MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
SEC South
Miami
FSU
Florida
South Carolina
Georgia

SEC North
Tennesee
Kentucky
Clemson
Vanderbilt
Va Tech

SEC Midwest
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Mizzou

SEC West
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi
LSU

Can you imagine that conf??

Advertisement
I agree geographically, but my concern with the SEC is them creating some bull**** rule that effectively would neuter Ruiz and his band of mystery NIL boosters.

Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma would be in the same boat as there not the original set of members. This is an arms race against the B1G. Why would handcuff one of their biggest markets teams?

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, Gary Ferman…

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

This makes no sense for Oregon and Washington assuming the B1G smoke for them is real.

The others don’t have choice.
Probably has more to do with geography than anything...

If the Pac-12 is going to be dismantled Oregon/UW is better off having to play in the Southwest than having to travel all the way to B1G country in the Midwest or even worse having to go all the way down South for the SEC.

Probably has more to do with geography than anything...

If the Pac-12 is going to be dismantled Oregon/UW is better off having to play in the Southwest than having to travel all the way to B1G country in the Midwest or even worse having to go all the way down South for the SEC.

I don't know, for an extra $75M a year and relevancy the flight can stay in the air for another 90 minutes.

Advertisement
@OrangeBowlMagic my disdain for the SEC clouds my judgment...

What the **** is going to happen if we end up in that God forsaken conference?

Thanks a lot ACC, you’re making us have to go play in the Confederacy because yall couldn’t stop gerrymandering for Duke & UNC Basketball, Tobacco Road literally ruined this conference from the inside...

Miami in the SEC just feels dirty smh, this sh*t ain’t right fam, just thinking about it smh...

Hold on I think I’m gonna be sick 🤢

gagging-gif-21.gif
I'd much rather go to the B1G - geography has zero meaning with these conference shake ups and those match ups are far more appealing.

If we're tied at the hip with Clemson though we'll be going to the SEC, which is a crying shame. The B1G having a Florida team would be huge for them - they'd be coast to coast.

I don't know, for an extra $75M a year and relevancy the flight can stay in the air for another 90 minutes.
From an administrative standpoint absolutely...

But from a players & coaches perspective, that kind of travel would be absolutely brutal on you & would give you a huge disadvantage in Road games.

Traveling that far for one OOC game is feasible, but having to do it for 6 games a year is really rough.

Advertisement
I'd much rather go to the B1G - geography has zero meaning with these conference shake ups and those match ups are far more appealing.

If we're tied at the hip with Clemson though we'll be going to the SEC, which is a crying shame. The B1G having a Florida team would be huge for them - they'd be coast to coast.

I know. That’s most likely our best bargaining chip with the SEC. I’m sorry I’m going to have to disagree with geography having zero meaning. This move is mostly about football, but not all of it. There’s other sports that makes all that traveling a nightmare. In addition, you’re abandoning your recruiting base as those parents and fans are not able to more easily travel to games. As I mentioned earlier people need to stop with the fit cultural bull****.

I actually wouldn’t mind staying in the ACC if it we could simply rework a new TV deal, but it appears that ship has sailed & this conference is on it’s Deathbed.

I’d like to go to the Big XII, but that’s mainly just based on how much I hate the SEC & the idea of being the top dog in that conference with Texas & Oklahoma leaving, we’d be by far the best team in that conference.

But from a financial standpoint the SEC & B1G make the most sense.
I also think joining the SEC can help expand the athletic department as well. I could be wrong but I’m almost positive the whole SEC has softball. Miami definitely needs to jump into that with how fast that sport is growing nationally from an interest perspective. I’m not sure how much revenue the other sports make but living in GA I see every SEC sport on year round. The bigger athletic picture makes more sense with the SEC imo.

Advertisement
Back