2025 Colin Hurley, QB Trinity Christian HS

Advertisement
@Stevo365 on tonight's 3 Live Canes

Really shouldn't be talking about this situation right now. L$U is definitely shopping around for a 2nd QB. Doesn't know why. However, he's waiting until this rumor has legs to it (i.e. he visits Miami), to comment further or get really interested.
He also mentioned that @Geo305 a while back said watch Miami and UF in this recruitment. May not be over.
The gator has Lagway and a 25 guy who can reclassify to 24. I can’t see that one.

Is he good?
@Stevo365 was raving about his skill set tonight. The only concern I've seen expressed about him is height (hence my concern about the reclassification). If he ever had a growth spurt, might be a 5* IMO.

Last edited:
@Stevo365 was ravining about his skill set tonight. The only concern I've seen expressed about him is height (hence my concern about the reclassification). If he ever had a growth spurt, might be a 5* IMO.
Accuracy is mentioned frequently. The LSU board has a thread about Hurley and that is a big part of the discussion....

Advertisement
The gator has Lagway and a 25 guy who can reclassify to 24. I can’t see that one.

Unless they were to end up with Hurley and we flip Lagway...

happy-the-rock.gif

(I have no idea if this is possible but one can dream, right?)

Advertisement
I’d like to see that motion more it’s impressive.

What came to mind is Terry Bradshaw throwing motion with a distinct snap of the wrist to rope or finesse touch.

YES there were many great passers in history but Terry’s over head snap spins the ball spiraling so tight it can’t be matched which makes the ball fit in tight spaces plus leads the receiver as the balls spirals just over shoulder into the grasp.

Anyway seeing this kid throw gave me this thought

GOCANES

Aside from Joe Sloan idk who else's opinion they would be taking on that offensive staff - Denbrock has no clue and he's only coached QBs 1 year in his 35 year coaching career. Sloan is a good QB coach, if he's sold, I'm probably sold.

That being said.. I've definitely heard mixed opinions about this kid. Lots of schools cooled on him after watching his 2022 season playout. Miami would have taken his commitment but they looked awful and he wanted to avoid Gattis and Ponce.. they didn't recruit him hard anyway. They may have had sights set on Air.

One SEC coach told me Hurley looked like Bryce Young playing in shorts and a t-shirt and then turned into Haynes King when the pads come on. A Big10 coach said he projects him to be Bo Nix esque and have a similar career trajectory where it takes him a few years but then he'll take off when it slows down for him, he develops his accuracy, and learns how to work the pocket and not 1 read and then run every time. How quickly that develops is anyone's guess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It sounds like in an ideal world, Hurley would be a high-end QB2 with upside in a top program's class given how his 2022 season went. This would also explain why LSU may be looking to upgrade and why Hurley's ranking has dropped from where it was before he reclassified (he’s now a low 4* in the composite and a high 3* on 247).

Given how much it's been said that Dawson prioritizes accuracy in his QB's, it would be interesting if we ended up with two QB's whose completion percentages were in the 53% (Hurley) to 56% (Anderson) range.

QB's that thrive in camp settings but look like an entirely different QB when the pads come on will always raise red flags. Hurley has more arm strength than Noland but is likely nowhere near as ready to contribute early. Lagway’s in a different tier entirely, IMO, so hopefully he doesn’t stick with UF.

Advertisement
Back