MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I am sure Rad’s relationship with Clemson is probably the reason why we are oddly linked with Clemson during this movement. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rad was already looking to leave the ACC at Clemson. Now, with the rise and commitment to Football at Miami, why not leverage Clemson for negotiations?
yes. And the AD at Clemson now is a guy who worked for him for years. His protege of sorts.

As a fan with no control over any of this I’m excited for 3 things…
1- staying relevant in CFB
2- close road games for me and lots of **** talking with friends if we join the B1G
3- going to some really cool stadiums/tailgates if we join the SEC

I trust Rad, Mario and Zo to take care of us.

Although I think FSU is a better fit for the SEC than we are, I’d be happy to have them with us in the B1G. It’s better for us to have that rivalry continue.
I don't see FSU as an academic fit for the B10. If that remains one of the protocols I'd be surprised to see FSU part of a B10 package.

I do think Miami is a much better fit for the B10 than the SEC as far as that goes...

Advertisement
While I agree that the B1G is the right fit, there's something else to consider. All of the B1G schools, with the exception of Nebraska, are part of this academic association - the AAU (https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members) - and Nebraska was a member when they were admitted. USC and UCLA are both currently members. Academic "prestige" seems to be a big deal for this conference.

Miami and Clemson are a pair wherever they go . Also I posted other day something will likely be announced in the upcoming months. I could also see the move happening fast, as early as 24-25.
Wow! Thanks for the intel. If you were to state hypothetically in an open fórum which future conference, who would it be in your opinion?

Interesting that the sourcing of this is via a 247 message board for Minnesota, but as they say boosters talk. This has been discussed on the Miami boards, with "the move" having been considered a priority of Dan Radakovich's since he came over from Clemson. We aren't said to be considering this alone...

While I agree that the B1G is the right fit, there's something else to consider. All of the B1G schools, with the exception of Nebraska, are part of this academic association - the AAU (https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members) - and Nebraska was a member when they were admitted. USC and UCLA are both currently members. Academic "prestige" seems to be a big deal for this conference.
NotreDame is not a member of the AAU as well, right? I’m sure they will let them in even not being a member. Maybe that opens the door for us (if needed and not getting in SEC).

Advertisement
I don't see FSU as an academic fit for the B10. If that remains one of the protocols I'd be surprised to see FSU part of a B10 package.

I do think Miami is a much better fit for the B10 than the SEC as far as that goes...
Well is we are pairing with Clemson as Cribby alludes to above, Clemson is not an academic fit for the Big 10 either.

Advertisement

Fsu is as highly ranked as Miami lately as amazing as that may sound

Notre dame isn’t….

Advertisement
NotreDame is not a member of the AAU as well, right? I’m sure they will let them in even not being a member. Maybe that opens the door for us (if needed and not getting in SEC).
You are correct and agree that they will certainly let them in. Issue is that ND is seen as more of a "national" brand with a much larger following than Miami.

As a Northwestern grad I follow the NU boards too. There's a poster there who is close to the B1G dealings/negotiations.
He had some things to say regarding the role of academics (AAU), and also that ND is trying to block Miami out.

I just wish Swafford were still the ACC Commish when we bolt.

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
Back