MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
As the B1G and SEC poach other teams why has the ACC not solicited teams to join the ACC? When Maryland left for the Big 10 the writing was on the wall but they did nothing. Now are there any desirable teams to solicit? Is the ACC too low on revenue to even try to add teams? I am not for going to the freezing weather in the B1G and I'm sure the gator will prevent us from joining the SEC. From all aspects I think the ACC is screwed and we may be too! Are there any options for the ACC? What options for the U? How about an all Florida Conference since there are 31 ncaa football teams in the state, save millions on travel!!!

1686017355156.png

Attachments

• 1686017176776.png
    1686017176776.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
@RVACane this should be in conference mega thread too.

Pretty sure I've already said this but Realistically, By far The best thing the ACC can do to save itself is come to a buyout agreement with Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC and Notre Dame to pay $100M each (except ND, since they aren't in football) to leave the conference next year and try to keep the rest of the schools from jumping to the B12.

IF they agree to this buyout, they can have the remaining schools commit to remaining for another 4-5 years (replacing the 13yr GOR). Doing this would NET each school remaining in the ACC an additional $10M/yr for the next 4 years of the GOR (Miami/FSU/UNC/Clemson paying $400M to the remaining 10 left overs to leave early). Their media deal would get cut, but they may stay alive. And worst case scenario if the conference does explode before 4 years they are getting a 40M payout each from the top 4 schools who were leaving anyways. Then the next 4 schools can just leave to the B12.... And if they want to leave early they can pay like $50M and sacrifice that $10M/yr buyout they were going to receive)

As the B1G and SEC poach other teams why has the ACC not solicited teams to join the ACC? When Maryland left for the Big 10 the writing was on the wall but they did nothing. Now are there any desirable teams to solicit? Is the ACC too low on revenue to even try to add teams? I am not for going to the freezing weather in the B1G and I'm sure the gator will prevent us from joining the SEC. From all aspects I think the ACC is screwed and we may be too! Are there any options for the ACC? What options for the U? How about an all Florida Conference since there are 31 ncaa football teams in the state, save millions on travel!!!

View attachment 240827
Boo hoo on the weather. Grow a pair and pack a jacket.
Besides that. It's no different than going to Pitt or BC in November.

With our luck, we’d be stuck in the Rutgers/Maryland/Indiana pod.
This isn't directed at you, because I've seen it brought up quite a bit here but you were the most recent to comment about it... if Miami were to join the Big Ten, I wouldn't get hung up on pods, because I don't think that is the system that the Big Ten would adopt. Sure the Big Ten has divisions now, but the expectation is that they will get rid of divisions and go with protected rivalries when USC/UCLA join. Each team would get 1-3 protected matchups, then the rest of the games would be rotated so that you faced every other team in the conference as quickly as possible. I don't think that thought process changes if the conference goes from 16 to 20 teams.

There's been some discussion that certain teams may have more protected matchups than others. A team like Iowa has three rivalries in Minnesota/Wisconsin/Nebraska they'd like to keep on a yearly basis, while someone like UCLA doesn't care who they play as long as they play USC every year.

I would imagine Miami would fall under a similar tree as UCLA. They may have a protected matchup with another team that joins them from the ACC to the Big Ten (like a UNC or Virginia) or maybe it ends up being Notre Dame (don't think Michigan as a protected rivalry for them would be as much of a slam dunk as others think it is, since Michigan will prioritize Ohio St. and Michigan St. over ND). But I don't think Miami would be locked into having to play the eastern based schools like Maryland/Rutgers/Penn State every year.

The worst case scenario that could maybe happen is maybe they get locked into one or two of those type of schools for a 4 year period or so as sort of a temporary protected matchup, but only as a means to make the schedule work with teams that want to maintain their 3 yearly rivalries. The Big Ten has precedence in doing this in their current setup (in order to protect the Indiana-Purdue matchup). So maybe we join the conference and get Notre Dame as a permanent partner and Maryland/Nebraska as 4-year partners, then after those 4 years are up, it becomes Notre Dame and UCLA/Penn St. And rinse and repeat every four years, with two different teams plus Notre Dame as the protected matchups.

Notre Dame, in this example, would get USC/Miami as permanent partners (which keeps their desire for a more national reach), and then teams like Michigan/Michigan St./Purdue would be rotating 4-year partners for them.

Advertisement
@RVACane this should be in conference mega thread too.

Pretty sure I've already said this but Realistically, By far The best thing the ACC can do to save itself is come to a buyout agreement with Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC and Notre Dame to pay $100M each (except ND, since they aren't in football) to leave the conference next year and try to keep the rest of the schools from jumping to the B12.

IF they agree to this buyout, they can have the remaining schools commit to remaining for another 4-5 years (replacing the 13yr GOR). Doing this would NET each school remaining in the ACC an additional $10M/yr for the next 4 years of the GOR (Miami/FSU/UNC/Clemson paying $400M to the remaining 10 left overs to leave early). Their media deal would get cut, but they may stay alive. And worst case scenario if the conference does explode before 4 years they are getting a 40M payout each from the top 4 schools who were leaving anyways. Then the next 4 schools can just leave to the B12.... And if they want to leave early they can pay like $50M and sacrifice that $10M/yr buyout they were going to receive)
You’re right. But it’s a Fraggle thread which raises a whole other element and whether we want to watch him get pounded like a drum (big pause for @Confidence1000 ) or merge and move on???

See, once again like clockwork, dude troll porsts a thread and just logs off to go beddy bye til the next time.

IMG_6382.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

You’re right. But it’s a Fraggle thread which raises a whole other element and whether we want to watch him get pounded like a drum (big pause for @Confidence1000 ) or merge and move on???

See, once again like clockwork, dude troll porsts a thread and just logs off to go beddy bye til the next time.

View attachment 240838

View attachment 240836

I believe that's what's called a "Signature Move," except Fragster's doesn't have a name. Maybe the Doozer Dash?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back