Colbie Young is not hurt

Advertisement
Definitely our worst portal news by far this year.
But he also wasn't our best wr - Jacolby George was easily our best WR.
George and X were both better. Seeing some wild takes in here

He definitely can be a good one down the road and hoped it would be here but for a big fast receiver he didn’t win one on ones the way he should have

He definitely can be a good one down the road and hoped it would be here but for a big fast receiver he didn’t win one on ones the way he should have
fast?

I mean if they aren't ever going to throw him jump balls why would be stay, makes sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy we held to 4 catches for 24 yards? Or the guy we held to 5 catches for 82 yards?

Either way...

🤷‍♂️
... I mean the role would be the same. I'd rather them have worse than Colbie Young. I think Young can definitely improve on this season. I'd feel that way if he stayed here or left. Then if say he had the same year as Keon or Wilson and got drafted, they're using that to say hey we got him drafted (even though we're the ones who found and developed him mostly)

I was surprised how dangerous Young became by the time conference play started. He was improving every week. Once the offense fell flat, time stood still for everyone, including him. Sucks. People not giving him nearly enough credit. Yeah, we found him, and he might not be where he is without us. But losing him 'aint a net positive. Miami has needed a little size on the outside for years. We finally had it. I hope Horton can step up or its back to 'attack of the 5'11'' hobbits'.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He also didn't give as much as an effort as I think he COULD HAVE.. he's gonna get targets wherever he goes. Would have liked to see him wait it out until the QB situation was settled.

Facts thank goodness someone said it. He takes awhile to get going like his third step. Everyone kept showing his speed clip but they keep showing Miami of Ohio dbs he’s burning. Desmond Carson can outrun those dudes ofc he looked fast. If we lost him he’s replaceable, Bain is a dude that’s irreplaceable.

MIami's room needs work. Weak room coming in for Mario and remains so despite some improvements from year one to year two.

93 Jacolby George
87 Xavier Restrepo
92 Brashard Smith
85 Colbie Young
89 Isaiah Horton
85 Tyler Harrell
93 Michael Redding
94 Ray Ray Joseph
92 Robby Washington
88 Shemar Kirk
94 Ny Carr
94 JoJo Trader
92 Chance Robinson

Some guys being discussed

99 Jeremiah Smith
94 Drelon Miller
92 Deion Burks
90 Josh Kelly
91 Jacorey Brooks
NA Cyrus Allen (but was an 86 coming out of HS)
NA Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman (but was an 85 coming out of HS)

It is a room that still needs an overhaul. Lots of lingering players. Redding stands out. Can see the staff wanting to move on from some of these guys, Young included. He can be upgraded. Unit is getting there, but needs a strong portal haul. A few of Miami's hanger'rounds being replaced by 2-3 portal guys as even just a change of scenery trade would likely inject some juice into the unit. Still...Ray Ray, Washington, Ny Carr, and JoJo Trader need to be ******* ready immediately, too. Its going to be 2024. Freshman and sophomore WRs that are the real deal are expected to step up and live up to the billing.

Advertisement
Back