MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Honestly I hope Miami announces something soon as it’ll help recruiting as well…
Was just looking at a thread on @Genetics56 expansion topic ... an FSU fan commented that several FSU insiders hinted that there is a lot going on on their end at the moment, "FSU has options", and they expect some sort of announcement prior to this season. IF any program pulls the trigger as I doubt any program would do it alone, so it would get interesting quickly.

Advertisement
Love is all around me.
So close to dropping a Tesla lyric. Yoga pants, air supply, Tesla, white knighting and conference realignment with a sprinkle of Ahmon Richards.

Beats talking recruiting. Your frustration yesterday was noted. I feel your pain and occupy the same bunker at the moment.

Hey man, I can’t even lie….their clothes are comfortable as ****.

I’ll out myself.
I've been out of the loop on this thread for a while but are we ****ting on Lululemon?!?! Yall trim if that's the case. Comfy then a ************. My wife put me on to the shorts and, outside of being expensive as ****, they're **** nice.

Regarding realignment, I'd think that would be awesome if FSU comes with us to the B1G. Keep the traditional rivalry going so we can whoop that *** for years to come.

You have company. I will ‘out’ myself as well.
I am literally wearing a pair of their pants now. I think most of the people that don't like Lululemon right off the bat think of what they were when they first started... women's clothing that was spandex like and primarily for yoga. They (like most athletic clothing companies) have expanded their offerings to target multiple demographics.

That said, I wouldn't want Miami to be the first school to wear uniforms by them 😂

Advertisement
I am literally wearing a pair of their pants now. I think most of the people that don't like Lululemon right off the bat think of what they were when they first started... women's clothing that was spandex like and primarily for yoga. They (like most athletic clothing companies) have expanded their offerings to target multiple demographics.

That said, I wouldn't want Miami to be the first school to wear uniforms by them 😂
their slacks, polos, and button downs are better than anything on the market.

alos if you or your wife are healthcare, you get a discount.

I love their shorts (vuori and alo are all pretty great too)

Will be interesting to watch Disney / ESPN regarding the ACC "issue". Disney CEO Bob Iger commented today that the linear TV business may not be core to Disney interests, although they are interested in Sports. They would be open to selling an equity stake in ESPN if they can find the right strategic partner. They are also open to spinning off the legacy cable networks and ABC. That doesn't sound like somebody who is interested in getting into expensive litigation over a very questionable GOR. They might be better off championing the formation of the PAC/ACC Conference so the secondary brands from both conferences have a home and ESPN has games for regional filler purposes.

Funny Face Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Advertisement
Oh our uniforms will look spectacular with that preppy vineyard vines styling. The recruits will just love the pink whale logo because we’re always landing whales.

View attachment 246081View attachment 246082

Will be interesting to watch Disney / ESPN regarding the ACC "issue". Disney CEO Bob Iger commented today that the linear TV business may not be core to Disney interests, although they are interested in Sports. They would be open to selling an equity stake in ESPN if they can find the right strategic partner. They are also open to spinning off the legacy cable networks and ABC. That doesn't sound like somebody who is interested in getting into expensive litigation over a very questionable GOR. They might be better off championing the formation of the PAC/ACC Conference so the secondary brands from both conferences have a home and ESPN has games for regional filler purposes.
there have been rumors for a while of Disney selling off parts of ESPN (im talking years and years ago). Iger left and they seemed to die but now theyre back which isnt a coincidence. ESPN costs Disney money and doesn't produce enough in revenue for the company. you already saw Disney fire a ton of their personalities and virtually their entire radio staff. its going to happen soon and id bet they boot off the ACCN the first chance they get or at least farm it out. needless to say, I dont think Disney will be the one standing in the way of miami getting to the b10 (I said miami will gone to the b10 on this thread a year ago or so when everyone was saying SEC).

Havn't seen any data on it but I wonder how much (if anything) ESPN makes off the ACC network? Thats a pretty big part of the equation and would be the primary factor in how hard they fight for the GOR and broadcast rights vs letting it go.

Havn't seen any data on it but I wonder how much (if anything) ESPN makes off the ACC network? Thats a pretty big part of the equation and would be the primary factor in how hard they fight for the GOR and broadcast rights vs letting it go.
my guess is not a lot and my guess is they wont put up a fight.

Advertisement
bc it turned into a joke but there is some real life ventures into this already happening by schools like Texas, Bama, UF, MIchigan, PSU. honestly, its one of the most popular brands on any college campus, gym, airport, etc. so itll sell REALLY well and likely sell out ASAP over anything else offered (the only thing close to hype would be limited Jordan drops imo).

Season 2 Comedy GIF by IFC

naked yoga GIF
jimmy butler had a deal with Lululemon and now i think hes got a deal with Alo. Mike Mcdaniel is another one who routinely sports their stuff on the sidelines so i can see the NFL leaning into it esp since McDaniel is known as the Drip Coach

Last edited:
Advertisement
Holy ****, that’s real!

Disney is in bad shape. They keep spending millions and not getting their return back....
iger is cleaning it up and youre already seeing it. sports costs money more than it makes. people dont realize it but you actually dont make a ton of ROI in the sports media/sports broadcasting model. rights for these leagues cost money and very little return on it outside of the marquee events

That exact shirt was delivered to my house this week. The last Large in stock.

Advertisement
Back