MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Because in case you haven't seen the thread on this, THE GAYTORS ARE GAPING ****HOLES...they are only going to want to "compete" with one other Florida-based team, max.

They can be worked out. If the SEC see’s Miami and FSU as major assets then they can convince Florida or get enough votes to take us. A&M voted Texas in.

Imagine how absolutely ****ed we would be right now if we still had blake and not Dan. Blake would have us with no seat when the music stopped.

Fail Take That GIF by Fort Wayne TinCaps

Be careful what you wish for...

I hear you and I don’t care either way just as long as we leave the ACC. At least, if we are getting treated like the red headed step child we are getting paid for it and gives our program a chance. That will happen in Big 10 or SEC.

Advertisement
He'll get roasted for that, and rightfully so. Very short-sighted and dumb hot take.
Look, we're all Cane fans so we look at things through orange and green glasses, but that is the general reputation for Miami out there. I wish I was as confident as the rest of you, but Miami brings you half of the Miami market maybe a little more. FSU and Florida take up the other half. Miami doesn't bring you Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. If you're the SEC, you MIGHT give FSU a look, but they've got Florida already. The Big 10 probably goes after FSU and hopefully Miami gets in with them, but definitely not a sure thing.

Do you really think teams in the ACC haven’t tried to leave? I’m 100% they have lawyers looking for loopholes. Let’s hope they find them because as of now we’re stuck in quick sand

What? Do you even realize what you are saying?

After the last round of defections, both the Big 12 and the ACC decided upon "poison pill" provisions. The "grant of rights". "Mutual Assured Destruction". "Nobody gets out of here alive".

And, AS IS THE HALLMARK OF THE DISASTROUS BETA BLAKE JAMES ADMINISTRATION, Miami signed on to every ****ty OVERLY LONG contract possible. ACC Grant of Rights. ACC TV deal. The adidas nightmare.

You name it, Beta Blake smiled his fake smile and said "can we DOUBLE the number of years?"

And what happened? THE BIG 12 WAS COMING TO THE END OF THEIR ORIGINAL GRANT OF RIGHTS DEAL, which is what gave Texas and Oklahoma the opening to do what they did with minimal cost (there was obviously SOME cost, but not as bad as it would have been 6 or 8 years ago).

Sooooo...once again...the ACC is not simply fvcked on general principle...no, we are fvcked BECAUSE WE WERE THE LAST POWER FIVE CONFERENCE TO THE TABLE. The last with its own TV network. The last to break free from the Jefferson Pilot/syndicated regional network TV deals. The last to figure out how to monetize all of our content.

And we made it WORSE by handcuffing ourselves together for LONGER than everyone else. By god, if every other conference's "grant of rights" expire in the 2020s, WHY IN GOD'S NAME WERE WE DOING OURS INTO THE 2030s? Even if you assume that Grant of Rights does what it is supposed to do (keep the band together during the hard times), it is absolutely insane to give yourself NO FLEXIBILITY if the entire college sports landscape CHANGES while your band of idiots are all tied up to one another.

It's not about "loopholes". There are no loopholes.

JUST THE BRASS BALLS TO SAY "FVCK YOU, TRY TO STOP ME."

And if 4 or 6 or even EIGHT teams want to leave the ACC, all of the "but you failed to read Article III, Section 6 properly" is not going to save the ACC.

Look, we're all Cane fans so we look at things through orange and green glasses, but that is the general reputation for Miami out there. I wish I was as confident as the rest of you, but Miami brings you half of the Miami market maybe a little more. FSU and Florida take up the other half. Miami doesn't bring you Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. If you're the SEC, you MIGHT give FSU a look, but they've got Florida already. The Big 10 probably goes after FSU and hopefully Miami gets in with them, but definitely not a sure thing.
It can extend beyond just fans though; could just be the actual number of viewers is large down here, or draws viewers from outside the state. College Football is very popular.

Advertisement
I think Miami (and all other schools for that matter) should sit back and see how the overcrowded SEC pans out this next season before deciding to leave the ACC. Texas and Oklahoma's move to the SEC is going to kill some programs. Only time will tell. And if any of you think that Miami moving to the SEC would be a good thing, then you are still living in the 1980s heyday. We haven't even been able to win the Coastal Division (with one exception), much less the conference championship. If Miami ever moves to the SEC we can all kiss the football program goodbye.
Tell me you’re a ***** without telling me you’re a *****

Miami, FSU, and ND to Big 10 (or whatever the conference will be called) and ***** Clemson.

Miami
OSU
ND
Michigan
Penn st
USC
Sparty
Wisconsin
FSU

It can extend beyond just fans though; could just be the actual number of viewers is large down here. College Football is very popular.
This is totally about media markets and national reputation and ratings and recruiting and then when you think about it when Miami has a real schedule all the time those games would draw then and they were going to draw now under Mario anyway

Advertisement
If we still had Blake James I would have yeeted myself into another dimension. We'd be so screwed and pretty sure some guys on here were this close to staging a coup d'tat.

Playing northwestern, Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue, and whoever the **** else they have sounds like ***.

The SEC is a no brainer move. Would love to face Florida and UGA and any other team.

We built one of the best staffs in the country. And if you can factor in the money we’d pull in through the network!?!?.

Imagine selling Miami and playing in the best league to recruits?

No brainer.

Moving to the BIG10 would be like us joining the ACC.
On one hand I understand your point of view but the other hand playing Michigan Ohio State USC Notre Dame in a couple of others would be pretty ******* awesome too

Last edited:
Advertisement
On one hair I understand your point of view but the other hand playing Michigan Ohio State USC Notre Dame in a couple of others would be pretty ******* awesome too
Yea let’s play in the snow every game too. **** that rapist conference

Except for the ACC dissolves it doesn’t ******* matter and the members can vote to dissolve it
This is the part of the ACC Constitution and Bylaws I’m looking for but haven’t tracked down. If someone finds it, please add it in.

What we’re looking for at this point is not the Grant of Rights provision, but the dissolution provision.

Burn it down!

Advertisement
Back