MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Woah. I’m guessing we would go with FSU, Clemson, and who else? VT? Louisville?

I'm not sure it would be more than us and Clemson. FSUs athletic department as a whole is a dumpster fire although the SEC TV money would be a lifeline but they don't offer much as they cover the same TV market as Florida and a piece of UGAs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OBM, Joe Tessitore told everyone what was going to happen last summer in this story:

Yep. Hadn't read that before, but he nails it. 100%. Biggest takeaway for me was this:

"Looking through the prism of business, it’s about fulfilling its real value"

That's it. Like the fossil said above, college football is ruined, thanks NIL supporters or whatever. Comical. This was always going to be the endgame for the exact reason Tess said. College football is the #2 sport in the country, period. And it was operating under this ridiculous sham of "amateurism". Welp, eventually the TV money got so massive that they couldn't even pretend that it was anything other than professional sports. And here we are.

I'm not sure it would be more than us and Clemson. FSUs athletic department ad a whole is a dumpster fire although they SEC TV money would be a lifeline but they don't offer much as they cover the same TV market as Florida and a piece of UGAs.
Interesting. I always viewed FSU as more of a cultural fit in the SEC than us. Never mind the fact that most SEC teams hate us. If we can pull off a move, it would be incredible. I’m just praying to God we don’t get left in the dust. We need to be in one of these two mega conferences, or we will become irrelevant.

It's all about market value for TV and streaming contracts. Miami is a very attractive TV market with plenty of room for growth. It's the same reason the BIG took the LA teams. We are 100% the most attractive market for BOTH conferences at this point. With our new investments in the big 3 sports and our brand strength it is no longer a favor to bring us in it's a competition IMO
I just found the bylaws for leaving the ACC. We’re fawked! Every single school in the ACC is being hung by the nuts and there’s basically nothing we can do about it. Leaving is simply not an option.

To leave the ACC there is a $52M buyout and the school forfeits all tv revenue until the end of the contract, 2036. Therefore, even if we leave for SEC or Big 10 we can’t make $1 in tv revenue until 2036.

If this deal weren’t in place FSU, Miami and Clemson would’ve been outta this ****** conference.

I just found the bylaws for leaving the ACC. We’re fawked! Every single school in the ACC is being hung by the nuts and there’s basically nothing we can do about it. Leaving is simply not an option.

To leave the ACC there is a $52M buyout and the school forfeits all tv revenue until the end of the contract, 2036. Therefore, even if we leave for SEC or Big 10 we can’t make $1 in tv revenue until 2036.

If this deal weren’t in place FSU, Miami and Clemson would’ve been outta this ****** conference.

This may be the only thing keeping the conference intact.

Advertisement
Interesting. I always viewed FSU as more of a cultural fit in the SEC than us. Never mind the fact that most SEC teams hate us. If we can pull off a move, it would be incredible. I’m just praying to God we don’t get left in the dust. We need to be in one of these two mega conferences, or we will become irrelevant.

We will be. This is now about business not culture. A Miami that is heavily invested in sports with the south Florida TV market which is one of the biggest in the country is too good to pass up. It will add massive value when negotiating new TV contracts.

Where did it say a school can’t make revenue in new conference?

Some think B1G will pay $80-100 million year

So the school couldn’t keep the difference after paying ACC? Plus they could sue

Advertisement

Allow me to quote myself..."Challenging, but not insurmountable".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back