MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Any concern from the SEC that they are locked into a 10 year deal with one media entity… ESPN that is in a terrible financial situation?

ESPN wouldn’t or couldn’t even pay them more to go from 8 to 9 conference games… are they going to pay more to add new conference members?
They can pay more because it's profitable for them. Getting more SEC games would be profitable for ESPN.

Advertisement
So. Had to take my cousin to Cbus to catch flight. Did anyone squash the Cal and Stanford to talk to ACC bull****??

Does the Big 12 have a GOR? If so, what is the length of it? Exit fee?

I'm just asking because I don't see the ACC adding Cal and Stanford without pulling in some fly over schools - like maybe 2 of Baylor, TCU, Houston?

Really doubtful, but just an idea. This is with the idea that TV negotiations would be reopened. Otherwise forget about it.
Yes but no idea exit fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who gets pinned with Tulane?! And where did UT UNC come from? Just because they’re both ugly highlighter versions of their primary color …
Clearly LSU, but UT-UNC feels like it's a matchup that should happen regularly with basketball and football. I could see that being a matchup that gets good ratings and games.

Reading through the tweets, news, and other garbage …

We really are an afterthought. It’s Clemson and FSU. And then everyone else. Might as well lump us in with Wake. Sad to see but that’s the sad reality of being mediocre for two decades.
This is starting to feel like the “wait til July, bros” on the the recruiting board and a lot less like the coaching search saga where we had the scoop. It’s truly make or break. If we get left behind, it’s a wrap for football. All in on hoops

Advertisement
Nobody was posing qualifying statements until it was clear the pac was doomed, so nice W here.

You west coast guys and your bull****.

It's only @calinative umstudent making qualifying statements.

He cannot argue that, before Washington and Oregon took the 50% discount, they were simply not desired by the Big 10.

Again, USF could get a Big 10 offer if they sold themselves cheaply enough.

Advertisement
More like ratings silver, which is better than the bronze that is GTech and UVA.

You are shameless. You weren't previously arguing that Washington and Oregon were better than GaTech and UVa, you've been arguing that they are better than all the ACC possibilities.

You've been wrong for months. You're the west coast version of @NorthernVirginiaCane .

Miami has probably paid more in CORC’in buyouts than the BIG10 could ever pay us

We paid Golden and Richt almost nothing (ask Golden). Shannon and Garcia were not highly paid in the first place.

FSU has paid more in buyouts and payouts related to Willie Taggart than Miami has paid in buyouts to its last 4 coaches.

How about you stop inventing lies about UM?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You west coast guys and your bull****.

It's only @calinative umstudent making qualifying statements.

He cannot argue that, before Washington and Oregon took the 50% discount, they were simply not desired by the Big 10.

Again, USF could get a Big 10 offer if they sold themselves cheaply enough.
When USF gets in under any circumstance, I'll say you were right. Till then... I'm right about that too lol. USF isn't getting into the Big10 period.

You are shameless. You weren't previously arguing that Washington and Oregon were better than GaTech and UVa, you've been arguing that they are better than all the ACC possibilities.

You've been wrong for months. You're the west coast version of @NorthernVirginiaCane .
lol you're so full of ****. Again provide proof or shut the **** up with that mischaracterization of what I've been saying.. Oregon and Washington ARE better than GTech and UVA. I mean that is obvious. The ONLY thing UVA and GTech have over Oregon, is Oregon had zero leverage because it was Big10 or bust, whereas UVA and GTech definitely fit in the SEC. I mean UVA and GTech are better academics than Oregon by far, so theres that I guess. So Big10 could have slow played Oregon and Washington which is what I thought they were going to do, and it clearly was what their plan was.

Whast even is your argument about? Are you mad that I think Oregon, Washington, Stanford and to a lesser extent Cal would be Good Big10 fits? Like I really don't even get it. I've also said I think TCU could be a fit eventually (assuming Big10 can't get like Texas or A&M) because I think they'd definitely want to enter the Texas market. You gunna be angry about that too.

Before the partial share stuff began being discussed I had not been saying Stanford and Cal, because they aren't deserving of full shares. I've also been pretty clear I don't think UVA/GTech are either. It's not like I've been changing what my opinions on these programs and their fits. The thing that has changed is timing + partial shares. So yes, I'm going to keep thinking Stanford is worth a BIG10 invite as a partial share.

Last edited:
GIF by Groundhog Day

Advertisement
Back