MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I am wondering if the SEC may want to add Miami (and fsu) as a way to block the B1G from getting into the state of Florida? Like, they would do it to prevent the B1G from the TV market. If the SEC keeps Miami (and say FSU) out, the B1G would then have a chance to scoop up and reside in Florida. And with Miami it’s south Florida where the heavy population is.
I personally feel Miami has more to offer than FSU with Miami’s physical location as compared to Tallahassee.

Advertisement
My preference is B1G because I'd like UM to give Ohio State an annual reminder that they stole our championship. But money talks. Looks like the SEC will be paying out around 10 mil per year more by 2029.

Navigate-projections.png

Advertisement
I wonder how much extra juice joining the SEC would give us in recruiting. Small difference or would a lot of recruits who like UM but want to play in a better conference want in?
We couldn't EVEN make it in the ACC. I just don't GET IT. WE Will PLAY against TOUGH TEAMS. is the big east still around ha ha ha

Last edited:
Was surprised this wasn’t posted here already:

EDIT: Sharing the only two pieces of good legit info credibly shared in this thread to save people from madness:

-Announcement of UM and Clemson leaving the ACC to take place before season start, with the actual date of departure in the next 2-3 years. SEC is likely target.

E2FC18FE-59EB-4B9F-A374-AA4B2A982712.gif

-curtesy Baba Yaga

Last edited:
We couldn’t ask for a better group to guide us through this mess; Mario, Rad, and Alonzo. One way or the other, our exit is inevitable. When all is said and done I think we end up in the Big 10. The Big is a better academic and cultural fit for us, and the Gators will never let us into the SEC.

Advertisement
My guess is that our Silent Partner is Clemson. Which would leave FSU holding the bag, although I would think that Miami would want to maintain that rivalry.

Clemson has to be going to the SEC, otherwise Dabo will never eat lunch in Tuscaloosa again. But logic and finances, plus the cultural fit, and the fact that this Miami leadership doesn't want to be screwed by the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa branch of the Tobacco Road Mafia points to The U headed to the B1G.

Something doesn't fit here, but that's why they pay Rad the big bucks and not me.

My guess is that our Silent Partner is Clemson. Which would leave FSU holding the bag, although I would think that Miami would want to maintain that rivalry.

Clemson has to be going to the SEC, otherwise Dabo will never eat lunch in Tuscaloosa again. But logic and finances, plus the cultural fit, and the fact that this Miami leadership doesn't want to be screwed by the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa branch of the Tobacco Road Mafia points to The U headed to the B1G.

Something doesn't fit here, but that's why they pay Rad the big bucks and not me.
**** “ding ding ding” you just won the big stuffed animal prize. I don’t know the why, but yes Clemson is our plus one. What I’ve been hearing

Advertisement
**** “ding ding ding” you just won the big stuffed animal prize. I don’t know the why, but yes Clemson is our plus one. What I’ve been hearing
Would be a monster move. It’s also savage to leave FSU in the dust. And while I’d hate to lose that rivalry, we need to take care of ourselves before anyone else. CFB is turning into an even more cutthroat business than I ever imagined.

Advertisement
Would be a monster move. It’s also savage to leave FSU in the dust. And while I’d hate to lose that rivalry, we need to take care of ourselves before anyone else. CFB is turning into an even more cutthroat business than I ever imagined.
The sport will never be the same, but what can you do at this point. Everything is being boiled down until only the purest, money-making product remains. No nuance, no rough edges, just pure extract. It omega sucks in my heart, but this is now the game and we have to play by these rules. I’ve never felt so cynical about something I’ve loved so long.

My dad would be rolling over in his grave if he saw all of this happening.

I am sure Rad’s relationship with Clemson is probably the reason why we are oddly linked with Clemson during this movement. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rad was already looking to leave the ACC at Clemson. Now, with the rise and commitment to Football at Miami, why not leverage Clemson for negotiations?

Advertisement
Back