College Gameday from Miami and the actual game ratings

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
We are officially back!

College GameDay Draws Best Rating of the Season
ESPN’s first-ever College GameDay Built by The Home Depot from the campus of the University of Miami drew a 1.5 overnight, the show’s highest-rating of the SEASON

ABC’s Saturday Night Football featuring Notre Dame at Miami (8 p.m.) delivered a 4.5 overnight, the highest-rated prime time game of week 11 across all networks and potentially the most-watched game of the week when viewership numbers are reported later this week.

Advertisement
Stating the obvious, both schools have a large national following. Both teams being in the top 10 adds fuel to the fire and viewership.

WE back!!!

We need to renew this rivalry with home and home games yearly. Miami FSU is an elite rivalry but it is regional to the state of Florida

Miami -Notre Dame is national making it even bigger.
the contrast between these 2 schools is night and day and people love that

Gameday got served a dose of reality. It wasn't just the ND vs. Miami rivalry that got them that rating. Miami's one of the most polarizing brands in CFB. People either love the U, or absolutely hate the U. People will always watch for a variety of reasons.

We need to get ND in the ACC and put them in the Coastal and play them every year, no matter what it takes to convince them financially, **** let them keep their NBC home game deal and share a portion of it with the conference who cares at this point. That gives you 4 elite football programs in one conference. I hate them but love beating them, this might be the only way we could ever get them to come to Miami ever again, by a conference forcing them to play us!

Advertisement
We need to get ND in the ACC and put them in the Coastal and play them every year, no matter what it takes to convince them financially, **** let them keep their NBC home game deal and share a portion of it with the conference who cares at this point. That gives you 4 elite football programs in one conference. I hate them but love beating them, this might be the only way we could ever get them to come to Miami ever again, by a conference forcing them to play us!

ACC would arguably be the best conference. Though it's fun seeing FSU suck, with the way they recruit, they will be back soon.

SEC is overrated - it's Alabama then everyone else.

All the case to stop pandering to the podunk hilljack third rate "cities" in the SEC, eh?

Advertisement
We need to renew this rivalry with home and home games yearly. Miami FSU is an elite rivalry but it is regional to the state of Florida

Nah, make them stew about a 33-point loss for the next 7 years.

Miami became Miami by beating everyone everywhere. Last weeks game has been played and won, it’s time to move onto the other games/venues.

I’d rather Miami play OK, MI, NE, AL, GA, Auburn, TN, TX, OSU, WA, Stanford, USC, and PSU long before thinking of going to Indiana or having them come back.

I also read somewhere that it crushed the OU vs TCU game was well...not really surprising I suppose, but still.

Nah, make them stew about a 33-point loss for the next 7 years.

Same way they did us after 1990....cause I know we would of destroyed them in 91 and 92 and esp 94

Advertisement
Miami became Miami by beating everyone everywhere. Last weeks game has been played and won, it’s time to move onto the other games/venues.

I’d rather Miami play OK, MI, NE, AL, GA, Auburn, TN, TX, OSU, WA, Stanford, USC, and PSU long before thinking of going to Indiana or having them come back.

We may have to play them at home, then another "neutral" game in Chicago before they come back to Miami.

Gameday got served a dose of reality. It wasn't just the ND vs. Miami rivalry that got them that rating. Miami's one of the most polarizing brands in CFB. People either love the U, or absolutely hate the U. People will always watch for a variety of reasons.

True dat. Over the last 30 years, many of the highest rated CFB games have involved the U (including the Catholics vs Convicts games in the late 80s and early 90s). The 30 for 30 on the U was also the highest rated of all of them. Miami sells. Miami draws ratings. For better or for worse, people want to watch the Canes play football.

Advertisement

ND joins the ACC - they lose at least three games every year.

They don't want that.

Upcoming OOC schedule:

2018: vs LSU at Cowboys stadium
2019: vs UF in Orlando
2020: @ Michigan St.
2021: vs. Alabama in ATL, Michigan St. comes to Miami
2022: @ Texas A&M

We don't play Notre Dame until 2024.

All the case to stop pandering to the podunk hilljack third rate "cities" in the SEC, eh?

Yeah, the Suits in Burbank just got another nail gun cartridge for John Skipper's coffin:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/06/26/espn-sports-rights-cost

That $6 billion is not looking good, especially since CBS still gets a lot of the more populated state SEC matchups.

That's insane because isn't the SEC Championship Game on CBS too whereas the ACCCG is on ABC- a parent network to ESPN?

Advertisement
Back