MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Not without Notre Dumb I don’t….just saying if they would decide to join full time she may have a shot because the only way they’d join would be WITH a revaluation of the GOR….The Irish ain’t joining anything to take a 30-40 million dollar a year cut in pay..

NVM ain’t happening …no way,no how.

I’m saying this before I get “Punished” by a two page diatribe telling me how stupid I am to even think this by a certain orator on here.

So I’m changing my mind and saying Notre Dump ain’t joining **** so don’t even imagine it non the less think it may come true.

( man I hope this did it..😜)..

Advertisement
NVM ain’t happening …no way,no how.

I’m saying this before I get “Punished” by a two page diatribe telling me how stupid I am to even think this by a certain orator on here.

So I’m changing my mind and saying Notre Dump ain’t joining **** so don’t even imagine it non the less think it may come true.

( man I hope this did it..😜)..

No need to argue with yourself, brother...

:ROFLMAO:

For this mission? As a former Provost at Stanford, I'd imagine that Stanford is asking for her help, and I believe that she continues to teach there as a Political Science professor. Plus she runs the Hoover Institution think tank (Herbert Hoover was a Stanford alum).
She remains on staff in a number of positions.

Advertisement
How do you think this all changes the timeline if Miami and FSU, along with Clemson, were both making regular appearances in the CFP the last 5 years?

Are we SURE Notre Dame is actually going to get this much of an increase in its next tv deal?

Would it surprise me in today's world of CFB $? Absolutely not. Did they conveniently bring in a former NBC exec as their next AD? Yup.

Butttt....why are they only NOW able to cash in on their purported worldwide value? What was the issue in the past? I'm sure most people were always surprised to find out how they were actually LOSING money in relation to being in a conference (even the ACC, I believe) all these years and that their independent TV money was absolutely meager in comparison to what people actually expected it would be.

So what's their case for demanding TRIPLE the money in a new deal. You think their brand value has TRIPLED? I'd also really like to see the demographic splits of what eyeballs Notre Dame brings. I have a hunch real targeted advertising based upon those brackets might involve reverse mortgages, catheters and investing in gold.

Advertisement
Are we SURE Notre Dame is actually going to get this much of an increase in its next tv deal?

Would it surprise me in today's world of CFB $? Absolutely not. Did they conveniently bring in a former NBC exec as their next AD? Yup.

Butttt....why are they only NOW able to cash in on their purported worldwide value? What was the issue in the past? I'm sure most people were always surprised to find out how they were actually LOSING money in relation to being in a conference (even the ACC, I believe) all these years and that their independent TV money was absolutely meager in comparison to what people actually expected it would be.

So what's their case for demanding TRIPLE the money in a new deal. You think their brand value has TRIPLED? I'd also really like to see the demographic splits of what eyeballs Notre Dame brings. I have a hunch real targeted advertising based upon those brackets might involve reverse mortgages, catheters and investing in gold.
Thousands of catholic high schools throughout the country churning out ND fans.

If people want to knock the "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin' around" nature of this, that's fine.

But I was told that the range on the offer was between $60M and $75M, with the low-end being "ND with an ACC scheduling arrangement" and the high-end being "ND with a Big 10 scheduling arrangement". And more recently I was told that NBC has signed off on $65M, with the assumption that sometime within the contractual term, ND will start playing "better" opponents.

So, do with that what you will. And, yes, there is some nepotism and incestuous relationship type stuff involved.

Now, if you're asking why ND was only getting $22M and is about to triple that, there are probably several factors...

---the ol' "Beta Blake" issue of signing an overly long contract that gets stuck when the open market begins to skyrocket
---the normal inflation going on in the college football rights marketplace
---the improvements ND made under Kelly during the life of the prior contract
---the lack of a mechanism to reset the prior contract to FMV, such as "conference expansion" when ND is a conference-of-one

Regardless...it's happening...

I haven’t read every page of this thread but I’ve read some.

Is there any outcome that saves the ACC no matter how unlikely?

I assume that ND as a full member would be step one but other than that I struggle to see anything that adds value from a football standpoint.

Advertisement
Regardless...it's happening...

Just so I'm following what you're saying here:

Notre Dame's football program will remain an independent with NBC continuing to have TV/streaming rights?

ND will have a football scheduling arrangement with either the ACC or (more lucratively) with the B1G?

ND will remain in the ACC for basketball, baseball, etc?

Do the adjustments to ND's arrangement impact any ACC teams looking to escape the GoR?

Is ND free to leave if any/x number of the 14 full-time ACC members leave?

Notre Dame's football program will remain an independent with NBC continuing to have TV/streaming rights?

ND will have a football scheduling arrangement with either the ACC or (more lucratively) with the B1G?

Do the adjustments to ND's arrangement impact any ACC teams looking to escape the GoR?

Everything I have read indicates that ND will be getting somewhere in the $65M range from NBC, will for the time being continue as-is as far as the ACC relationship / agreement goes, but WILL be working to schedule more B10 games (not a formal scheduling agreement as with the ACC). Next step further down the road, when teams like Miami join the B10, would be a formal scheduling agreement for $$$ possibly replacing the ACC deal.

Cal/Stan/SMU ... the addition of those 3 programs ... regardless of whether they take an immediate distribution or play "for free" for 4 years ... would trigger the composition clause in the ESPN media agreement. IS is possible that if certain ACC members aren't in agreement with the resulting media proposal by ESPN that they could then refuse to sign the new media agreement and leave the conference with THEIR media rights in tact ... simply paying the exit fee?

Advertisement
The Swaimmy sez.....

Work From Home Cat GIF by JustViral

1. Yes, ND remains independent in football and continues to partner with NBC.

2. Yes. NBC has told ND that a Big 10 scheduling arrangement with the Big 10 potentially has more viewership than one with the ACC, thus mo money.

3. Possibly. Could be Big 10. Could be Big East (no joke). The football money dwarfs everything else.

4. Uhhhh...maybe...in and of itself, ND can take its football anywhere. They are independent. They ARE a member of the GOR for all other sports. So if ND is going to be able to take other sports elsewhere, and/or actually WANTED to join the Big 10 for football (which Genetics a/k/a @Cane & Able has hinted as being a stronger possibility than most people know), then ND would also want out of the GOR (though any "settlement cost" would be a lot lower for ND than anyone else, as ND did not grant those rights for football).

5. ND is not "free to leave", though that means different things (as stated above). Football is free to play whoever, BUT if they join a conference for football before 2036, it's "supposed to be" the ACC, contractually. So ND might have a THIRD breach/damage situation, over and above "leaving the conference" fee and "breaking the GOR" settlement. As for the rest, it depends on what ND does. If they just stay in the ACC for all other sports, they are fine.

Cal/Stan/SMU ... the addition of those 3 programs ... regardless of whether they take an immediate distribution or play "for free" for 4 years ... would trigger the composition clause in the ESPN media agreement. IS is possible that if certain ACC members aren't in agreement with the resulting media proposal by ESPN that they could then refuse to sign the new media agreement and leave the conference with THEIR media rights in tact ... simply paying the exit fee?

I would also add that a potential DOWN side to the Composition Clause is that the ACC is offered more total money BUT LESS AVERAGE MONEY PER SCHOOL by adding Stanford/Cal/SMU.

Of course, that might be offset by playing MORE conference games. Of course, THAT would pretty much wipe out most OOC game opportunities.

So, after multiple dominoes go down...I wouldn't expect "three more teams" to result in a higher ANNUAL PAYOUT from Big Daddy ACC.

Advertisement
Back