Complete Hypothetical

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
Ok so as most of you probably know, I'm in the camp that realizes we are probably worse than our record suggests - but hey we keep winning. Now we head into next Saturday with a top ten ranking ready to take on a wounded VT opponent who could be without their top running back, linebacker and some other key weapons (heads up, the line is about a pick-em, so oddsmakers + the media obviously doesn't think much of us still).

A lot of people are already penciling in ND vs. Clemson in the ACCCG, but I wouldn't write off UNC upsetting the domers this upcoming weekend. We all know they can put up points, and they could very easily pull off the shocker with a 41-35 type thriller.

Again, I don't want to look ahead, but this is more of a hypothetical question: what happens if Clemson, ND and Miami finish with one loss? I'm sure analytics polls would have the other two ahead of us, but was wondering if there was a previous tiebreaker that would break in our favor.

Advertisement
Ok so as most of you probably know, I'm in the camp that realizes we are probably worse than our record suggests - but hey we keep winning. Now we head into next Saturday with a top ten ranking ready to take on a wounded VT opponent who could be without their top running back, linebacker and some other key weapons (heads up, the line is about a pick-em, so oddsmakers + the media obviously doesn't think much of us still).

A lot of people are already penciling in ND vs. Clemson in the ACCCG, but I wouldn't write off UNC upsetting the domers this upcoming weekend. We all know they can put up points, and they could very easily pull off the shocker with a 41-35 type thriller.

Again, I don't want to look ahead, but this is more of a hypothetical question: what happens if Clemson, ND and Miami finish with one loss? I'm sure analytics polls would have the other two ahead of us, but was wondering if there was a previous tiebreaker that would break in our favor.
pretty sure the first tiebreaker is head to head. We lose to clemson here but it doesn't affect ND.
Second is head to head with like opponents. We lose here to ND because we lost to Clemson.

Canes need ND to lose twice and we have to win out.

For the dividing factor with ND and Miami, and playing the common opponent. ND has it over us winning last night.

Then with Clemson and Miami, first they beat us, and second they have been slapping the **** out of the ACC. We have won, but with essentially squeaker games. So point differentials, and also eyeball test they are way ahead.

We need one of them to lose 2x. And we win out, which we won't. We will lose at least one more.

Advertisement
pretty sure the first tiebreaker is head to head. We lose to clemson here but it doesn't affect ND.
Second is head to head with like opponents. We lose here to ND because we lost to Clemson.

or Clemson needs to lose 1 more and ND & Miami win out. then us vs nd in the final.

Say what I always say; No need to get ahead of ourselves, let's beat VT first and let the other chips fall as they may. I like counting those wins while others tell us the sky is falling. So, let's enjoy them, while we have them, just in case the Mopes are right.

Advertisement

King played a Heisman-caliber game against an average NC State team ... and Miami needed a 10-point fourth quarter rally to win by three, after giving up 41 points.

This is a 6-1 team on paper, but there are too many holes on this team to be considered a true Top 10 team.

Anyone who can't admit that Miami doesn't pass the eye test across the board—you're not only deluding yourselves, you're setting up for a frustrating 2021 season—where you lose your ever-loving minds wondering why and how the Canes "dropped off" and regressed year three under Diaz with King gone.

Miami has a special quarterback helping them overachieve. It works again the likes of a Louisville, NC State and bad Florida State team. It didn't work against Clemson, obviously—and even better defensive minds like Narduzzi and Mendenhall stifled Lashlee and the offense a bit.

Virginia Tech coming off a home loss to Liberty is a two-point favorite—should tell you something.

Next week could be a battle. North Carolina, too. Georgia Tech should be winnable—as should Wake Forest, though they are always a quirkier out at home.

17th season in the ACC—with Miami reinventing a way to **** away conference games that they should've won soundly.

Every November fans are start doing this math on what it would take to reach the conference title game—only to see the Canes choke down the stretch.

Let it play out and see where it goes.

I hate Clemson and Notre Dame as much as any red-blooded Miami fan—but the odds of those two not getting a rematch (as the two best teams in the ACC this year) couldn't be more slim. That's the rematch the football world wants—with a healthy Lawrence—not a Canes team that got torched in Death Valley. Pump the brakes.

King played a Heisman-caliber game against an average NC State team ... and Miami needed a 10-point fourth quarter rally to win by three, after giving up 41 points.

This is a 6-1 team on paper, but there are too many holes on this team to be considered a true Top 10 team.

Anyone who can't admit that Miami doesn't pass the eye test across the board—you're not only deluding yourselves, you're setting up for a frustrating 2021 season—where you lose your ever-loving minds wondering why and how the Canes "dropped off" and regressed year three under Diaz with King gone.

Miami has a special quarterback helping them overachieve. It works again the likes of a Louisville, NC State and bad Florida State team. It didn't work against Clemson, obviously—and even better defensive minds like Narduzzi and Mendenhall stifled Lashlee and the offense a bit.

Virginia Tech coming off a home loss to Liberty is a two-point favorite—should tell you something.

Next week could be a battle. North Carolina, too. Georgia Tech should be winnable—as should Wake Forest, though they are always a quirkier out at home.

17th season in the ACC—with Miami reinventing a way to **** away conference games that they should've won soundly.

Every November fans are start doing this math on what it would take to reach the conference title game—only to see the Canes choke down the stretch.

Let it play out and see where it goes.

I hate Clemson and Notre Dame as much as any red-blooded Miami fan—but the odds of those two not getting a rematch (as the two best teams in the ACC this year) couldn't be more slim. That's the rematch the football world wants—with a healthy Lawrence—not a Canes team that got torched in Death Valley. Pump the brakes.
Vegas isn't fooled at all, lol

Advertisement
Doesn’t it go by ranking of only loss? If that were so we’d have the advantage losing to Clemson vs UNC

Ok so as most of you probably know, I'm in the camp that realizes we are probably worse than our record suggests - but hey we keep winning.
Lmao....
drake freestyle GIF

Advertisement

Canes losing to Clemson while ND needs double OT to beat them without their best offensive player and multiple defensive starters out.
Canes beating a (hopefully) healthy UNC squad, would be bad for ND to lose to.

We'll be without some weapons too.

Advertisement
Back