene in Athens. But the distance and weather to the B1G is just really a dealbreaker. Weather especially for baseball. At first I was like "well if USC can put the miles in" but then I realized USC is oddly in even a worse situation that we are. Again, its SEC/B1G or die and they are absurdly far away from both so they had no choice. With all its weird fit, the SEC is really our best option. If we get in (please, sweet tiny little baby jesbus in a tiny little incubator) we will adapt. I could see us doing academic partnerships with Vandy and Texas down the road. We can snob it out the way Vandy does, WHILE we are kicking their asses on the field!

Advertisement
As I said yesterday in a different way, this is the admin of acc not necessarily Miami Clemson fsu plan… sure they will say all the right things and then two days later announce a move to the sec…

announcing loose partnership between the Hindenburg and the ground

GIF by South Park
They're just trying to up their standing for the inevitable damages we would have to pay when leaving the conference. It'll be in the hands of the lawyers soon

Leave the ACC before the building burns to the ground. Clearly, super conferences are the thing, whether it's 2 or 3 of them. The ACC is silly at this point to add schools or merge with leftover Pac-12 schools in hopes of forming one of the super conferences. That's a desperation move on the part of the Pac-12 leftovers and a handful of weak-*** ACC schools that see the handwriting on the wall, not to mention an ACC commissioner who would like to hang onto a job. God bless them, but Wake Forest, Duke and probably 4-5 other ACC schools don't factor as potential members of football super conferences. And yes, this is all about football.
Obviously some legal hurdles may be ahead, but Miami presumably has had discussions with both the Big 10 and SEC. That's where the future of big boy football is headed. No reason to linger longer than necessary in an ACC conference that has done you no favors.

What’s going to happen to the big 12 and remaining pac 10 teams? Maybe in 10-15 years I could see it getting down to 2 once the tv deals are up again, but that would an aggressive move to get done in the next 3 years.

They will merge into a B-list amalgamation of leftover school and essentially become a way second tier conference that takes whatever scraps the B1G/SEC decide to give them as far as playoff, etc participation. Like, they might get 1-2 spots in a 16 team playoff if that happened. Or even completely frozen out of whatever format the P2 powers decide on. They will get a tier 2 TV package and we might watch one of their best games (NCST vs Cal! - except neither team has any top 247 players anymore) when they run them at weird times when the B1G/SEC is done. On a busy week they will have the 21st most watchable game, and that will be their marquee matchup. Remember once these conferences get raided (B12 and P12 already have) and those top teams leave, ESPN etc can kill or gut the contract.

Advertisement
So I guess that Miami and Clemson are within a few weeks of going to the sec news in this thread yesterday was like a jk?

Guys, guys, we're fine. There's nothing to be anxious about. We aren't staying in the ACC. DRad and our admin are gonna get us into the best possible deal for us.

They will merge into a B-list amalgamation of leftover school and essentially become a way second tier conference that takes whatever scraps the B1G/SEC decide to give them as far as playoff, etc participation. Like, they might get 1-2 spots in a 16 team playoff if that happened. Or even completely frozen out of whatever format the P2 powers decide on. They will get a tier 2 TV package and we might watch one of their best games (NCST vs Cal! - except neither team has any top 247 players anymore) when they run them at weird times when the B1G/SEC is done. Remember once these conferences get raided (B12 and P12 already have) and those top teams leave, ESPN etc can kill or gut the contract.
**** haha I’m a bit more optimistic about that merger I guess. it all depends on the schools they take, but the way I drew it up, I know I would be interested in that conference…especially if it was the scenario #2 schools I listed. I think there are several programs on the rise there. It would obviously be a step down compared to the big 10/SEC but not a completely dramatic one.

However if they decide to go scorch earth and hand pick teams then yeah it will get ugly quick haha

If ND ends up joining the Big, as some experts are predicting, ACC is toast.

UNC, UVA, Miami, and Clemson would get plucked quick I am assuming.

Advertisement
**** haha I’m a bit more optimistic about that merger I guess. it all depends on the schools they take, but the way I drew it up, I know I would be interested in that conference…especially if it was the scenario #2 schools I listed. I think there are several programs on the rise there. It would obviously be a step down compared to the big 10/SEC but not a completely dramatic one.

However if they decide to go scorch earth and hand pick teams then yeah it will get ugly quick haha

The thing is, however you value those schools, they are going to be worth a lot less and very soon. The will suddenly be at a major financial disadvantage compared to B1G/SEC schools on every level. Facilities, exposure, schedule. recruiting budgets, etc. But none of that will matter as 97% of the top 1000 players are going to want to go to B1G/SEC schools because the disparity will be massive which will dilute their product so much you almost won't recognize it.

The thing is, however you value those schools, they are going to be worth a lot less and very soon. The will suddenly be at a major financial disadvantage compared to B1G/SEC schools on every level. Facilities, exposure, schedule. recruiting budgets, etc. But none of that will matter as 97% of the top 1000 players are going to want to go to B1G/SEC schools because the disparity will be massive which will dilute their product so much you almost won't recognize it.
30 million discrepancy already, imagine what it will be when everything is renewed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back