MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This is the same exact argument that was made when the treasure troll sold us to the ACC for big money.

As we all know, that was a giant disaster, as we’ve never won the conference, and have gotten screwed over by the refs in every sport (but specially football), on a yearly basis.

These ***kers will do anything in their power to keep us down once we’re in their conference. They cannot allow Mario and Miami to flourish, for that would mean the end of the reign for the $EC blue bloods, and they will not allow that. Those ***kers eat, breathe, and sleep football, and the good ole boy network would sell their children to satan if it means that they’ll hoist the trophy at the end of each season.
lookout watching GIF by Republic Records

Advertisement
Well, the Big 10 was content to play the PAC 12 in the Rose Bowl in LA every year, so who knows. Wait a minute, with the Big 10 taking away USC and UCLA, the Rose Bowl is pretty much dead as the PAC 10 is on life support. This Las Vegas Bowl game (a Desert Rose Bowl if you will), could take its place as a New Year's 6 game.

Have the PAC 10 and ACC combine to sign one big TV deal to cover both conferences. This could actually work if ND would agree to join the "alliance". The ACC could have its 15 teams (with ND) and the PAC 10 add 5 of the best Big 12 teams (say Okla St., BYU, Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech). Each conference plays an 8 game schedule with 2 games against the other conference (let ND play Stanford every year if they want). 30 teams all across the country. Still play 2 separate conference championship games so that money is split as well.

It could be interesting. Extremely doubtful, but then again, who thought USC and UCLA in the Big 10?
No

There are certain schools that should never have been allowed out of Div 2 or Div 1AA. I’m not concerned about them.

Advertisement
I understand that, but what does that have to do with the situation we are in. What's worse? We join the sec or stay where we are at. We are hating on the conference that can save us and with that money UM would be unstoppable
Swofford screwed the acc before he left and he knew it. Officiating has been rigged and schedules have been made easier for a team from ACC to get to playoffs. One specific team. It's time to get in a conference that has some direction

Advertisement
Well, the Big 10 was content to play the PAC 12 in the Rose Bowl in LA every year, so who knows. Wait a minute, with the Big 10 taking away USC and UCLA, the Rose Bowl is pretty much dead as the PAC 10 is on life support. This Las Vegas Bowl game (a Desert Rose Bowl if you will), could take its place as a New Year's 6 game.

Have the PAC 10 and ACC combine to sign one big TV deal to cover both conferences. This could actually work if ND would agree to join the "alliance". The ACC could have its 15 teams (with ND) and the PAC 10 add 5 of the best Big 12 teams (say Okla St., BYU, Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech). Each conference plays an 8 game schedule with 2 games against the other conference (let ND play Stanford every year if they want). 30 teams all across the country. Still play 2 separate conference championship games so that money is split as well.

It could be interesting. Extremely doubtful, but then again, who thought USC and UCLA in the Big 10?
Is this Blake James burner account? What the **** is this nonsense? Why on earth are you scrambling to find ways to stay in an awful Basketball conference when two big boy football conferences are being formed?

Advertisement
Yup. It’s probably done or will be. I agree. I don’t think UiF, UGA and SC can stop this train given current dynamics and if they’re going to lose they’d be stupid to vote that way for PR purposes, though in the case of the gator… lol

Also, if you think about it, the power dynamics are changing as the SEC gets bigger. This is what has happened in the SEC just in the time since I started college:

1966-1991 - 10-team SEC - 4 states with 1 school only, 3 states with 2 schools each (AL, MS, TN, and let's not act like Vandy has a lot of power)
1991 - 12-team SEC - 6 states with 1 school only, 3 states with 2 schools each
2012 - 14-team SEC - 8 states with 1 school only, 3 states with 2 schools each
2025 so far - 16-team SEC - 9 states with 1 school only, 4 states with 2 schools each (AL, MS, TN, TX)

Until now, Florida has resisted UM/F$U because they did not want to lose pre-eminence in the SEC. In the 1980s, Texas was the 3rd largest state and Florida was the 7th largest state (by population), and now those states are #2 and #3. So there are demographic reasons for having multiple SEC teams in FL and TX (and if the SEC could get rid of Vandy, I think they would).

At the same time, the SEC has grown and Florida has made allies that will help them to neutralize any possible political/power combo of UM/F$U, which might have been harder to do in 1991.

And we should also realize that Florida has been cycling through Presidents, and Foley is no longer ruling the Athletic Department with an iron fist. So maybe the UM/FSU hate has subsided a bit in Hogtown administrative circles, at least enough to allow us to squeeze in.

Let assume both Big Ten/SEC both stop at 24 teams piece. What happens to other 70 somthing teams, bowl games, ncaa tournament?
Our both conference just playing 12 game conference schedule. How does that effect the school like fiu, fau, cookman and famu??
In that scenario, no one would care what the 70 would do or what effect it would have on those teams.

Advertisement
This is the same exact argument that was made when the treasure troll sold us to the ACC for big money.

As we all know, that was a giant disaster, as we’ve never won the conference, and have gotten screwed over by the refs in every sport (but specially football), on a yearly basis.

These ***kers will do anything in their power to keep us down once we’re in their conference. They cannot allow Mario and Miami to flourish, for that would mean the end of the reign for the $EC blue bloods, and they will not allow that. Those ***kers eat, breathe, and sleep football, and the good ole boy network would sell their children to satan if it means that they’ll hoist the trophy at the end of each season.

I'm tired of the irrational attacks on Shalala.

What were our options? HONESTLY?

The Big East was garbage, particularly on the money side. The ACC money was fantastic, and we have not "never won the conference" because of the refs. Plus, we've won the conference in basketball and baseball, so it's obvious that we have a FOOTBALL problem, not an "ACC" or an "ACC refs" problem.

The SEC was not going to take UM in the 2000s. The Big 10 was not going to take UM in the 2000s. And I have been predicting the demise of the Big 12 since the 2000s, because their business model (overreliance on Texas) was insane.

So please stop with "the treasure troll sold us to the ACC for big money" stuff. It was the best possible move at the time. SERIOUSLY, what were our alternatives? I'm really curious here.

This move to the SEC is going to be glorious IMO. I get that people feel we won’t get a fair shake, but when has that ever been the case. We’ve always been screwed by the officiating whether in the big east or acc. Huge OOC game you bet your *** we got the short end of the stick. If for nothing else the fact the gates won’t be able to duck us entirely is a good reason to move to the SEC. I do think uf will do everything in their power to get placed in a different division.

Do you really believe we haven't won the ACC Championship because we got some sort of targeted "Tobacco Road ******** Over?" I'd say it had a helluva lot more to do with our coaches, schemes, resources and players.

Advertisement
Back