Colorado (6-2) vs #15 Miami (7-1)

I think I may be done with this team for a while, I can take losing money, I can take losing games, but the amount of “I dont give a F*ck“ on this team is through the roof. There is almost nothing on this team that works other than the 3. They dribble terribly, they’re selfish and have barely any assists, no one gives any effort in rebounding, the second things arent going their way they clam up. They pile on with stupid a$* penalties and hero ball with no true hero on this team. We cant defend anyone to save our lives and we cant get easy points to help us get out of a funk. 3’s and free throws is all this team has.
Stop watching then. No one cares what you do.

Advertisement
And I’m not here for your f*cking approval, this team is painful to watch and that fact. After this game we’ll be one of the worst teams in the country at turnovers and rebounding. That aint a winning strategy
So what are you here for then? Lol why even post whether you're going to watch or not?

Do what you want with your free time. No one cares if you watch.

I think I may be done with this team for a while, I can take losing money, I can take losing games, but the amount of “I dont give a F*ck“ on this team is through the roof. There is almost nothing on this team that works other than the 3. They dribble terribly, they’re selfish and have barely any assists, no one gives any effort in rebounding, the second things arent going their way they clam up. They pile on with stupid a$* penalties and hero ball with no true hero on this team. We cant defend anyone to save our lives and we cant get easy points to help us get out of a funk. 3’s and free throws is all this team has.

Gave up on them that easily huh :pgdead:

You also can't give lackadaisical effort, because you now have a huge bullseye on your back coming off elite 8 and final 4.

Teams are going to give you big effort, you have to match it. We are acting like a program that doesn't know how to handle success.

Soft and lazy
We've never had success, so of course we don't know how to handle it.

The new KenPom/N.E.T. dropped us to 100 something. We'll have to beat La Salle by 50 to get back to Top 60. Show we are not an N.I.T. team. Coach L needs some magic.

Advertisement
I'm sure Colorado was chomping at the bit to gain some respect. Effort goes a long way.

Now Streaming Maggie Lawson GIF by PeacockTV

This isn’t an airport, you don’t have to announce your departure.

Team acts like they are good, but last year is last year. Have to play with consistent effort and stop being lackadaisical on defense and nonchalant on offense. The number of turnovers is maddening and we devolve in to a lot of hero ball when we get behind.

L's teams generally get better as the season goes on, but the pieces we have this year are not fitting together so well.

Advertisement
Just a few weeks back this forum was full of posts about winning it all and how greatness awaits. Was reluctant to disagree as that gets pounded (or ignored) usually. Reality setting in folks. Maybe Kenpom/NET is right. Maybe Coach L has some more miracles or the stinky bench will surprise us with huge improvement but dont hold your breath. Luckily we have a good amount of potential talent that can be ON at the same time and maybe March it will happen again.

(PS I got bashed for saying we are NOT a Top20 team. Trust me, we aint in the top 20 come Monday.)
I said this team has a long way to go a couple weeks back on here and got flamed lol. I still stand strongly in that position. That said, L’s teams have historically gotten better and better and found themselves over the course of the season. So, I’ll never dismay that they could be a problem come tournament time. But right now I just don’t see it

Gave up on them that easily huh :pgdead:
Did I say fire Coach L or shoot this team into the sun? I’m down 2 grand betting on this team because I keep thinking to myself “Nah this game was just a fluke they’ll put this back together”. This team has some serious issues it needs to work out and for the sake of my wallet I’m going to take a couple weeks break, why go after me when the team is doing the same thing?

Just a few weeks back this forum was full of posts about winning it all and how greatness awaits. Was reluctant to disagree as that gets pounded (or ignored) usually. Reality setting in folks. Maybe Kenpom/NET is right. Maybe Coach L has some more miracles or the stinky bench will surprise us with huge improvement but dont hold your breath. Luckily we have a good amount of potential talent that can be ON at the same time and maybe March it will happen again.

(PS I got bashed for saying we are NOT a Top20 team. Trust me, we aint in the top 20 come Monday.)
The metrics matter. They're not perfect but they matter.

Advertisement
Did I say fire Coach L or shoot this team into the sun? I’m down 2 grand betting on this team because I keep thinking to myself “Nah this game was just a fluke they’ll put this back together”. This team has some serious issues it needs to work out and for the sake of my wallet I’m going to take a couple weeks break, why go after me when the team is doing the same thing?
That’s your fault then. Don’t come on here *****ing up a storm because you are a dumbass and are picking losers. Not our faults you are down 2 grand.

Omier was fouled out on a totally phantom call. Pack was getting bullied and he didn’t even fully extend his arm and they called an offensive foul. Officiating was bad and it hurt us.

We were also very, very bad.
It didn’t hurt us but ok. We had like 20 turnovers, gave up a ton of offensive boards, and the effort was **** poor. Last time I checked that isn’t the refs fault.

Advertisement
One of the worst efforts of the L era, and quite possibly the worst half (2nd) I’ve seen since the Haith era. That’s twice in the last couple weeks that this team has flat out QUIT.

Colorado is not that good, they were without one of their star players. This was also a neutral site game, this isn’t Rupp arena against a ton of 5 stars.

This team has been flat out HORRID defensively and on the glass, and on top of it we’re now struggling to develop any sort of cohesiveness or identity on offense.

L has his work cut out for him. As of now, this team is vastly underperforming expectations

That’s your fault then. Don’t come on here *****ing up a storm because you are a dumbass and are picking losers. Not our faults you are down 2 grand.
I didnt make it “your fault”. I didnt say “CIS cost me 2 grand **** that Mklein guy for being such a slurper”. Go back to my original post and tell me I was wrong about just one of my criticisms for this team. Not my fault that you see any negativity against this team that doesnt give a **** as a personal attack against you.

It didn’t hurt us but ok. We had like 20 turnovers, gave up a ton of offensive boards, and the effort was **** poor. Last time I checked that isn’t the refs fault.

You don’t think Omier fouling out on a phantom foul hurt us? Or them not calling Wooga getting fouled on the arm multiple times.

That was a defensive foul when they whistled Pack… they were letting them foul us and fouled Omier out on literally no contact.

Edit:
Let me be clear. It was an embarrassing showing on our part. Incredibly disappointing but also legitimately concerning on a season level. Poor effort is now becoming the norm rather than the exception.

This has nothing to do with analytics because we already showed the model doesn’t work for certain team styles last year. This year we may well be what the analytics say we are but that has nothing to do with last year.

There is a lot to figure out - that’s for sure.

Last edited:
You don’t think Omier fouling out on a phantom foul hurt us? Or them not calling Wooga getting fouled on the arm multiple times.

That was a defensive foul when they whistled Pack… they were letting them foul us and fouled Omier out on literally no contact.
We had 15 FT’s. They had 11. The refs were not a factor in that debacle.

Advertisement
Back