Complete Hypothetical

Meh. Not only is it unlikely that both ND and Clemson both lose enough to get Miami back into the title game, it’s pretty clear that those two are the best teams in the conference. I think a healthy Clemson is head and shoulders better than everybody else. ND is obviously good enough to beat them when they’re down some key players. After that it’s a bit of a step down to the Miami/UNC/VT echelon. Nothing wrong with that. I’m being realistic. Miami still has games against those guys to put themselves firmly in that third place spot

Advertisement
There's a path to the playoffs if Miami wins out while missing the ACCCG and it involves a lot of chaos in the top 10. Every team ahead of us will play in some interesting games down the stretch. Just continue winning and stay within striking distance. When the dust settles after the conference championships and we're 10-1 ranked no. 5 or 6 with a red-hot D'Eriq King, the committee will be forced to give us some consideration.

Meh. Not only is it unlikely that both ND and Clemson both lose enough to get Miami back into the title game, it’s pretty clear that those two are the best teams in the conference. I think a healthy Clemson is head and shoulders better than everybody else. ND is obviously good enough to beat them when they’re down some key players. After that it’s a bit of a step down to the Miami/UNC/VT echelon. Nothing wrong with that. I’m being realistic. Miami still has games against those guys to put themselves firmly in that third place spot
After last year I really wouldn't be upset at all with being # 3 in the conference as a 10-1 or maybe even as a 9-2 squad if some chaos ensues in our favor.

Why are we even discussing this? Let's win rest of our **** games first. God knows we can barely beat teams in this league in the first place.

After last year I really wouldn't be upset at all with being # 3 in the conference as a 10-1 or maybe even as a 9-2 squad if some chaos ensues in our favor.
I’d consider a three or four game jump in the win column to be a nice improvement. Especially considering this year’s schedule is tougher than the average schedule full of OOC cupcakes

Advertisement
I’d consider a three or four game jump in the win column to be a nice improvement. Especially considering this year’s schedule is tougher than the average schedule full of OOC cupcakes
Yep. Losing Wagner, Temple, and some D2 school for Louisville, NC State, & Clemson is quite a difference.

Advertisement
Back