deleted3746

Pro-style QBs, 2014 class, rivals rankings

#1 Kyle Allen, Tex A&M, (transferring) 3532 pass yds, 33 TDs, 14 TDs

#2 Keller Chryst, Stanford, 59 pass yds, 1 TD

#3 David Cornwell, Alabama, no stats

#4 Sean White, Auburn, 1064 pass yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs

#5 Drew Barker, Kentucky, 364 pass yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs

#6 Justice Hansen, Oklahoma, (transferring) no stats

#7 Michael O'Connor, Penn St., (transferred to U. of British Columbia) no FBS stats

#8 Brad Kaaya, Miami, 6217 pass yds, 41 TDs, 16 INTs

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com pro-style quarterbacks 2014

---

Dual-threat QBs, 2014 class, rivals rankings

#1 Deshaun Watson, Clemson, 4978 pass yds, 44 TDs, 13 INTs, 1087 rush yds, 16 TDs

#2 Will Grier, UF (transferring), 1204 pass yds, 10 TDs, 3 INTs, 116 rush yds, 2 TDs

#3 Treon Harris, UF, 2549 pass yds, 18 TDs, 9 INTs, 515 rush yds, 3 TDs

#4 Jerrod Heard, Texas, 1214 pass yds, 5 TDs, 5 INTs, 556 rush yards, 3 TDs

#5 Brandon Harris, LSU, 2356 pass yds, 18 TDs, 7 INTs, 344 rush yds, 6 TDs

#6 Clayton Thorson, Northwestern, 1465 pass yds, 7 TDs, 7 INTs, 374 rush yds, 5 TDs

#9 DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame, 2600 pass yds, 19 TDs, 9 INTs, 499 rush yds, 9 TDs

#1 2 Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech, 5830 pass yds, 48 TDs, 18 INTs, 588 rush yds, 10 TDs

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com dual-threat quarterbacks 2014

Advertisement
other teams did not have to play a true freshman..

I loved brad...then you totaled him

Advertisement

Not Kaaya's fault.

So far, he's the best pro-style QB from that class, and top 3 QB overall from that class.

No, not his fault, but comparing total numbers when other QBs haven't had a chance to play due to their teams having proper QB depth is not their fault either. I'm not saying that Kaaya isn't one of the best QBs in the class (I think he is), just that using total stats for a QB after being out of school for 2 years is not a fair comparison.

So hes 2nd or 3rd best qb in his class...thus far.

Pretty much him or Watson is #1 or #2 . The guy from ttech plays in an air raid offense and they throw it ALOT

wasn't talking about TTech dude, I was talking about Kyle Allen from Texas A&M, even thought they also run a spread.
Keller Kryst Is probably going to start this year for Stanford, so we'll see what he does. I think he'll be good.
But looking at these draft classes this year and next year, there hasn't been any superstar qbs really like Jameis and Mariota last year. Obviously Jared Goff is going to be a top pick, but he was rated like 18th pocket passer out of HS and he started 3 years at Cal. Paxton Lynch is kinda an unknown and heating up alot, but until this year NO ONE knew his name, which leads me to think he won't be good in the NFL. You need sustained success in college to be a top draft pick at QB imo. Hackenburg has been a bust at PSU thus far. Connor Cook wont be a 1st round pick, and after 3 years starting for a Playoff team isn't even a captain of his team. So this years qb class isn't THAT good. Deep, but not great or anything.
Next year won't be any better though. If Deshaun Watson or Kaaya doesn't come out early, there will be no one, unless Goff or Lynch stay another year. Qbs been a little dissapointing i think.

Advertisement

Not Kaaya's fault.

So far, he's the best pro-style QB from that class, and top 3 QB overall from that class.

No, not his fault, but comparing total numbers when other QBs haven't had a chance to play due to their teams having proper QB depth is not their fault either. I'm not saying that Kaaya isn't one of the best QBs in the class (I think he is), just that using total stats for a QB after being out of school for 2 years is not a fair comparison.

Kaaya is still one of the better QBs from that class, regardless of the excuses you or Neal come up with for other QBs.

Not Kaaya's fault.

Kaaya is still one of the better QBs from that class, regardless of the excuses you or Neal come up with for other QBs.

right. they sound dumb as **** making excuses for the other qbs.

Now imagine Kaaya playing under real coaches who can call plays, don't think of bubble screens as their goto play, have an effective O line, and will not be constantly losing field position due to mass confusion on the sidelines. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mahomes has looked decent the few times I've watched Kliff Gosling's team play but you almost have to throw it out as any sign of legitimate QB performance just based on the system they run.

Advertisement
He's the best QB in that class and I don't think it's even close. With a good year next year he's a 1st round pick. With a great year he can be the 1st overall pick.

Advertisement
Back