Combine Field Trip

This is a bad ariticle imo (but I think Barstool is pretty **** tbh). Just because you don't have an agent doesn't mean you have to ******* go off the grid.

Dudes not being smart at all, but it's not because he didn't hire an agent. If he wasn't willing to put the time to handle this **** by himself, then yeah he should have hired an agent, or at the very least an assistant or someone better than his mom to manage him, who clearly isn't doing a good job.

I still don't think he needs an agent at all. Hire an assistant for like $40k/yr and have them manage your email/schedule/calls/etc. Not having an agent shouldn't make it impossible for teams and other people around the league to contact you.
Is everyone going to be as completely incompetent as Lamar/his mom/team? Likely not, but I think most people don't realize the extent of scheduling and constant communicating that leads up to the draft. Not going to get into the entire topic again but in his situation by all accounts his decision has completely backfired to this point. If he/his camp have ****ed off even just 1 NFL team and he drops just one spot in the draft from this then we could be talking a loss of several hundred thousand to millions of dollars depending on where in the draft. To your last point, he could work out that same deal with an agent instead of any 'assistant' but to each their own.

Advertisement
Is everyone going to be as completely incompetent as Lamar/his mom/team? Likely not, but I think most people don't realize the extent of scheduling and constant communicating that leads up to the draft. Not going to get into the entire topic again but in his situation by all accounts his decision has completely backfired to this point. If he/his camp have ****ed off even just 1 NFL team and he drops just one spot in the draft from this then we could be talking a loss of several hundred thousand to millions of dollars depending on where in the draft. To your last point, he could work out that same deal with an agent instead of any 'assistant' but to each their own.

I mean I'm not saying its not going to be more work or something, but this is a very real 3% they can easily save imo especially for someone like one of these top 5 QBs (Rosen, Baker, Darnold, Lamar, and Allen) who basically are all guaranteed to be top 2 round picks - likely all 1st rounders so the team can secure the 5th year option by trading up into the back of 1st for Lamar..... If you're not putting in the work to make up for not having an agent, then obviously it will backfire, and clearly this kinda is, because Lamar and his mom can't even figure out how to let people get in contact with him who are trying to help....and I'm not just talking the teams, I'm talking current players that are trying to help him.

If I'm Lamar Jackson I hire a full time assistant for $40-50k. Then hire a lawyer to look over my contract and ****. Then when a team inevitably trades up into the back of the 1st to get the 5th yr option which is incredibly useful when drafting QBs, you will have saved AT LEAST $100k over his rookie contract if you're the 32nd pick...If you're the 20th pick, we're talking about saving over $150k, and if we're talking top 10 then the savings is like $330k over the 4 yr contract. Thats a lot of money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/caa-goes-into-high-gear-to-clean-up-josh-allen-mess/

I'm sure many of you have already seen this online or TV already, but a perspective on the opposite end of the spectrum. I can't fathom how the largest agency in the world can have the potential #1 pick and not either go through all of his social media the day he signs with them or make him delete his current one and create a new one.

From what I gathered from an interview he just did he had deleted it but someone else had saved it up to put out at this time. That is his spin on it.

From what I gathered from an interview he just did he had deleted it but someone else had saved it up to put out at this time. That is his spin on it.
I saw that later as well. Yahoo reported that all of those tweets were visible on his account as of last night and then deleted shortly after the story broke. Not sure which side is telling the truth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back