MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

My hope: Miami, ND, Oregon and Washington to the BiG / Clemson and FSU to the SEC in 2024 or 2025. Gives us 2-3 more years to beat down FSU before we split.

Let’s face it, the two schools (Miami and FSU) are on divergent paths both in the classroom and on the field. And I wouldn’t mind rekindling the rivalry with the Domers whom I loathe.

Advertisement
I know we hate on FSU, but I really can't see them not being a priority add. I mean FSU brings more to the table athletically than UCLA imo and I don't even think it's really up for debate tbh. At the minimum they are even - and the B10 just went out and got them, even if one of the reasons was being a "travel buddy" - you could do the same with Miami + FSU if they went B10... I really wouldn't be worried about not playing FSU though. Think of it like this if FSU joined the SEC, they'd play UF yearly in conference, and then could play us OOC yearly. And if They go B10, we'd 100% get them as a rival, and they'd still play UF yearly OOC...

Like (in no order) Oregon, Washington, Miami, Clemson, FSU, ND, UNC imo are the clear cut top available.

Then it's like VTech, Duke, Stanford, Utah, and like TCU, Texas Tech, WVU, and Oklahoma State out of the B12..

After that you're talking the UVAs, Louisvilles, ASU, GTech, Pitt, Cal, NCState.

But some of those schools likely are only desirable to one conference - like Stanford/Cal to the B10 possibly just so they can solidify their Academics + California media market. And like UVA, Duke, and UNC are probably pretty desirable as a package together.

My hope: Miami, ND, Oregon and Washington to the BiG / Clemson and FSU to the SEC in 2024 or 2025. Gives us 2-3 more years to beat down FSU before we split.

Let’s face it, the two schools (Miami and FSU) are on divergent paths both in the classroom and on the field. And I wouldn’t mind rekindling the rivalry with the Domers whom I loathe.
IF FSU moves SEC and us to b10, FSU will play UF yearly in-conference and would then have a yearly OOC open for us... As long as they don't ***** out.

This is theoretical, but we don’t need to collapse the league by actually leaving, we just need to create instability by announcing that we are. That instability will inevitably result in other schools jumping ship as well, which moves us closer to 1) Getting out of the GR entirely by the conference collapsing (unlikely, IMO) or 2) having multiple other schools who leave and are thus willing and able to negotiate down the GR as a bloc (much more feasible). We announce that we’re leaving and the conference will implode, albeit over the next year or two.

To the original question, once the ACC is dissolved or greatly diminished in negotiating power, we either pay a lesser fee or none at all. Once the conference is defunct, who would we pay?

I recognize that everything I just said was delivered in the coldest, most clinical terms possible. I reiterate that I hate all of this, but nonetheless that’s the path forward.
Yeah preferably would be making our Exit fee a one time payment, and the GOR deal a yearly payment - so that if the conference does cease to exist we're not out that lump sum...

We saw how it was under Tobacco Road Rule. The SEC will be even worse to us and more biased. These confederate schools would love to lock us down. People think stuff like us getting Mauigoa today or Wayne possibly in a week will make these guys want to help us beat Alabama, UGA, UF, Tennessee, LSU… any of them… even more???

**** no. They’ll set up rules we have to follow that take away our advantages in favor of the good ole boys. We’d be walking into an ambush.
I dont agree with this. We are not Vanderbilt.

Everyone knows one rule: If Miami plays well, people will tune in. There is no advantage for the SEC to clamp down on us and they would leave money on the table and TV ratings on the table if they would let Miami have a ****** time.

If anything, they would want Miami to be competitive and play in the big games because Miami guarantees big ratings when they are ranked and play well.

Advertisement
I dont agree with this. We are not Vanderbilt.

Everyone knows one rule: If Miami plays well, people will tune in. There is no advantage for the SEC to clamp down on us and they would leave money on the table and TV ratings on the table if they would let Miami have a ****** time.

If anything, they would want Miami to be competitive and play in the big games because Miami guarantees big ratings when they are ranked and play well.
I don’t agree. They think about themselves first. The gator doesn’t want us there to begin with and the other sharks would neuter us as best they could to level things back in their favor. It’s a trap.

I don’t agree. They think about themselves first. The gator doesn’t want us there to begin with and they other sharks would neuter us as best they could to level things back in their favor. It’s a trap.
Well, they leave money on the table for themselves if they invite a team to make them bad on purpose.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t we pair with Clemson, they are the ACCs darling right now so if they are gone this **** is definitely sinking

They won’t leave money on the table. They’ll make us their whipping boy and boost their own strengths. It’ll still be SEC. They’ll keep us in the middle of the pack
They do. If they make teams uncompetitve on purpose, less people will tune in and watch.

I understand the SEC PTSD, but no conference has interest in uncompetitve teams who cannot make money.

They do. If they make teams uncompetitve on purpose, less people will tune in and watch.

I understand the SEC PTSD, but no conference has interest in uncompetitve teams who cannot make money.
They’ll make plenty of money with us there in the pack recruiting better than Manny but not quite like we are now. We’re taking what they think is rightfully theirs. They don’t want us running their pack.

They’ll make plenty of money with us there in the pack recruiting better than Manny but not quite like we are now. We’re taking what they think is rightfully theirs. They don’t want us running their pack.
They wont if we aren't any good. And I dont believe Dan to be this stupid if its an ambush in the first place.

Advertisement
They wont if we aren't any good. And I dont believe Dan to be this stupid if its an ambush in the first place.
We’ll be plenty good for them to make money. We’ll compete with the pack. They are not going to like us re-asserting control over the SFL talent base to their demise. No way. If we have an NIL advantage, they will seek to limit it through rules and then we’ll be stuck in the box they fit us in.

And as for Dan - I think he knows absolutely what they’re about. We will see how he handles it including where we go.

We’ll be plenty good for them to make money. We’ll compete with the pack. They are not going to like us re-asserting control over the SFL talent base to their demise. No way. If we have an NIL advantage, they will seek to limit it through rules and then we’ll be stuck in the box they fit us in.

And as for Dan - I think he knows absolutely what they’re about. We will see how he handles it including where we go.
Agree to disagree.

Would be a pretty good fit in a lot of ways for the SEC.

Used to work with a girl who worked in the Athletic Department of WVU when they made their presentation to the SEC. They ALMOST convinced the SEC to take them, they had some very strong numbers and demographics.

VaTech is a cleaner version of WVU, in a bigger and better and wealthier state.

That’s odd to me. How can wvu have incredibly strong numbers and demos?

Advertisement
The conferences are likely looking at the programs like you would Time Value of Money. They are trying to forecast teams and media markets over a much longer time period. I have to think Miami/Florida is attractive in many ways. Clemson being the darling today has weight, but what does this look like in 10 or 20 years.

IF FSU moves SEC and us to b10, FSU will play UF yearly in-conference and would then have a yearly OOC open for us... As long as they don't ***** out.
My guess is this is exactly how it would play out. No way does either team want to lose the rivalry game. We are on our way back and FSU will get it figured out eventually once Norvell fails again and they realize they have to make the same kind of investment that Miami is making.

Miami and Clemson are a pair wherever they go . Also I posted other day something will likely be announced in the upcoming months. I could also see the move happening fast, as early as 24-25.
Are you hearing anything on what happens to FSU? Do they come along with another +1?

Advertisement
Back