Colbie Young Portal

Well, let’s see.. he **** near broke his leg one game, he’s lucky he wasn’t out for the season. He looked a little slow for a few games after that. People are saying that he left because of money, but usage rate has probably more to do with it. Put yourself in this kids shoes. You are a 6’5” WR with good speed getting two targets per game (& they are on screens FFS). You are running open for easy touchdowns and the QB is facing away from you every single down. And most of the game you are putting your body on the line blocking. At some point you would say **** this **** I’m out.
Your career is on the line, your future is on the line. You have to do what’s best for you.

lol none of them were making crazy catches bro, stop. The game was not the same back then. They weren’t throwing the ball into spots they do now. You’re talking stats and I’m talking catch radius and catch difficulty. Lol @ ban worthy. Our all time leading receiver ain’t even make an nfl roster, it’s a different era bro
I understand as fans people have theories and like to put themselves in others shoes. I'll take that out of the equation. He DEMANDED 500k we offered him 375k. He said no. ✌🏽

It is a ban worthy statement to say colbie young is making some kind of history here with his catches. Lol & to say our all time leader all you're doing is illustrating exactly that statement, it's a different Era. Any of our receivers in the longest minus ahmon have simply benefitted from pass happy offenses where the point of emphasis is to replace or extend the running game by the ball out quickly into space. Until recently that's never been something we do. So stats are completely irrelevant when you talk about greatest ever here. Don't say you're a fan of ours and then disrespect the legacies of the people who built this. None of these dudes are even in that conversation. NOT A SINGLE ONE. So him saying ban worthy lol. It wasn't outta pocket.

Advertisement

IMO he’s a solid receiver. I didn’t think we used him correctly this year. But he’s not very explosive. Reminded me a bit of LaRon Byrd. But this definitely hurts. Not catastrophic but he played **** near every snap this year and had a good season. Need someone on the outside to step up. Portal kid would be nice and continue to develop Horton to man that spot

This hurts. Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

He’s physical, fast and tall af but i don’t blame anyone for not wanting to play in our vanilla offense

This hurts. Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

He’s physical, fast and tall af but i don’t blame anyone for not wanting to play in our vanilla offense
the dude your opinion GIF

I understand as fans people have theories and like to put themselves in others shoes. I'll take that out of the equation. He DEMANDED 500k we offered him 375k. He said no. ✌🏽

It is a ban worthy statement to say colbie young is making some kind of history here with his catches. Lol & to say our all time leader all you're doing is illustrating exactly that statement, it's a different Era. Any of our receivers in the longest minus ahmon have simply benefitted from pass happy offenses where the point of emphasis is to replace or extend the running game by the ball out quickly into space. Until recently that's never been something we do. So stats are completely irrelevant when you talk about greatest ever here. Don't say you're a fan of ours and then disrespect the legacies of the people who built this. None of these dudes are even in that conversation. NOT A SINGLE ONE. So him saying ban worthy lol. It wasn't outta pocket.
Lol you trippin.. I obviously said we are not talking stats or greatness. Just the ability to go up and make crazy catches over guys. His first year here he did it left and right when given the opportunity. I never said he was making history, just that he is a matchup nightmare we never used. He was getting 3 catches per game and at least 2 were on screens. If he asked for 500k to run routes all day and get targeted 3 times per game and block the rest of the time than he feels he deserves it period! If I were him, given the low amount of usage I would have explored the portal regardless of the amount UM offered because his future earnings he could make by going pro one day is more important. Again, y’all say it’s about money but I say it’s about usage more than money. I could see his frustrations when he’s open and doing jumping jacks and TVD has his back towards him waiting for X to get open. Maybe getting another guy that can read defenses would help, but him being the 3rd option as a 6’5” WR is horrible and it would stay the same the following year. He came into the season as WR1 but got used as WR3 targets wise. His TD to catch ratio was good as heck also. And catch percentage on contested catches were tops in the nation. Kid deserved more looks and you can’t blame him for looking for more opportunities elsewhere, period. That’s why the top team in the last 3 years is recruiting him. Anyone who says he was used properly or given the right amount of targets is a ******* fool

Advertisement
Lol you trippin.. I obviously said we are not talking stats or greatness. Just the ability to go up and make crazy catches over guys. His first year here he did it left and right when given the opportunity. I never said he was making history, just that he is a matchup nightmare we never used. He was getting 3 catches per game and at least 2 were on screens. If he asked for 500k to run routes all day and get targeted 3 times per game and block the rest of the time than he feels he deserves it period! If I were him, given the low amount of usage I would have explored the portal regardless of the amount UM offered because his future earnings he could make by going pro one day is more important. Again, y’all say it’s about money but I say it’s about usage more than money. I could see his frustrations when he’s open and doing jumping jacks and TVD has his back towards him waiting for X to get open. Maybe getting another guy that can read defenses would help, but him being the 3rd option as a 6’5” WR is horrible and it would stay the same the following year. He came into the season as WR1 but got used as WR3 targets wise. His TD to catch ratio was good as heck also. And catch percentage on contested catches were tops in the nation. Kid deserved more looks and you can’t blame him for looking for more opportunities elsewhere, period. That’s why the top team in the last 3 years is recruiting him. Anyone who says he was used properly or given the right amount of targets is a ******* fool
If we didn’t have a SR QB throwing to the other team..maybe 4 would’ve gotten targets..losing him hurts..but replacing his production is not hard tbh..Jacolby George is/was Miami’s top WR…7 won matchups more consistently.

It felt like he was WR3 with TVD but WR1 with Emory.

If we didn’t have a SR QB throwing to the other team..maybe 4 would’ve gotten targets..losing him hurts..but replacing his production is not hard tbh..Jacolby George is/was Miami’s top WR…7 won matchups more consistently.
No, 7 was just targeted more frequently. Young won matchups and was not looked at because he was not the first option on many plays. Even when 7 was not open TVD threw to him. That’s on the coaches

Advertisement
No, 7 was just targeted more frequently. Young won matchups and was not looked at because he was not the first option on many plays. Even when 7 was not open TVD threw to him. That’s on the coaches
Nah. Bro 7 got it done this year. Which means he earned that trust In camp & practice. Like I said 4 will be missed..but 3 was out best Wideout & 7 was consistently winning matchups..young also had some drop issues..but the kid is talented wish him nothing but the best…WR usage shouldnt be much of the worry since we saw the production..only thing that held that was the QB

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time. The invisible hand ain't nevah lied.

If Colbie Young gets offered $500K or more from either Penn State or UGA then this falls on UM's staff for not understanding his market value. As @KingB02 has pointed out, Young was both mis-used and under-used here this past season.

I can see a scenario where UM refusing to pay Colbie Young's asking price could turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to him. He could end up being Lawrence Cager 2.0.

Everything I've heard regarding the situation is that he wanted an NIL deal that was more than Miami though he was worth. Not going to hate the guy for trying to get what he thinks he's worth. I hope he gets some good cash.
yep. nothing to do with TVD

Advertisement
It felt like he was WR3 with TVD but WR1 with Emory.
For the 20 passes Emory threw? TVD threw to Young plenty, especially at the beginning of the season. He got the ball when the play called for him to get the ball. He also dropped a few balls on important plays. He didn't beat off many dbs either.

He's got plenty of potential. It's a shame he didn't buckle up and show it here next year. I hope he does wherever he lands

Collie Young is not worried about NFL money. He’s worried about NLI money. For many many guys their time to get paid is right now. That NFL money isn’t guaranteed. And to be honest, if he had NFL ability his $500k price tag would’ve been paid by now.
It is what it is.

Advertisement
Nah. Bro 7 got it done this year. Which means he earned that trust In camp & practice. Like I said 4 will be missed..but 3 was out best Wideout & 7 was consistently winning matchups..young also had some drop issues..but the kid is talented wish him nothing but the best…WR usage shouldnt be much of the worry since we saw the production..only thing that held that was the QB
I dont wanna hear anything about drops when7 had that fsu game.. Its like some players get passes and others get ****ted on.. call it the same, they all had some drop..

For the 20 passes Emory threw? TVD threw to Young plenty, especially at the beginning of the season. He got the ball when the play called for him to get the ball. He also dropped a few balls on important plays. He didn't beat off many dbs either.

He's got plenty of potential. It's a shame he didn't buckle up and show it here next year. I hope he does wherever he lands
Lol he averaged 3 targets per game last 7 games. He got the ball when it was called for him to get it, problem is it wasn’t called for him to get it enough. He was ballin at the beginning of the season no doubt because he was getting targets, period! His TD to catches ratio is top notch! He dropped some, but they were contested (some were PI no calls). He ended up with almost as many drops as X. But X’s drops were often uncontested. His catches while contested were tops in the nation. Do you really believe a 5’9 wr with 4.7 speed who cannot make guys miss or run them over after should have more targets than a 6’5 wr who is faster than him. BTW Young’s broken tackles percentage after catch was tops in the nation too. The first guy NEVER took him down! As I said, he was open A LOT and TVD was staring at X. Should have been targeted in the red zone more.

Advertisement
Back