MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

tell them to Walk and have some respect.
1691174026002.gif

Advertisement
I think FSU needs no reason other than its own shadow to be in a full state of panic. However the other half of your statement is likely true.
One of the things that I always believed to be a higher probability that most people believed, given Rad being our AD, was that Miami and Clemson would be working together on an Exit Strategy/Landing Solution to their mutual ACC Problem.

It's just as likely as not that the Noles are the Odd Man Out in this situation. Having to run to to get financing to secure a buyout isn't exactly working in Silence. JMHO.

I think we might be screwed. All the behind the scenes talking and studying is fine but at some point you have to act. This super conference thing is about to materialize really quickly and bold moves will be necessary. If Miami has been working on this for over a year and has not acted it’s probably because there aren’t any good options.

Even after people have REPEATEDLY assured you that this is not true...

OK, believe what you want...

Like the comments from attorney Tom Mars regarding litigating the ESPN GOR in the State of Florida where local courts will have a tendency to support an academic institutions ability to remain competitive in a very competitive environment. Also his comments that reportedly the Governor has also stated to both FSU and UM administration that he would have their backs. No holds barred attack on ESPN and the GOR. Protest on the Game Day Sets ... burn it down. Also interesting updated comments on Warchant by their editor stating that it is starting to look more and more as though FSU will make an announcement on or before August 15 that they are leaving. We need 6 more + ND. No conference then good luck to ESPN trying to litigate a GOR with programs that are members of 3 - 4 different conferences.

Advertisement
Would you handicap these two scenarios:

1. Miami Clemson fsu +4th team, likely unc, cut a deal to leave acc and join big ten

2. At least 8 ACC teams band together and jointly leave at same time and avoid any exit fee
or 3...

Florida schools "push to test" in FL friendly court against ACC....

Here's a scenario for you, Miami and Clemson have been working behind the scenes together causing FSU to be in a full state of panic
That FSU AD may have cause to have been more circumspect in his remarks instead of going on effing Warchant.

How shortsighted this argument is?

This sounds like a ****** game plan. We would be winning but not making enough money to sustain a great team. College football will eventually be playing players (salaryish) and that’s how tv deals benefit people.

If we don’t move conferences the stacking talent is going to be impossible.

This is NOT how to get things done!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
not sure why many of you are worried all of a sudden..

I think taking Oregon and Washington at all shows how aggressive B1G is at expanding.. they're both average brands in the PNW which is very low on the totem pole as far as media value goes..

Miami is a more valuable brand in a more valuable area for media value..

Careful now, some porsters think the sole measure of a school's value should be how many football games you won last year.

Advertisement
Yeah all we have to go by is pages of people on canes insight saying it’s fine lol sorry that’s not enough.

If Miami is by chance not taken by the Big 10 and we have to say join the Big 12 that’s a program death sentence. Really the SEC new dollars that start soon already make it the haves Vs have nots and I just do not see the SEC getting us there even if Clemson and FSU do end up in the Big 10. UNC and Miami would make ultimate sense but I just don’t know.

You are correct.

You just don't know.

Which means he is HOURS AHEAD OF US.

Brilliant. He knows the news before it even happens...
Rhad the Impaler playing 10 dimensional chess.

He's moving his office to Tibilisi, Georgia* where they are +8 EST. He'll ALWAYS be a full workday ahead of everyone in college football and will work that to our Canes advantage 60% of the time everytime. He'll know every move 8 hours ahead of when it actually happens!

#RhadIsACriminalMastermind
#MiamiRunningCollegeFootballNow
#BOTHasBeenNOTIFIED

*not that Georgia muppets

Advertisement
Back