Colbie Young Portal

Advertisement
Disagree but I won’t bash the kid. He’s a fine player and I hope someone gives him the raise he’s looking for. The fact he’s leaving tells you what the staff thinks of him. Good not great player and replaceable imo.
I'm certainly not panicked about losing him, but he is a better player than his numbers would suggest. An elite OC would have gotten so much more out of him specifically in the red zone. Isolating him and throwing back shoulder fades and hard breaking posts a guy with his body type should have been uncoverable. Used in the manner he was last year Horton easy replaces him.

**** **** **** ***** ****!!!!!

Our best receiver that we criminally underused. This guy was a menace when he was targeted. I really wish we kept him. ****
he was our 3rd best receiver. none of our receivers were #1 WRs. lmao at board melting down cause Young transferring. Jacolby the only nonfreshman WR I'd mope about losing. would love for X to stay too.

you'll really think we can't upgrade from Young and whoever else leaves with the WR talent in the portal (after getting our portal QB)?

Advertisement
Bain already came out and said during the season he wanted the #4 jersey
IMG6853651393093849694.gif

Not the end of the world, completely misused him this year so I get why he’s leaving. Im sure he already has a team in mind to transfer to

Would imagine schools operate off a budget & are careful in spreading NIL money. Maybe his price was too high & Miami sees the room as fairly deep with more young talent arriving in spring.

Ya I can see that…Just saying, hope an offer was made. Kid can play

Advertisement
lol. The X slander reminds me of the Harley slander. Some people here really hate ultra productive receivers, assuming they'll someohow be replaced with more productive guys which never happens.
X didn't get gimme yards either, he had some of the most improbable first downs we had all year and was ultra reliable. he broke tackles smith, young, George, Chaney, Parrish, etc. weren't able to

Last edited:
**** sucks this guy left. WR might look very different next year especially if X and George go. I’m already assuming Smith is gone.

IMO he’s a solid receiver. I didn’t think we used him correctly this year. But he’s not very explosive. Reminded me a bit of LaRon Byrd. But this definitely hurts. Not catastrophic but he played **** near every snap this year and had a good season. Need someone on the outside to step up. Portal kid would be nice and continue to develop Horton to man that spot

One of my favorite canes from this squad. Too bad.

Advertisement
Good player but had some drop issues. Still, he’s got good size and decent speed. Should do well at a new school. I think we may have been looking to open up room for someone with a bit higher ceiling.

IMO he’s a solid receiver. I didn’t think we used him correctly this year. But he’s not very explosive. Reminded me a bit of LaRon Byrd. But this definitely hurts. Not catastrophic but he played **** near every snap this year and had a good season. Need someone on the outside to step up. Portal kid would be nice and continue to develop Horton to man that spot

His decision or did staff encourage/luke warm commitment to him for 2024?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back