2025 Colin Hurley, QB Trinity Christian HS

0.00000000% chance we flip Lag.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Advertisement
One thing about those highlights is that his throwing motion is super flexible. He is throwing every ball at a different angle. Not making a talent comparison here, but the flexible throwing motion is Mahomes-esque. But the constant attempts at making throws in those angles is probably the reason for the low accuracy numbers. It seems like this can be fixed with proper footwork coaching.

One thing to remember about his accuracy numbers also, is that I believe I read he would be 16 when he steps on campus next year. So does that mean he was like 13 his freshman season? 14 his sophomore season? 15 this upcoming season?

If true, thats just ridiculous. Kid is a take all day for me. He will need to redshirt and sit an extra year probably, but potential is sky high.

Also, in college, idc about size of qb. Kyle Murray, Baker Mayfield, Bryce Young, and the list goes on. They can ball out even if they're short in college.

If we're still recruiting a realistic QB1, I hope it's the Connecticut kid that has been committed to UGA. That feels like a guy a team can pluck given they have Dylan R.

He is the realistic dream QB for this staff imo, and is a good fit for Dawson. He has been open about not wanting to decommit and wants to keep his word to his UGA commitment. Hope we can do something to change his mind. Having another Conn. QB turn it around under Dawson and hopefully get drafted well could change minds.

He is the realistic dream QB for this staff imo, and is a good fit for Dawson. He has been open about not wanting to decommit and wants to keep his word to his UGA commitment. Hope we can do something to change his mind. Having another Conn. QB turn it around under Dawson and hopefully get drafted well could change minds.

I see nothing publicly on his timeline that would indicate that he's wavering. Seems to be doubling down after Raiola committed.

Advertisement
If we're still recruiting a realistic QB1, I hope it's the Connecticut kid that has been committed to UGA. That feels like a guy a team can pluck given they have Dylan R.

Only about 30 minutes from where TVD is from. Sure there’s some connections there. Same area. Would be the perfect host for OV.

Miami has been recruiting a few guys committed elsewhere on the low for a minute now.

I said two qb’s was likely when the bleeding brigade was hemorrhaging about Judd.
Would taking 2 QBs in 2024 class stop them from taking a transfer QB for next season? Or is the transfer QB solely based on Jacurri/Emory development?

Advertisement
This rumor officially has legs now. @DMoney from the 6/1 Bank.

Don’t be surprised if Miami lands another QB in this class. They love Judd Anderson but they could take two. Colin Hurley (LSU commit) is a real name.

We will see if anything materializes but there's smoke all of the place from multiple sources now.

Last edited:
@bradtejeda from CaneInsight Live 6/1

• He [Brad] has been communicating with Colin & his dad since 8th grade and they've formed a relationship
  • Colin's & his dad are well aware that L$U is looking around
  • Miami (along w/some other big schools) are in contact w/Colin's & his dad
  • Colin will be at L$U the next couple of weekends so he is still playing the part of the loyal soldier. Brad said make of him being at L$U for multiple weeks what you will.

Advertisement
I believe they are close as Hurley came down with Jacurri when they met with City of Miami leaders
Indeed. Jacurri brought him down for multiple visits to the Gables. @Stevo365 said last night that it had gotten to the point where he and Jacurri had already mapped out Jacurri playing for a couple years and then Colin taking over for him after that.

Stevo also indicated it was the coaching change that messed everything up. Needless to say, Colin wasn't a fan of Gattis and the rest was history.

Last edited:
Indeed. Jacurri brought him down for multiple visits to the Gables. @Stevo365 said last night that it had gotten to the point where he and Jacurri had already mapped out Jacurri playing for a couple years and then Colin taking over for him after that.

Stevo also indicated it was the coaching change that messed everything up. Needless to say, Colin wasn't a fan of Gattis and the rest was history.
Well that just sounds crazy , i’ve never heard that about Gattis once…….

Advertisement
@bradtejeda from CaneInsight Live 6/1

• He [Brad] has been communicating with Colin & his dad since 8th grade and they've formed a relationship
  • Colin's & his dad are well aware that L$U is looking around
  • Miami (along w/some other big schools) are in contact w/Colin's & his dad
  • Colin will be at L$U the next couple of weekends so he is still playing the part of the loyal soldier. Brad said make of him being at L$U for multiple weeks what you will.

Just as I was starting to get excited about June, Eddie Mush makes his way back to CIS….

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
Back