Colin Cowherd on USC hire...

Noliaboi

Sophomore
I am aware that most people don't care much for Colin Cowherd. With that being said, I like his radio show.

Can't wait to here him rip the USC hire all day! lol

Advertisement
Colin's the Best out there. USC homer
Big O at same time is too negative, always complaining ,

Hate his choice of music and concerts.

Go Canes !

Cowherd repeatedly said that USC was going to hire a "huge get"

Sorry but Clay Helton is a not "huge get".

Advertisement
Kiffin, Sarkisian and Helton are the last 3 coaches hired at USCw. Telling on how overrated that job is if that is the best they can do.

Sounds to me like they don't want to invest money on a over rated coach knowing that in a season someone (Chip Kelly) will shake loose next season.

Sounds to me like they don't want to invest money on a over rated coach knowing that in a season someone (Chip Kelly) will shake loose next season.

It's another program that thinks they can get anyone they want, then realize they can't.

USC should know this by now, they keep ******** up the hires

Advertisement
This hire reeks of a school that is afraid to get burned again. They know what they have in Helton and it is a "safer" hire given the most recent 2 disasters. They surely could have done better, but I think they want less attention.

Advertisement
from what I've coming from lots of USC Alumni and boosters, they are pointing the finger at Pat Haden as the problem. He is a bigger manipulator and politician than Shalala. Sucks for them because that school is another Miami in terms of talent surrounding them.

Helton has a 5/yr deal and may have a low buyout. Kiffin was still getting paid ($3M+ in 2015). Sarkisian is probably getting paid too.

Helton is an experiment. He's been with the program for 5 seasons. USC spanked Willingham and Mora Jr, and played ND close when you consider he only had a week. Oregon spanked them but ***** happens. He didn't lose to Rich Rod at Arizona, or whomever coaches Oregon State. If it doesn't work out the cost is minimal compared to the mistake Texas made.

USC hasn't made a good HC choice since replacing McKay with Robinson in 1975. Pete Carroll was their 4th choice, behind Dennis Erickson, Mike Riley, and Mike Bellotti. They got lucky but I'd take that kind of luck.

We'll see.....

Last edited:
Cowherd for the last month: repeatedly says that USC had already reached an agreement with a "HUGE" name and were going to break the bank but they had to wait until a certain date to announce it because the coach was currently employed.

Pat Haden announces that Helton is the head coach.

Cowherd today: Great hire! I've advocated for this all along!!!

The guy is a complete hack and the sooner the window dressing girl he has uselessly planted on his set sues him for sexual harassment the better. I've never seen anyone flip flop on so many things and act like he never said what turned out to be patently false. Dude might be legitimately schizo or something.

Advertisement
Cowherd for the last month: repeatedly says that USC had already reached an agreement with a "HUGE" name and were going to break the bank but they had to wait until a certain date to announce it because the coach was currently employed.

Pat Haden announces that Helton is the head coach.

Cowherd today: Great hire! I've advocated for this all along!!!

The guy is a complete hack and the sooner the window dressing girl he has uselessly planted on his set sues him for sexual harassment the better. I've never seen anyone flip flop on so many things and act like he never said what turned out to be patently false. Dude might be legitimately schizo or something.

Yeah I am listening to it now (late, I live in Hawaii) he seems like he was on board the Clay Helton train all along! lol

"Sean Taylor, great player has a history of really really bad judgment, really really bad judgment. Cops, assault, spitting, DUI. I’m supposed to believe his judgment got significantly better in two years, from horrible to fantastic? ‘But Colin he cleaned up his act.’ Well yeah, just because you clean the rug doesn’t mean you got everything out. Sometimes you’ve got stains, stuff so deep it never ever leaves....Just because somebody cleans the rugs doesn’t mean there aren’t stains. No matter what those commercials, OxiClean, tell you on cable TV, some stains you can’t get out. And if you have bad judgment for 23 years of your life, even if you clean it up, your judgment doesn’t get great over night."

**** Colin Cowherd. If you listen to him, then you support his racist bull****.

^^^^

Man I don't get caught up in that BS and I am black.

Sure I was upset when he said the stuff about Sean Taylor but 8 years later still holding on to it? NO, not me!

I didn't like that comment at all, along with some other stuff he has said about our beloved Miami program. I do like him because for the most part he tells the truth and will speak on stuff most people won't.

Advertisement
Back