Coley to Kentucky?

If our admin was any kind of competent, they would fire Golden's ***, get Mark Stoops and he can have Coley here.

Think that tandem would do **** good things here. Stoops has already built 1 top 5 defense in Florida, Coley can get the chains taken off, and both are excellent recruiters.

Advertisement
Seriousl, are any of you guys really surprised to hear these rumors? Coley has been and always will be an opportunist. I'd be shocked if he didn't get out of here on his own as opposed to going down with the ship. I'd actually love for him to take a HC job at a smaller school and start honing his craft to one day come back and run UM.

Its a double edged sword. Climbers always act like this, yet its climbers who become the great CEO's and football coaches, etc...

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to Coley being the new HC.

Great recruiter, aggressive guy, a personality that the players love. Just needs to be surrounded by good Coordinators.

Id love to see coley gone he is terrible with all the stars we had on offense this year to be 60th ranked o he ****** sucks ill drive him to the airport

Reliable source told me yesterday Coley was looking around. The Kentucky rumor is news to me but it makes sense.

That follows what I heard was during the halftime at FSU Coley and Golden were having a serious disagreement.

I'd laugh my *** off it Coley took Kaaya with him. Maybe Tracy and a few others.

Heard the same thing about the half time argument.

That was not the first time that Golden has hand-cuffed Coley.

Advertisement
Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 3m3 minutes ago
Per a source, Mark Stoops has no intention of talking to Miami's James Coley for the Kentucky OC job. "Not the right fit" for Cats.

There it is

Per a source, Mark Stoops has no intention of talking to Miami's James Coley for the Kentucky OC job. "Not the right fit" for Cats.

There it is

They used to the word "source" so it is true.

There it is
LOL. Do you know how many times 2 parties deny talking to each other. This means ****.

There it is

Canes coach wants to leave for a new team.

New team spurns Canes coach.

Canes coach receives massive extension.

Advertisement

There it is

If true, this could be big...Not because we retain Coley (which I am fine with) but, I think there could be more to the story. I believe Coley to KY was a done deal. Maybe he is staying put because Al is getting canned and he will become interm HC with a promise of serious consideration for the Head gig. Whatever.

In reality Coley may be the one of the only/best realistic optionsfor a new HC right now. I don't think any good established coach wants this job. I think Butch would take it. Schiano maybe, but he is in the running for Nebraska. We couldn't land a big name coach back when we had to hire Randy and Golden..This is just not a big time job anymore.

There it is

If true, this could be big...Not because we retain Coley (which I am fine with) but, I think there could be more to the story. I believe Coley to KY was a done deal. Maybe he is staying put because Al is getting canned and he will become interm HC with a promise of serious consideration for the Head gig. Whatever.

In reality Coley may be the one of the only/best realistic optionsfor a new HC right now. I don't think any good established coach wants this job. I think Butch would take it. Schiano maybe, but he is in the running for Nebraska. We couldn't land a big name coach back when we had to hire Randy and Golden..This is just not a big time job anymore.

See, I get 'that', but I'm also sick of hearing it. Y'know what would make this a big time job? A big time paycheck. (in no way directed towards you; just in general)

not a big job anymore? LMAO

Is Miami a top 20 job in the country? It ****es me off too but it is what it is right now. It has all the potiential and it has been arguably the best job in the country at one time (15 years ago) But due to poor administration and poor hires it just is not right now. Coaches know this and their agents know this.

Jobs that are better than Miami in 2015:
Any SEC job minus Vandy and KY (and they both pay more)
Any Big 12 job minus Kansas, Iowa St, Texas Tech, WVU
OSU, Michigan, MSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin
Oregon, UCLA, USC,
FSU, Clemson, maybe Louisville and VT

I am sure that some of these jobs are debatable but considering pay, fan support/attendance, facilities, I would put all of the above jobs ahead of the Miami train wreck right now.

Advertisement
not a big job anymore? LMAO

Is Miami a top 20 job in the country? It ****es me off too but it is what it is right now. It has all the potiential and it has been arguably the best job in the country at one time (15 years ago) But due to poor administration and poor hires it just is not right now. Coaches know this and their agents know this.

Jobs that are better than Miami in 2015:
Any SEC job minus Vandy and KY (and they both pay more)
Any Big 12 job minus Kansas, Iowa St, Texas Tech, WVU
OSU, Michigan, MSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin
Oregon, UCLA, USC,
FSU, Clemson, maybe Louisville and VT

I am sure that some of these jobs are debatable but considering pay, fan support/attendance, facilities, I would put all of the above jobs ahead of the Miami train wreck right now.

a recruiting hot bed and living in south florida, yea coaches wouldnt like that, i get that most here are on the depressed route and are starting to say all this program is doomed crap but yall are just being debbie downers right now, we hire a good coach and all this is nothing

I am with you my man..My point is how are we gonna get a big name coach in here if all of the good coaches have better jobs right now?

Miami could be a top 10 maybe top 5, because of location and recruiting hotbed (the most talent in one city in the country)..... if we could pay SEC money and not be cheap, anyone would come here.... only Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas would be better locations than Miami....

Advertisement
Being stuck with fat Albert minus coley is somehow worse. I know his play calling hasn't been all that but we'd most likely lose our two outstanding qb commits in 15 & 16.

Add to that what some effer called in to QAM to say that UF boosters are going to mandate ICE Harris being on the new coach's staff and our next coach ain't going to have jack to build on. OBVIOUSLY the guy can be full of ****, but with his kid up there and his ties to 305, isn't hard to imagine.

We need to just blow it all up and hold on to Ice, maybe coley for the above reason, and do it ASAP.

Advertisement
Back