Comparing Brad Kaaya to other class of 2014 QBs

Kaaya looks pretty good so far in his class, but most of that class will just get going his next year.

My oh my at those thinking he'll project better at the next level than Watson. I said last year if Watson remained healthy he would be up for the Heisman. I had Clemson as my dark horse to win it all providing he was healthy. One thing happened with the other a possibility, and here's another prediction....Watson will be picked an entire round or two higher than Kaaya, even if they come out the same year.

Kaaya can have a good year the next one or two, but his lack of mobility will scare the **** out of NFL coaches. If he can't improve that, I don't care how good he looks in the pocket, he'll be lucky to see anything lower than the fourth round. You don't need to be Randall Cunningham back there, but the NFL will eat you alive if you've got the footwork, pocket presense, and lack of escapability he currently possesses. His lack of consistent play downfield will also hurt his grade.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a sophomore with time to improve much of that. Richt was the best thing that could've happened to him from a playbook and coaching standpoint. Still, he's gotta work on a lot of his weaknesses. He can light it up from time to time, so we'll see what happens.

Advertisement
Those of you making excuses for other QBs with little to no stats, will still be making excuses for these same QBs in 2 years when Kaaya has 5000+ more yards, and 30+ more TDs than them.

other teams did not have to play a true freshman..

I loved brad...then you totaled him

Not Kaaya's fault.

So far, he's the best pro-style QB from that class, and top 3 QB overall from that class.

No, not his fault, but comparing total numbers when other QBs haven't had a chance to play due to their teams having proper QB depth is not their fault either. I'm not saying that Kaaya isn't one of the best QBs in the class (I think he is), just that using total stats for a QB after being out of school for 2 years is not a fair comparison.

Kaaya is still one of the better QBs from that class, regardless of the excuses you or Neal come up with for other QBs.

Where are the excuses? I say in my post I think he is one of the best, but the evidence you are presenting is not enough on its own to prove he is one of the best. It's like saying that Alex Smith and Jason Campbell were better QBs than Aaron Rodgers b/c after 3 years in the league they had much better stats than Rodgers b/c he was stuck behind Favre.

Again, since you seemed to have missed it the first time, I am not arguing Kaaya isn't one of the best, just that the argument you are presenting doesn't prove it.

Kaaya has been everything we could have asked for. Wish we wouldn't have wasted two years of his time though.

My oh my at those thinking he'll project better at the next level than Watson.

Watson is good but Clemson's system is not a pro system. Tahj Boyd put up huge numbers at Clemson and just got cut from the CFL. Stephen Morris actually cashes NFL checks.

Of course, we care about what they do in college, but I'm just responding to your specific point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back