College Football Opt out should start happening soon

GR15 is a PROJECTED first round pick. I think SOME of that is based on the assumption he plays to similar stats as last year. Otherwise, there is also SOME (not complete) risk since he has one year of production and not much positional experience.

Advertisement
I will encourage Lawrence to sit out since he's a lock at #1 and there is absolutely no upside to playing. Pride? F#ck pride when you are talking about a payday to be set up for generational levels of wealth. If I were him, I'd go live in a hermetically sealed bubble until the NFL draft. He already won Clemson a championship. His debt has been paid. For Rosseau, he needs to play because he just doesn't have the body of evidence to justify a top 5 pick. Last year's #5 (Tua) got a 30 mil contract with 20 mil guaranteed. The #15 (Jeudy) got 15 million with 8.6 guaranteed. #5 got twice the salary and more than twice the guaranteed money. That's too much dough to risk leaving on the table.
I could never tell a player who was a definite first rounder that they should stay. But the difference between the top ten and 2nd round is well worth the gamble.

I doubt we have guys opt out, I don't see very many college players doing that at all really. Even a guy like Rousseau is no lock to go high like Bosa, he has a lot to prove. So does Brevin, as he could really breakout in this offense and make millions more off it.

Maybe if we have guys who are high-risk they opt out for health reasons, but that's probably it for us at least

Opting out should be a massive red flag because it's a sign the kid doesn't like football. Interview the guys who opt out. I bet they aren't quarantining in mom's basement. They're probably hanging out and doing their thing off the field like any other college kid. So, if they're not quarantining, then they're not really scared of COVID. They'd just be opting out because they don't care about football, and I wouldn't draft that kind of guy.
I hear you, I just disagree. This season has been put together with spit and glue, players haven’t been able to consistently work out/practice so they could be at risk for injury, we are in a pandemic. The list goes on and on. It’s a gamble to play if you are a projected 1st round pick.

Advertisement
GR15 is a PROJECTED first round pick. I think SOME of that is based on the assumption he plays to similar stats as last year. Otherwise, there is also SOME (not complete) risk since he has one year of production and not much positional experience.
Didn't chase young skip or was suspended/injured most of last season and go Top 5 with similar production levels?

Advertisement
Opting out should be a massive red flag because it's a sign the kid doesn't like football. Interview the guys who opt out. I bet they aren't quarantining in mom's basement. They're probably hanging out and doing their thing off the field like any other college kid. So, if they're not quarantining, then they're not really scared of COVID. They'd just be opting out because they don't care about football, and I wouldn't draft that kind of guy.
Exactly they will opt out of football but be in the clubs,bars and partys w

Advertisement
If there's one thing that CIS posters prove every year is that we overrate where our players will be. If he doesn't play another down of college football, GR15 will not be a 1st round pick. He needs to play his way into the 1st round this season.

I don't think that holds true for someone who has been projected as the #1 overall pick for 3 years. I think it was Matt Leinart that cost himself many many millions by coming back. No one doubts Lawrence loves football. I think the smart business decision would be for him to sit out- it won't affect his draft position one bit. In a normal season it would definitely get a raised eyebrow. In the midst of all this covid craziness, it is much more understandable (seeing it in pro sports now)

Advertisement
I could see Hillery or Herbert sitting it out. They must have half the league begging for workouts.

Players who sit out don’t get drug tested? Some guys might take this chance to put on 30 pounds of muscle before the draft, like Grace did.

Advertisement
Back