Colorado (6-2) vs #15 Miami (7-1)

Its as simple as putting a body on a body for rebounds and their guys are flying in giving them second and third chance shots. We also set awful picks. Its pretty easy to cover us man to man.

Advertisement
I didnt make it “your fault”. I didnt say “CIS cost me 2 grand **** that Mklein guy for being such a slurper”. Go back to my original post and tell me I was wrong about just one of my criticisms for this team. Not my fault that you see any negativity against this team that doesnt give a **** as a personal attack against you.
You are right about this teams issues and I’m not a slurper I’m well aware of their problems. But to come on here and announce you are stepping away…I mean who really gives a ****. No one does. Come and go as you please.

You don’t think Omier fouling out on a phantom foul hurt us? Or them not calling Wooga getting fouled on the arm multiple times.

That was a defensive foul when they whistled Pack… they were letting them foul us and fouled Omier out on literally no contact.
Doesn’t matter…it’s not like the refs were the deciding factors. But im not surprised you are the only one complaining about the refs since that seems to be a thing for you.

You are right about this teams issues and I’m not a slurper I’m well aware of their problems. But to come on here and announce you are stepping away…I mean who really gives a ****. No one does. Come and go as you please.
Plus, the dude is never on the board until now.

Advertisement
You'd think that people would learn from last year, and the last decade about Coach L and this program, but apparently not. Today sucked, period. That said, we are barely a third of the way through the season. This team has had **** good performances against some solid teams, they've also had some stinkers, including one on the road against a young Kentucky team that is flat out more talented than 99% of the teams in the country. If you want to sound the alarm, fine, but that's a you problem, and those that are sounding the alarm apparently isn't paying attention to what is going on around the country. Outside of a couple of hyper elite teams, you are seeing solid teams have stinkers, you are seeing teams lose to teams they have no business losing to.

That said, Miami has to make it through these growing pains. Guys like George have to grow into their roles, and honestly, I think we are doing Bensley a disservice by starting him. He's at his best coming off the bench, being an energy guy that can bring intensity on the defensive end, and manage the 2nd unit offensively. Miami needs more size in the starting 5. I also think that Nwoko is coming along, but it's going to be rough until the light finally turns on. 7-2 with a solid schedule isn't the disaster the maudes think it is, then again a lot of our fanbase is basketball illiterate so they view everything through the football lens, where a loss can end a season.

1702244598804.png

You'd think that people would learn from last year, and the last decade about Coach L and this program, but apparently not. Today sucked, period. That said, we are barely a third of the way through the season. This team has had **** good performances against some solid teams, they've also had some stinkers, including one on the road against a young Kentucky team that is flat out more talented than 99% of the teams in the country. If you want to sound the alarm, fine, but that's a you problem, and those that are sounding the alarm apparently isn't paying attention to what is going on around the country. Outside of a couple of hyper elite teams, you are seeing solid teams have stinkers, you are seeing teams lose to teams they have no business losing to.

That said, Miami has to make it through these growing pains. Guys like George have to grow into their roles, and honestly, I think we are doing Bensley a disservice by starting him. He's at his best coming off the bench, being an energy guy that can bring intensity on the defensive end, and manage the 2nd unit offensively. Miami needs more size in the starting 5. I also think that Nwoko is coming along, but it's going to be rough until the light finally turns on. 7-2 with a solid schedule isn't the disaster the maudes think it is, then again a lot of our fanbase is basketball illiterate so they view everything through the football lens, where a loss can end a season.
It’s the way we lost, especially today, not the losses themselves.

Doesn’t matter…it’s not like the refs were the deciding factors. But im not surprised you are the only one complaining about the refs since that seems to be a thing for you.

Fair. Flew up to NYC for the game and it sucks to see the game spiral totally out of control on a series of bad calls.

We played terribly (TERRIBLY) but that doesn’t make bad officiating any less frustrating.

We actually got a favorable whistle in the first half so maybe the refs were trying to balance it but there was a string of really bad calls between not calling fouls on them and fouling Omier out on our side.

Also it is totally wrong and ridiculous to evaluate officiating by number of fouls or free throws. It’s what happens on the court.

Advertisement
It didn’t hurt us but ok. We had like 20 turnovers, gave up a ton of offensive boards, and the effort was **** poor. Last time I checked that isn’t the refs fault.
A couple of those turnovers were uncalled fouls that were way more real than the tripping foul called on Cleveland where he established his position and the Colorado player ran into his leg.

Advertisement

Given the expectations… there’s good cause for concern. We haven’t gotten thoroughly woodshedded twice in a short span in any of our successful years that I can remember.

This team has a lot of talent and potential but some things definitely have to be figured out because there are fundamental issues that aren’t small.

1. Miller and Wong have NOT been successfully replaced. Their poise, mental toughness and leadership. Probably foolhardy to think their replacements would be a simple matter of plug and play.

2. Killed on the boards and the Buffs had 28 assists to our 11.

3. Still early on. L sees the deficiencies; let's see what his fix is.

4. Who's the leader on this team?

Advertisement
Murphy's Law game. Troubled by the lack of effort when things started going south. Unfortunately, as I predicted, teams that know how to use their size advantage are going to hurt us all season. But that was only one part of the story. You wonder if Wooga already started counting his hypothetical NBA money. He is completely out of rhythm.. But then so is everyone. Coach L needs a hard reset.

Its as simple as putting a body on a body for rebounds and their guys are flying in giving them second and third chance shots. We also set awful picks. Its pretty easy to cover us man to man.

I think this is right. We’re not doing a lot of the little things well right now. And I think L is frustrated because he’s trying to teach and emphasize it but it isn’t sticking right now.

1. Miller and Wong have NOT been successfully replaced. Their poise, mental toughness and leadership. Probably foolhardy to think their replacements would be a simple matter of plug and play.

2. Killed on the boards and the Buffs had 28 assists to our 11.

3. Still early on. L sees the deficiencies; let's see what his fix is.

4. Who's the leader on this team?
Leader needs to be Norchad.

Advertisement
Back