MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

^​

May has still been involved with broadcasting since he was laid off from ESPN. He has a show with legendary football coach Lou Holtz called The Crowd’s Line College Football Show where they breakdown different football games and talk about other topics surrounding college football and the NFL. May is very active on social media as well. He has had a lot of experience playing football and talking about the game.

Never heard of that show, although not surprised Lou Holtz is involved.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube. No content since the Super Bowl.
Can’t imagine anything I would want to see less

Advertisement
So is FSU.

The World News rankings don't fully address academic standing and takes into account numerous non-academic factors. It's used mostly for bragging rights. This has been discussed numerous times on this board. @TheOriginalCane or @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can opine at this better than I can.

It’s been covered so often on here by others than myself even, people can just do a search.

I think the bottom line in terms of this thread, is that whatever our ranking is on the USNWR will have less than zero impact on the direction of these conference defections/mergers.

Advertisement
We gotta get out of this **** hole conference. They got caught with their hand on their pud yet again. Big10 & SEC lightyears ahead.

If the status quo had held, the bad news is it woulda been a lot easier to reach the CFB Playoff out of the ACC than it would be from the SEC or Big 10. In other words, Mario's job just got a lot harder. The good news is he seems more than up for that level of challenge.
Forget what you already know about the sport..and understand the SEC did not acquire OU and Texas..ESPN did..ESPN Or Fox (whomever the big 10 does its billion dollar TV deal with) will acquire Miami..these tv executives are pulling these strings behind the scene

SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Clemson

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Georgia

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi
I’d add Louisville to SEC north and bump LSU to SEC west, Missouri to SEC Midwest.

Advertisement
Whomever the big 10 signs that TV deal with understood the value of the LA west coast market..that’s why those 2 schools will travel across country to play **** Rutgers..it’s all about brands and 💰💵

SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Clemson

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Mizzou
Vanderbilt
Georgia

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi
Every school in the 'Midwest' is more west than every school in the 'West'

Advertisement
It’s not just recruiting to worry about.

Miami’s defense will never, ever, not even once… benefit from an offensive holding call.

In an infinite universe, everything has a non-zero chance of happening…. Except an SEC member Miami team benefiting from a timely holding call.
We haven't been getting those calls. It's simple
The main problem with this is that, even though this super conference would make more revenue than PAC-12/ACC alone, when you divide it amongst 30 schools, you're not making much more (ACC probably makes more because current deal is that ******, but nothing compared to SEC/B1G money). To up the share of money each school brings in, you need to bring in football programs people want to watch. Teams added need to be worth more than your current average team to increase the conference revenue. Making a huge mediocre conference doesn't help much.
If the conference grows then so will the revenue. That's how big business works
The main problem with this is that, even though this super conference would make more revenue than PAC-12/ACC alone, when you divide it amongst 30 schools, you're not making much more (ACC probably makes more because current deal is that ******, but nothing compared to SEC/B1G money). To up the share of money each school brings in, you need to bring in football programs people want to watch. Teams added need to be worth more than your current average team to increase the conference revenue. Making a huge mediocre conference doesn't help much.
Bigger conference bigger revenue that's how big business goes and yes fellas this is a business move. May not see the increase in income at first but it will pay more in the long run

Advertisement
huh? they're not stuck lol. they can leave at any point. just pay the exit fee and you're gone. you just have to be invited elsewhere to leave first. if Cribby is right and he generally is, then I assume miami and Clemson have been backdoor talking with the SEC and likely will be formally invited soon. remember the formal invite comes out after the leaks occur (USC/UCLA weren't invited formally until after it was already leaked that they're gone). I had heard we spoke with the big 10 but again not sure how deep those talks went.
I mean they already have their schedule from 2023-2026. I feel like Miami would have already jumped ship if they weren't planning on being apart of the new schedule changes. Miami basically commuted themselves to being in the ACC through at least 2026.

huh? they're not stuck lol. they can leave at any point. just pay the exit fee and you're gone. you just have to be invited elsewhere to leave first. if Cribby is right and he generally is, then I assume miami and Clemson have been backdoor talking with the SEC and likely will be formally invited soon. remember the formal invite comes out after the leaks occur (USC/UCLA weren't invited formally until after it was already leaked that they're gone). I had heard we spoke with the big 10 but again not sure how deep those talks went.

Grant of Rights is still HUGE financial issue, and runs through 2036.

Won't be an absolute roadblock, but it's definitely a hurdle to navigate.

We gotta get out of this **** hole conference. They got caught with their hand on their pud yet again. Big10 & SEC lightyears ahead.
I mean we basically committed our selves to the ACC through 2026 by announcing our schedule for the next 4 seasons.

Advertisement
Back