Complete Hypothetical

Advertisement
For the dividing factor with ND and Miami, and playing the common opponent. ND has it over us winning last night.

Then with Clemson and Miami, first they beat us, and second they have been slapping the **** out of the ACC. We have won, but with essentially squeaker games. So point differentials, and also eyeball test they are way ahead.

We need one of them to lose 2x. And we win out, which we won't. We will lose at least one more.
But, if ND loses to UNC and we beat UNC (hypothetically speaking) then we will be even as it relates to common opponents.

This is what the OP was getting at. Who wins the tiebreaker?

But, if ND loses to UNC and we beat UNC (hypothetically speaking) then we will be even as it relates to common opponents.

This is what the OP was getting at. Who wins the tiebreaker?
The ACC can have it's technicalities, and I saw that post last week.

But I think it's more simple. Besides like I said we lose 1-2 more games. We have to many glaring problems.

ND will always have media/ bowl committee preference.

They have been ranked higher all season.

So far...their strength of schedule is better. That may change, but not yet.

Probably a few more differences like margin of victories (them). And that rematch against Clemson would be better with them.

Any honest Miami fan can watch that Clemson v ND game on Saturday and realize we aren't on the same level as those two. My best hope is that we win out and get into a reputable bowl and pull off a win. We don't have any business being near the ACCCG or the playoffs.

Advertisement
If the rumors are true that Diaz took over defensive play calling the last two drives Baker has to go bc the defense looked like the stingy defense of old compared to our soft core *** defense now

King played a Heisman-caliber game against an average NC State team ... and Miami needed a 10-point fourth quarter rally to win by three, after giving up 41 points.

This is a 6-1 team on paper, but there are too many holes on this team to be considered a true Top 10 team.

Anyone who can't admit that Miami doesn't pass the eye test across the board—you're not only deluding yourselves, you're setting up for a frustrating 2021 season—where you lose your ever-loving minds wondering why and how the Canes "dropped off" and regressed year three under Diaz with King gone.

Miami has a special quarterback helping them overachieve. It works again the likes of a Louisville, NC State and bad Florida State team. It didn't work against Clemson, obviously—and even better defensive minds like Narduzzi and Mendenhall stifled Lashlee and the offense a bit.

Virginia Tech coming off a home loss to Liberty is a two-point favorite—should tell you something.

Next week could be a battle. North Carolina, too. Georgia Tech should be winnable—as should Wake Forest, though they are always a quirkier out at home.

17th season in the ACC—with Miami reinventing a way to **** away conference games that they should've won soundly.

Every November fans are start doing this math on what it would take to reach the conference title game—only to see the Canes choke down the stretch.

Let it play out and see where it goes.

I hate Clemson and Notre Dame as much as any red-blooded Miami fan—but the odds of those two not getting a rematch (as the two best teams in the ACC this year) couldn't be more slim. That's the rematch the football world wants—with a healthy Lawrence—not a Canes team that got torched in Death Valley. Pump the brakes.
This is a lot word salad to say what's been said over and over again, and something most of us realize. The word 'hypothetical' is literally in the title of the topic. C'mon man!

CIS blueprint:

1. Make a thread saying how much you think the team sucks

2. Get the facts completely wrong

Yep. That’ll do.

Ah the king of the slurpers is back!

Step one to be just like OrangeToiletBowl

1. Slobber on Manny's *******
2. Turn around and take it in the *** from Slip and Slide while moaning "eek out a 3 pt win against a 3rd string QB for me daddy"
3. Tell everyone how great the anal fissures were from being 6-1.
4. Tell yourself we're in great hands when an All-American caliber QB is saving us from being .500.
5. Rinse and repeat next week.

Advertisement
Any honest Miami fan can watch that Clemson v ND game on Saturday and realize we aren't on the same level as those two. My best hope is that we win out and get into a reputable bowl and pull off a win. We don't have any business being near the ACCCG or the playoffs.
I disagree in the sense that ND played anything resembling the Clemson we faced.

First, there was no Sunshine. While the Freshman didn't play poorly he aint the consensus best player in the country at his position.

Second, Clemson was short two starting LBs, Tyler Davis, and Xavier Thomas for a half. They also lost some key defensive contributors during the course of the game.

Third the game was on the road which doesn't mean a ton in 2020 but is some kind of advantage none the less.

The point being is Miami may not have looked quite as inept early on offense facing a somewhat depleted Clemson defense and maybe we force the Freshman to make some mistakes. We did get after Lawrence and bust his *** a bunch of times during the game, he just made plays anyways and got a lot of nice calls to boot.

I agree a healthy Clemson isn't a good match up but I'm not convinced that Miami couldn't be competitive against either of the teams that took the field Saturday night.

While we're playing hypotheticals...

If we finish the season at 10-1 and don't go to the ACCCG, what's our realistic CFP ranking? I think Cincy/BYU are gonna get dropped by CFP for not playing any P5 opponents all year. Could get interesting.

The ACC can have it's technicalities, and I saw that post last week.

But I think it's more simple. Besides like I said we lose 1-2 more games. We have to many glaring problems.

ND will always have media/ bowl committee preference.

They have been ranked higher all season.

So far...their strength of schedule is better. That may change, but not yet.

Probably a few more differences like margin of victories (them). And that rematch against Clemson would be better with them.
That sounds good in theory! But your basing your post on your opinion. "Until we lose 1 or 2 more" its all hypothetical.

Advertisement
Thank you.

Any team with a solid QB will give us a problem because defensively we just aren't very good. Some say coaches, some say players, while I am in the camp of it is a little of both.

We are better than last year which is a step in the right direction but we aren't as good as our ranking and that is just my opinion.

2. Turn around and take it in the *** from Slip and Slide while moaning "eek out a 3 pt win against a 3rd string QB for me daddy"
4. Tell yourself we're in great hands when an All-American caliber QB is saving us from being .500.

I don’t get a point number four, what team is in good hands without a good quarterback, because for example Georgia looks like absolute ***, Without Trask in Florida how to play Jones they probably have another loss as well

Advertisement
i don't know idk GIF by Robert E Blackmon
Hypothetically i could ***** a chupacabra and create a Killer Rhino....

pretty sure the first tiebreaker is head to head. We lose to clemson here but it doesn't affect ND.
Second is head to head with like opponents. We lose here to ND because we lost to Clemson.

Canes need ND to lose twice and we have to win out.
We can just have Clemson lose 1 more time.

If you're gonna cry, which...come on, we all KNOW you're gonna cry because you're a cavernous **** and that's literally all you do, all I ask is to get the facts straight as you sob. When you're hysterical, it's hard to understand you anyway. As you shiver and whimper and convulse and cry, it's hard to make out the words, so just come correct with facts. Nobody respects a whiny *****, but at least if you have your facts straight....well, OK, I take it back, nobody will respect you then either but at least you might have something right for once in your miserable life.

Thank you.

Any team with a solid QB will give us a problem because defensively we just aren't very good. Some say coaches, some say players, while I am in the camp of it is a little of both.

We are better than last year which is a step in the right direction but we aren't as good as our ranking and that is just my opinion.
This is where my point of view starts from.

Our goal should try for a 10 win season and break in a new QB this season.

King is off to the NFL.

Advertisement
Back