MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

We couldn’t ask for a better group to guide us through this mess; Mario, Rad, and Alonzo. One way or the other, our exit is inevitable. When all is said and done I think we end up in the Big 10. The Big is a better academic and cultural fit for us, and the Gators will never let us into the SEC.
Imagine navigating through this with Blake and Lispy, WHEW we dogged a bullet on that one. They would be reaching out to the Sunbelt

Advertisement
My guess is that our Silent Partner is Clemson. Which would leave FSU holding the bag, although I would think that Miami would want to maintain that rivalry.

Clemson has to be going to the SEC, otherwise Dabo will never eat lunch in Tuscaloosa again. But logic and finances, plus the cultural fit, and the fact that this Miami leadership doesn't want to be screwed by the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa branch of the Tobacco Road Mafia points to The U headed to the B1G.

Something doesn't fit here, but that's why they pay Rad the big bucks and not me.
Clemsome and FSU, small southern towns = SEC

F**k Notre Dame for trying to block us from the B1G.

I hope our team beats them down mercilessly the next time we’re in South Bend if those ******** force us into the Seven-Up and Moonpie Conference.

Wait so now ND is the new CIS boogeyman? Because some poster on a Northwestern board who thinks the US News & World Report is a real thing and that FSU is a good school said they were blocking us? Oh geez.

F**k Notre Dame for trying to block us from the B1G.

I hope our team beats them down mercilessly the next time we’re in South Bend if those ******** force us into the Seven-Up and Moonpie Conference.
If we get boxed out ultimately….
I gotta think recruiting will go backwards bigtime.
We gotta get in one of the two and at this point…. I’d be good with whichever gives us the first opportunity (although I’d rather SEC for travel purposes).

Advertisement
IF FSU moves SEC and us to b10, FSU will play UF yearly in-conference and would then have a yearly OOC open for us... As long as they don't ***** out.

Lol, FSU most certainly will ***** out.

If we end up in the B1G or some second-tier conference of leftovers, the Noles absolutely will end the annual series.

“We want to play games in different markets. We consider South Florida in our market.” (Look up FSU AD’s parallel quote on why they didn’t want GT to be a permanent ACC opponent).

The $EC, collectively, is 100 percent gonna put the freeze on us — it won’t just be the SemenTurds.

Last edited:
Yeah there's no way that the ACC would be able to hold a gun to every program's head and keep them in the conference if they all want out. It's not just Miami, FSU, Clemson.

It's all of the other schools. UNC, Duke, NC State, Georgia Tech, Boston College, etc. They all see the writing on the wall. They know 1 of Miami, FSU, Clemson leaving is likely the end of the ACC.

So they're also planning their next steps which is likely going to Big 12, B1G, or finding a way into the SEC w/ the big programs. ACC won't be able to legally fight 8+ schools in court.

So the buyout doesn't mean much. The colleges will fight it. They will likely win in terms of a settlement. And that'll be the end of the ACC.

Advertisement
Clemson FSU to SEC. miami ND to b10

Take this now and keep it movin’ …

Academy Awards Whatever GIF

Agree to disagree.
Appreciate your points Bender, but I have to side on @RVACane on this one. The SEC bigwigs are the most corrupt scumbags. Thick as thieves that old boys club is. They dont give a **** about academics or the athletes. The one thing they care about more than money is winning in my opinion. Being able to flash that trophy in everyone's face gets them off. Even if we went to the SEC, we would never be "accepted" and treated like the red headed stepchild. I agree with RVA that they would keep us in a box somehow. They would find a way to ***** us. Whether it be with scheduling or some other passive aggressive way to put more pressure on us than their core teams. It just doesnt smell right to me.

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Also we need more than half of the ACC looking to bolt and the league folds on its own and we don’t have to pay these parasites. Us, Clemson, FSU, Duke, UNC, and ND have value as athletic programs. Don’t see anyone else going on the merits, but I can see the state of NC requiring someone to drag NCST with UNC and maybe UVA and VT get big ten for Mid Atlantic tv. I wouldn’t pay the Virginia teams but whatever.

Advertisement
hard to Believe we won’t be paired with fsu.

I’d like to be in the B1G selfishly since I live in the north and they would be up here a lot more but imo it makes way more sense for us to join SEC geographically for all sports and because it’s who we recruit against

If we can, behind closed doors, convince enough teams to bolt from the ACC, the conference would implode and we wouldn’t have to pay that exorbitant GOA fee.
I posted this in another thread, but even if we had to pay the $300MM+ to get out of the ACC, it would be worth it financially. If UHealth is really making $500MM then the money should be there. If the B1G and SEC keep adding premier schools then their new TV deals will be worth $100MM+. We’d end up making 3X the cost of exiting the ACC by 2035.

Advertisement
I know there were rumors about B1G but SEC makes way more sense logistically and financially. Especially since that’s where FSU and Clemson want to go and I’d imagine we are linked with those two

Advertisement
Back