MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

money-spaceballs.gif

Advertisement
I keep seeing this said but do you guy's really think recruit families calculate road game travel high on their list of priorities now? With NIL money they can pretty much travel first class if they're not already buying second residences in whatever town their kid commits to for home game lodging.

Not even the smaller sports but hoops and baseball are absolutely a different story though on a few different fronts. I'm really only looking at this through a football prism right now though....although I still reserve the right to call from Gino DiMare's firing.
Yeah, I’d prefer B1G overall with the exception of beisbol. There are too many easy weekends in B1G. The country club atmosphere that permeates the beisbol pro’grum would quickly get excised after a season embarrassing sweeps, etc. Gino can’t handle the competition in the redneck conference.

Vandy is so far ahead they barely count. Then you would have Texas and 3rd would be a tie among UF, UM, and GA.
Agree with Vandy. Old school. In the last 20 years UF, UM, TX are the next group. When did TX and GA make a jump? UF and FSU made a jump too. The new USNWR ranking is kind of suspect.

Advertisement
I agree with the callout on them crafting rules but it wouldn't be to neuter any of the new members. I do fully expect SEC and B1G to eventually take over as the governing body (for football) over teams in their conference essentially foregoing any influence the NCAA has. This would include things around NIL, transfer portal, scholarship limits, coaching limits, etc.

If and when that happens I think you'll see some AD's with greater influence than others. So does Bama have a larger influence compared to FSU? Absolutely. But they're not going to go out there and implement a rule just to spite Miami.

But they would do something like increasing scholarship limits so the Bama's of the world can fill the roster with elite talent. Or increase the limitations on number of coaches so teams can add a coach or two to their staffs.
Gio, I rose my hand earlier in this thread with hesitation about this particular variable of going to the SEC, so I'll chime in. Im honestly not so sure they wouldnt do something to spite Miami. We will be 2nd class citizens. I just dont trust these cokk sucking old SEC admins and the thought of getting into bed with them and the likes of Saban makes my skin crawl. Something I'll just have to get over.

So what can they do? I dont know. Ive been trying to focus on work today so I havent honestly thought it through :ROFLMAO:. @Cryptical Envelopment you probably have some thoughts/knowledge on this.

They will put us where they want in terms of divisions to start. They can certainly rig the schedule to make it a harder path to the playoffs. Do they have any control of times of the games or where the bye week sits? Will they tweak rules on recruiting visits, in-house visits, dead periods, NIL, whatever....while any changes would be for every team, certainly some changes can affect 1 team more than another as we all have certain advantages and disadvantages. Its not stuff that would neuter us, but I have this bad feeling they are going to create a harder path.

Now by no means would we get a welcome the the B1G hand job. But I do feel we would get a fairer shake and more of a voice/seat at the table.

Either way, I'll be happy to get out of the ACC. Its a $hitty deal...our brand should be getting much more revenue from our conference. There are great matchups to gain from both conferences. Certainly advantages to the SEC. The ACC Network sucks donkey balls. Cant wait until we get broadcast on an actual professional network with better coverage/announcers. The timing of our investment/new leadership/turnaround and ascent back to the top couldnt have been better for a conference switch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would not have saved it. And you can't force a school do something they don't want to. Notre Dame had zero intentions of leaving their lucrative NBC contract.
Then the ACC shouldn't have allowed them to participate in football that season. Plain and simple. ACC wasted it's leverage. Maybe it wouldn't save the conference in the long run, but definitely would've helped.

Advertisement
I do think we need to draw a line in the sand that there is no SEC chant and align on Let’s Go Canes!

I’ve heard fans chant ACC in response to SEC…

No more! It’s our time!

Yeah, but I put the "ACC" chant firmly in the parody category.

It was a winning legal strategy for 2Live Crew when they sampled "Pretty Woman"...

Advertisement
Back