College football attendance declines for a 7th straight year.

This was me in 2013. I was going to attend the Russell Athletic bowl in Orlando when Miami played Louisville (before the Cards joined the ACC). I was going to use my mom's timeshare outside Orlando and drive to camping world stadium to watch the game. My mom said she'd pay for the timeshare as an xmas present or get me a 50" TV. Flight to Orlando, rental car, gas, food, tickets, parking, all to see Miami lose a game in the rain during the Al Golden years or watch it from the warmth and comfort of my living room at my apartment and save all that money. Guess which one i chose.

Advertisement
While im sure season tickets are down, I would love to hear the data about single game tickets. I'll bet those are at an all time high. Someone said it on this thread..they pick and choose 2-3 home games a year to hit and thats it. Esp in a city like Miami where its about being where the event is that weekend. Im sure we have all had this story:

Im at the UF game in 2013 and im lower level right behind the UM bench. A latin cat and his fine a$$ wife (Cant lie, she was an easy 9/10) and their young boy were sitting next to me. Literally looking like they were about to hit Prime 112 right after the game. LOL. Dressed to impress like a Heat game back when Lebron played for us...(And it was HOT AS **** that day) So Phillp Dorsett catches a big catch and the crowd goes nuts. Real talk, the latin cat leans over to his son, "Look up, you see that WR..Thats Tony Dorsetts son. His father was a legend!" LMAO!! I looked at this guy like WTF? He said it so as a matter of fact too. Casual fan and he was **** proud of it. Lol.

Me me me me me. A bunch of Beakers.

That's all I hear. Me. What's in it for me? Do you guys even CARE about the team or is it just what YOU get out of it?

I go to Canes games to give the the team **** and to scream and clap and SUPPORT the team. To help provide home field advantage. To do my tiny, little game-day part to help us WIN.

And to bang rails off hookers asses in Liv, of course.

Advertisement
Back