Conference Championship Games this Weekend 12/1-12/2

I kinda hate UGA
This CFP committee conversation is nonsense.

#1 criteria should be "did you win your Conference?"

If no, kindly **** off. It's really that simple.
I wish. I've been a believer that conference championships should be the first eliminator in a playoff. But it doesn't make the most money.

Advertisement
Some nervous people on that selection committee right now.
They’ve preached head to head matters , they’ve painted themselves in a corner. Texas is in and Bama is out if all things hold up. Booger made the point I’ve been making with friends. The eyeball test is bs, because the eyeball test was wrong with Oregon, UGA and Tulane just in the last twenty four hours. If it’s about the eyeball test or reputation why even play the games ?

I kinda hate UGA

I wish. I've been a believer that conference championships should be the first eliminator in a playoff. But it doesn't make the most money.
The other solution is to leave it up to a bunch of people to decide what's best for business - and at that point, why even play the season? Just skip straight to Alabama v Georgia v OSU v A.N. Other

Advertisement
The other solution is to leave it up to a bunch of people to decide what's best for business - and at that point, why even play the season? Just skip straight to Alabama v Georgia v OSU v A.N. Other
Last year shouldn't matter at all, the playoffs shouldn't automatically include an SEC team.

I learned Two things:

1. A quality QB is indispensable if you want to make the CFP (for example, Nix, Pennix, Mcarthy Beck, and Milroe) Travis is an extremely vital and important ingredient to the FSU’s offensive success this season and we lacked quality QB play this season (BTW, 3 of these 6 QBs played high school in Florida);
2. FSU’s defense is capable of playing a lot better than ours in spite of what our statistical rankings show. Mario still has some work to do to recruit and develop quality players on defense

We are a lot better than last season, but not there yet

Advertisement
Last year shouldn't matter at all, the playoffs shouldn't automatically include an SEC team.
One of the announcers today mentioned how UGA has been amazing the past three seasons as an argument for them getting in...like okay so? All that matters is what happened this season.

Oh boy yeah

Neb getting to the Rose Bowl in 01 after getting destroyed in Big12 champ game

OU getting it in 03 after Kansas ST destroyed them in Big 12 champ game

OSU getting in the B1G champ game over IU in 2020

Mich being ranked higher than undefeated Mich st a week after Mich State beat them in 21

The committee arguing why head to head doesn't matter only to selectively argue that it does.

"It's about the 4 best teams" "Resume" whatever...

The sad thing is the anger and divisiveness are apart of the show. It's a ride we can't get off

They’ve preached head to head matters , they’ve painted themselves in a corner. Texas is in and Bama is out if all things hold up. Booger made the point I’ve been making with friends. The eyeball test is bs, because the eyeball test was wrong with Oregon, UGA and Tulane just in the last twenty four hours. If it’s about the eyeball test or reputation why even play the games ?
So…if FSU pulls out the win with creeper-stache at QB…

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Is that how you see it? Bama gets left out?

Advertisement
How the **** is FSU going to be in playoffs with a 3rd string qb. I know it has been said before but the acc is not good, how is Louisville the 2nd best team in the conference? Ridiculous Miami is at the bottom of this conference

So…if FSU pulls out the win with creeper-stache at QB…

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Is that how you see it? Bama gets left out?
Most deserving , conference champ . Yep. Fsu will go get dog walked but they did their part in a power five conference. Even though the Acc is trash. The Sec is just top heavy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh boy yeah

Neb getting to the Rose Bowl in 01 after getting destroyed in Big12 champ game

OU getting it in 03 after Kansas ST destroyed them in Big 12 champ game

OSU getting in the B1G champ game over IU in 2020

Mich being ranked higher than undefeated Mich st a week after Mich State beat them in 21

The committee arguing why head to head doesn't matter only to selectively argue that it does.

"It's about the 4 best teams" "Resume" whatever...

The sad thing is the anger and divisiveness are apart of the show. It's a ride we can't get off
To be fair, even Nick Saban used to be against teams making it in if they didn’t win their conference. And then one year Bama didn’t win the conference and he suddenly saw the light.

Advertisement
Back