MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Miami shoot themselves in the foot when the ACC came out with the schedule change through 2026. Miami is now stuck

huh? they're not stuck lol. they can leave at any point. just pay the exit fee and you're gone. you just have to be invited elsewhere to leave first. if Cribby is right and he generally is, then I assume miami and Clemson have been backdoor talking with the SEC and likely will be formally invited soon. remember the formal invite comes out after the leaks occur (USC/UCLA weren't invited formally until after it was already leaked that they're gone). I had heard we spoke with the big 10 but again not sure how deep those talks went.

Advertisement
Take what UF Andy and his Gayturd sauces say with a grain of salt. This UNC narrative they've ALL glommed onto is quite comical as well. Yes, UNC is definitely an attractive school overall but these clowns are essentially putting it just a notch below Notre Dame in these discussions.

When Feldman corroborates any of this "reportage" at The Athletic then pay attention. All I've heard him say is Miami is an attractive school/market to both conferences but the main thing right now (and for all ACC schools) is killing the GoR.

Crap. I hate being objective. But...

Large UNC is very, very attractive. Flagship school of the largest state that isn't associated with the SEC or B1G. Legitimate national brand, Michael Jordan affiliation, large and loyal alumni base, large 3rd party fan base, great licensing revenue, fantastic academics, large athletic budget, geographically perfect for BOTH the SEC and B1G, and a lot more. If I were a conference commissioner I would probably (pains me to say this) have them as my #1 choice out of the ACC. You have to think longterm, and UNC is a place where the TV money would not go wasted. Whichever of the two conferences does NOT get UNC is going to suffer for it.

Virginia is being underrated in all this too. Another school with a high ceiling, good recruiting location (imagine UVA in the B1G or SEC recruiting the DMV), incredible academics, location, alumni, power-brokers, flagship of a major state, where newfound money could really launch them.

Both UNC and UVA have good sized stadiums (55k-65k iirc) that can easily be expanded further with the P2 TV riches.

Miami has a LOT going for it, and I expect us to land well. But we are still a small, private city school with a small AD, a lack of stadium security, and that is very different than the typical SEC or B1G school. We will be taken "in spite of" a few things.

Advertisement
Crap. I hate being objective. But...

Large UNC is very, very attractive. Flagship school of the largest state that isn't associated with the SEC or B1G. Legitimate national brand, Michael Jordan affiliation, large and loyal alumni base, large 3rd party fan base, great licensing revenue, fantastic academics, large athletic budget, geographically perfect for BOTH the SEC and B1G, and a lot more. If I were a conference commissioner I would probably (pains me to say this) have them as my #1 choice out of the ACC. You have to think longterm, and UNC is a place where the TV money would not go wasted. Whichever of the two conferences does NOT get UNC is going to suffer for it.

Virginia is being underrated in all this too. Another school with a high ceiling, good recruiting location (imagine UVA in the B1G or SEC recruiting the DMV), incredible academics, location, alumni, power-brokers, flagship of a major state, where newfound money could really launch them.

Both UNC and UVA have good sized stadiums (55k-65k iirc) that can easily be expanded further with the P2 TV riches.

Miami has a LOT going for it, and I expect us to land well. But we are still a small, private city school with a small AD, a lack of stadium security, and that is very different than the typical SEC or B1G school. We will be taken "in spite of" a few things.
I think I agree with you about UNC but not UVA.

I think I agree with you about UNC but not UVA.

UVA is surely below UNC and possibly others, I am just saying UVA is being undervalued in these conversations for the reasons I listed. UVA is a "fit" as a flagship public state school, and for all the reasons I listed. It also becomes arguably the best academic school in either conference the moment they join. Certainly top 2.

Let me put it this way, because it's really a binary conversation, right? In or out? Schools like Syracuse, NC ST, Wake, BC, L'ville, GT and more are ****ting bricks right now. I would bet my hard earned money on UVA landing in one of the P2 eventually.

If the SEC move is actually true and imminent, and the AD was working on a Clemson move well before coming here, and Miami has been working on an ACC buyout for a while..

Then what if everything that’s has happened was all about the move to the SEC. Is the move to the SEC really something that is just now coming together “faster than anyone thought”? Were they surprised at the other conference moves or did the powers that be know this was plan?

Bringing on Mario for 8M, highest paid top assistants, NIL money infusion, huge investments in facilities, getting one of the top ADs in College football, Zo… all to prep for the huge move to the SEC where all the investment will pay off 10 fold.

Makes you wonder if the SEC made an offer before Mario was even hired… (maybe USC knew too before making similar moves and poaching Riley…)

Advertisement
If the SEC move is actually true and imminent, and the AD was working on a Clemson move well before coming here, and Miami has been working on an ACC buyout for a while..

Then what if everything that’s has happened was all about the move to the SEC. Is the move to the SEC really something that is just now coming together “faster than anyone thought”? Were they surprised at the other conference moves or did the powers that be know this was plan?

Bringing on Mario for 8M, highest paid top assistants, NIL money infusion, huge investments in facilities, getting one of the top ADs in College football, Zo… all to prep for the huge move to the SEC where all the investment will pay off 10 fold.

Makes you wonder if the SEC made an offer before Mario was even hired… (maybe USC knew too before making similar moves and poaching Riley…)
I think Texas and OU sent shock waves to College Football. Clemson and Miami haven't been too happy with the ACC for many reasons but above all $. The writing was on the wall. Kudos to President Frenk for listening to the right people and surrounding him with those who were willing to step up and save this program.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN wanted a super SEC, though. College Football is about to be a lot of fun.

Seriously doubt it.

Advertisement
I have missed like the last 20 pages of this, has there been any actual sourced news?

Or are we still just speculating and putting forth our own personal preferences of conference membership?

Advertisement
So is FSU.

The World News rankings don't fully address academic standing and takes into account numerous non-academic factors. It's used mostly for bragging rights. This has been discussed numerous times on this board. @TheOriginalCane or @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can opine at this better than I can.
I would not put FSU on UM's level just yet. Even if the News puts them there.

Advertisement
Back