Colbie Young is not hurt

Advertisement
Facts thank goodness someone said it. He takes awhile to get going like his third step. Everyone kept showing his speed clip but they keep showing Miami of Ohio dbs he’s burning. Desmond Carson can outrun those dudes ofc he looked fast. If we lost him he’s replaceable, Bain is a dude that’s irreplaceable.

He did just fine against Clemson when he was targeted.

He’s a good player who will excel in the right offense.

He did just fine against Clemson when he was targeted.

He’s a good player who will excel in the right offense.
But my point is it’s not the end of the world if we lost him. It’s not some phenom or projected first rounder. If Bain entered the portal then we would go bananas. If a big name enters it we will be trippin out.

Improve to what dude would have 10 tds this year if he had redzone targets or tvd even looked his way.

This is a big loss if they cant replace in portal or pay him his amount imo.

hes 6'5 220 thats not currently in the portal
Lemme posit you this, prop joe.

Who gives Miami a better theoretically WAR (wins above replacement) at WR...better statistical output next season?

Young or Josh Kelly?
Young or Jacorey Brooks?
Young or Isaiah Horton?
Young or JoJo Trader?

Advertisement
Improve to what dude would have 10 tds this year if he had redzone targets or tvd even looked his way.

I agree we need to find a better replacement.

Advertisement

I agree, and there is no substitution for experience in the system.

Very cool to get excited about the next big thing, but the next big thing will have a learning curve too..

I'm whatever on him leaving. He's lazy as **** in his routes and I said this during the season. He should be better and it's not due to a lack of athletic ability. Irregardless, best of luck to him.
I agree with @gogeta4 about the need for a variety of skills ans physiques at the WR positiom group. I just don't see Young in the same glorious light that many of our posters do. He's not some special talent.

Love his size, but questioned his motor and seemed like he lacked that dawg mentality at times. I think we need to see who we replace him with before we consider it a big loss or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back