Colbie Young Portal

Geo on his spaces call tonight said this was all about tampering by Georgia
If they were tampering then they obviously see a use for him in their offense. I could see them trying to use him in a little bit of a Bowers role if he can commit to blocking

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t like it at all

hype williams banana GIF

We will be fine at WR but he was underutilized here. Gonna suck to watch him ball at UGA
You guys are crazy. Should he have been targeted on some fade routes? Sure. But “underutilized” is totally different

He’s not that great of a WR. He didn’t win one on one matchups consistently despite his size.

He can improve but to say he’s gonna “ball” at a place like UGA is crazy. He’s not gonna ball against SEC defenses every week

You guys are crazy. Should he have been targeted on some fade routes? Sure. But “underutilized” is totally different

He’s not that great of a WR. He didn’t win one on one matchups consistently despite his size.

He can improve but to say he’s gonna “ball” at a place like UGA is crazy. He’s not gonna ball against SEC defenses every week
Disagree. He's a plus athlete and will play on Sundays

Advertisement
This is another rosenhaus agent product trying to squeeze Miami for more NIL just like Tyler Van Dyke did after spring ball.

Former Hurricane too trying to line his pockets at the expense of Miami's NIL collective.

Who else does Rosenhaus represent on the current Miami squad? I expect more shake downs from them
He's a rat but he's doing his job.

Advertisement
Georgia saw a player that could have a role on their team. They valued him more than we did.

We'll see if they were right.

Young is a pretty good player. Still developing...he's not getting a ton of separation, so to get the ball in his hands, where he can make plays, we have to give it to him on tunnel screens and short stuff and he's not seasoned enough to turn that lack of separation into possible PI calls yet, that would give him a little extra room from defenders to be a deep threat.

At worst, Colbie Young will do the same thing with Georgia as he did with us. Will make some plays and make some big catches, but inconsistent performance because of his lack of ability to really beat his man 1v1. But at best, Georgia can put the finishing touches on a 6'4" 220lb WR that has made big plays and big catches in the Power 5 for their offense with one of the best QBs in the nation. Would think Georgia is very happy about this one. We had a good player.

Geo on his spaces call tonight said this was all about tampering by Georgia
Well when you don’t get your 6’5” WR the ball, someone else is calling saying they will. Ain’t no one else would’ve been on X if the number of targets were flipped 😂

But he did. Kid was always open but not looked at . There were many plays where he was ******* naked (⏸️) and TVD’s back was to him looking for X. Also, ACC had better defenses than SEC last few years (all around). SEC is top heavy.

Correct. Clemson played man with single high safety all game and Young still couldn’t get open. Neither could the other WR. Yes Miami wasn’t throwing much with Emory but Miamis WR can’t win 1 v 1. From my seats I could see the whole play developing. He wins jump balls but that’s doesn’t work all the time. Got to be able to run routes.

Miami needs some portal help at WR.

Advertisement
I wonder how much NIL he getting…. cause I know **** well heen getting the $500k that he was “reportedly” trying to squeeze outta us, if we wanted him to stay.

Well when you don’t get your 6’5” WR the ball, someone else is calling saying they will. Ain’t no one else would’ve been on X if the number of targets were flipped 😂

But he did. Kid was always open but not looked at . There were many plays where he was ******* naked (⏸️) and TVD’s back was to him looking for X. Also, ACC had better defenses than SEC last few years (all around). SEC is top heavy.
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Correct. Clemson played man with single high safety all game and Young still couldn’t get open. Neither could the other WR. Yes Miami wasn’t throwing much with Emory but Miamis WR can’t win 1 v 1. From my seats I could see the whole play developing. He wins jump balls but that’s doesn’t work all the time. Got to be able to run routes.

I like Colbie. Wish we would have seen him come back and keep getting better here. I think he’s got lots of good qualities and potential

Just don’t agree with some of this I’m reading people are inventing scenarios because now he’s gone and that’s just what fans do

Man that cb # 2 from Clemson is SUPER fast. It jumps off the screen.

Advertisement
Back