MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Whatever we do we need to get out the ACC and join the SeC or BiG 10. Why invest all this money into our football program only to stay in a dying broke conference. It literally makes no sense. There is too much money involved to sit around with our dix in our hands. We’re not talking a couple million dollars here. SeC and BIG 10 will be making $50m+ more than us on annual basis. We’re getting raped with no lube in this conference. We have to find a way to leave point, blank, period!

Yeah, man. I hear you. I really don't like this stuff at all. It's completely flipping the sport on its head. But this has been coming for a LONG time. I was talking this stuff with people probably 8+ years ago. It was all just so clear to see, when you have TV revenue like this, you really have no need for the NCAA.

Maybe the conferences make some crazy rule to keep a rivalry intact, but really at the end of the day, schools are going to have to choose what's more important? Playing a team you've played for 100 years? Or making dozens and dozens and dozens of millions of dollars? I think we know which usually wins out, in just about every situation.
Nobody in their right mind would turn down that kinda money.

Some of y’all don’t understand. It’s not going to be like it is right now for much longer. The “haves” are going to take their ball and play in a different park. Luckily, Miami has cache’ and a renewed financial backing and will not be left behind. We’re looking at a NEW division 1 football with ~60 of the highest revenue programs playing essentially minor league football while the rest of the FBS just becomes an afterthought. Whether it’s the SEC or the BIG10 doesn’t even matter. The whole system will be flipped. Conferences will become as meaningless as the NFC or the AFC in the NFL

yes, and you are either in this upper class, or you're left out

It's really that black and white, unfortunately

Advertisement
Why do people keep talking about "fit" ??

Is USC or UCLA a fit for the B1G? They couldn't have anything less in common with Iowa or Rutgers or Illinois. This is no longer about fits, or rivalries. It's big business, period. It's professional sports. You make the best business decision for yourself at this point. Everyone else is.

there is no logical/geographical fits anymore. You're either in this cabal, or you're playing glorified intramurals.

I dont like it, but it is what it is

It's all about market value for TV and streaming contracts. Miami is a very attractive TV market with plenty of room for growth. It's the same reason the BIG took the LA teams. We are 100% the most attractive market for BOTH conferences at this point. With our new investments in the big 3 sports and our brand strength it is no longer a favor to bring us in it's a competition IMO

Advertisement
there is no logical/geographical fits anymore. You're either in this cabal, or you're playing glorified intramurals.

I dont like it, but it is what it is

Bingo. The University of Southern California is going to be flying to Newark and busing to Piscataway, NJ to play a volleyball game against Rutgers. What in the fvck could be more foreign?

Advertisement
Look, anybody who didn’t see this coming even before today is completely blind. But after USC and UCLA are looking to bolt, it’s definite. The ACC is dead. There are no more marquee programs in big markets to poach. So it’s time to get out of this godforsaken conference and be proactive.

I’ve been told that some conversations have already taken place, and frankly with who our AD is now, I’d have been shocked had that not happened. But it’s time to join the SEC. The writing is on the wall in size 1000 font that within the next several years, there will be 2 “superconferences” of at least 18 teams each. Probably more. They will be the SEC and B1G.

Now, we have an advantage here. I don’t think there’s any scenario where we’re left out in the cold, because obviously Miami is a desirable market for any conference. So we *should* be fine. But it’s time to be proactive. There is no reason to be aligned with Tobacco Road any longer. The revenues provided to member institutions of the SEC and B1G will probably be MORE THAN DOUBLE those of the ACC very soon. So, the sooner the better here. I hope we’re not hanging only any sense of loyalty to the ACC. It’s time to do what’s best for this university and that is to move IMMEDIATELY to the SEC.

Let’s hope the leadership understands the criticality of this. We cannot afford to be left behind. My guess is we’ll be in the SEC no later than 2025. If not, it’s a massive failure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back