MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
It's time for us to split with FSU. Them and Clemson are better off going to the SEC. UF plays them annually so they won't be that much against it and they are inbreds together. We should call up ND and go BIG. Btw ND would be dumb joining the ACC. Horrible contract.

Yep. Hadn't read that before, but he nails it. 100%. Biggest takeaway for me was this:

"Looking through the prism of business, it’s about fulfilling its real value"

That's it. Like the fossil said above, college football is ruined, thanks NIL supporters or whatever. Comical. This was always going to be the endgame for the exact reason Tess said. College football is the #2 sport in the country, period. And it was operating under this ridiculous sham of "amateurism". Welp, eventually the TV money got so massive that they couldn't even pretend that it was anything other than professional sports. And here we are.

OBM, I know Joe well because of boxing, I consider him a friend. And when Colorado and Utah joined the Pac10 about a decade ago, he told me that there would be a seismic shift coming in college football, that that was just the tip of the iceberg

He's very connected and loves college football(as much as he loves boxing), and he's very intelligent about this stuff

I can't lie, I had no idea this change would be to this degree...

I think USC and UCLA going to the Big are much bigger impact moves than OU and Texas going to the SEC. They were neck and neck in revenue. The BIG just went east to west.

Now I think their next chess move is to add Miami, Oregon, Washington, maybe ND. They will cover the country from all 4 points of the compass. How teams get out of the ACC deal is the big question.

Advertisement
I’m 100% sure that you don’t know what the **** you’re talking about you’re acting like all the schools are going to try to stay in the dying carcass of a conference as opposed to voting it out of existence
Okay if so don’t know what im talking about tell me this. How are you going to convince Duke, Wake Forrest, Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse, and Ga Tech to burn down the agreement and open the flood gates for FSU, Miami and Clemson to leave?

Riddle me that. The agreement was put into place so that the conference would stay together. Big time programs have options but most of the conference is fawked the big dogs leave. That $30M ACC **** yearly deal will fall to nickels and pennies. So since you have the answers and I don’t know what I’m talking about. The floor is yours why should the lower tier teams abolish the deal? I’ll be patiently waiting for your response.

Okay if so don’t know what im talking about tell me this. How are you going to convince Duke, Wake Forrest, Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse, and Ga Tech to burn down the agreement and open the flood gates for FSU, Miami and Clemson to leave?

Riddle me that. The agreement was put into place so that the conference would stay together. Big time programs have options but most of the conference is fawked the big dogs leave. That $30M ACC **** yearly deal will fall to nickels and pennies. So since you have the answers and I don’t know what I’m talking about. The floor is yours why should the lower tier teams abolish the deal? I’ll be patiently waiting for your response.
Maybe they refuse to play and force a negotiation. Not sure how viable that is. I think maybe a 3rd choice is there. What if all the remainder of the PAC and Big 12 combine with the ACC and make a **** near 24 or 30 team league. What kinda money could that bring? It would cover way more Geography than the SEC even.

Maybe they refuse to play and force a negotiation. Not sure how viable that is. I think maybe a 3rd choice is there. What if all the remainder of the PAC and Big 12 combine with the ACC and make a **** near 24 or 30 team league. What kinda money could that bring? It would cover way more Geography than the SEC even.
I have no idea. It’s all about major market television sets which is why the Big 10 took Rutgers and USC/UCLA.

There are some quality programs going to be left for dead. ND is really the key for us. If they join they could be the power to force ESPN’s hand in renegotiating the deal.

As an aside, I take it the Big 10, PAC 12, and ACC alliance is done or does the next meeting look like this?

1656654933592.png

Seriously, these conference administrators are like mob bosses with the backstabbing going on out there.

Advertisement
I hate all the new conference realignment feel like it’s gonna ruin college football with just 2 major conferences and this game we love so much will turn into the nfl like when the AFL and NFL combined just now SEC and BIG

Google "unbreakable contract". There are no results.
Not even close to a lawyer, but from my perspective:

Wouldn't it ultimately just comes down to how much the ACC's revenue ACTUALLY gets affected by us or another school leaving? think they'd only be entitled to exit fee + what the school leaving cost them. Doubt a court would find the ACC is entitled to any increase in media revenue that the school leaving received after exiting. So if that were the case this would all really come down to whether or not ESPN renegotiate their media contract with the ACC (they didn't last time realignment happened).

Now would ESPN renegotiate? If say the schools happened to be leaving the ACC to join their baby the SEC, would they find that to be a positive? I'd bet they would be quite happy with that arrangement. IF the schools on the other hand are leaving for the B10 and thus Fox, I could see that playing out a little different. It also probably depends how many schools leave, and ultimately if it causes a major conference collapse. Obviously if enough schools leave and the conference is dissolved no GOR is owed at all. No exit fee would be owed either.

Anyways if ESPN paid the ACC the same amount after Miami left for the SEC, I think it'd be realistic we pay the $50M exit fee, then go on and make more in the SEC than the ACC on a yearly basis (about $13M more/yr).. So exit fee is paid off after 4 years, and by the time the ACCs media contract were over, it'd be like $130M MORE in revenue by being in the SEC over the ACC. ... So basically even if the Grant of Rights affected us -$9M/yr, we'd still walk away even by 2036 when the ACC media contract ends. So would a court really decide that we effectively owed $175M to the ACC by leaving? Keeping in mind the most any School has ever paid to leave a conference is like $30M (so we'd be paying a 6x premium)...

I hate all the new conference realignment feel like it’s gonna ruin college football with just 2 major conferences and this game we love so much will turn into the nfl like when the AFL and NFL combined just now SEC and BIG
It's gonna be more of a national sport now. People don't like change and this is chaotic but I don't think it's the worse thing. Random reporters voting for a national champion. Playing cup cakes and going undefeated, yeah good riddance to be honest

Advertisement
We better be very careful. I know the mentality of the kinds of people that head the SEC and their member schools. They will make a concerted effort to squeeze Miami out to the benefit of their existing confederate members Gates, Baga and Jawga recruiting efforts. We know the Blue Bloods in conjunction with the nc2a would love nothing better than to squeeze Miami out. Our only hope would "oddly" be to hitch our buggy to ND and join the Big 10 IMO. I don't see any other way we could financially compete with the mega conferences. I hear the Big 10 about to ink a 1 Billion TV deal that will net each member school $100 per year. I want you fellas to understand that Miami is the "Minority" and will face the wrath of the Blue Bloods and nc2a.

Who knows how this all shakes out, but Miami has a competent AD now with the President on board. I think we can rest easy knowing they will make the moves needed for Miami to be in the best position possible.

We better be very careful. I know the mentality of the kinds of people that head the SEC and their member schools. They will make a concerted effort to squeeze Miami out to the benefit of their existing confederate members Gates, Baga and Jawga recruiting efforts. We know the Blue Bloods in conjunction with the nc2a would love nothing better than to squeeze Miami out. Our only hope would "oddly" be to hitch our buggy to ND and join the Big 10 IMO. I don't see any other way we could financially compete with the mega conferences. I hear the Big 10 about to ink a 1 Billion TV deal that will net each member school $100 per year. I want you fellas to understand that Miami is the "Minority" and will face the wrath of the Blue Bloods and nc2a.
I really think people underestimating this. It will be an effort to leave us behind.

Advertisement
Miami moving to either the B1G or SEC if no longer an If but a when. there is no way around this no matter how much is cost (ACC exit fees).

With USC and UCLA joining the B1G as soon as 2024 and already Texas OU moving to the SEC makes pretty much a dead man walking issue for the ACC (especially for this one with the horrible TV deal they have in place till 2036), PAC 12 and Big 12 even they were to come together it still it would be a less competitive league which will hurt them in recruiting.

I mean we are starting to see the effects of the news of UCLA and USC joining the b1G by Collins Acheampong postponing his commitment announcement! there is no way that him pushing back the announcement is a random event! Kids are going placing a greater importance in their recruiting decision making process where a school is when it comes tp this super league development which is just a few years away from becoming a reality. Plus the most influential factor being SHOW ME THE MONEY!! the money is these leagues are going to generate is just ridiculous

Folks, start saying goodbye the traditional college football model and start getting used to the semi-professional college football because is here sooner rather than later.

Thankfully with have Dan and Mario's leadership and experience to navigate these waters and keep Miami relevant.

thoughts?

Go canes

Better get your fill of Ruiz now because the SEC will do everything they can to muzzle him. There's not a chance in **** they'll let any of these new members come in and dominate. If Clemson moves over their decline will accelerate just to show they were never really as good as Bama

Why do we think what USC and UCLA did have anything to do with Collins pushing back his date?

Advertisement
Back