Colbie Young is not hurt

Advertisement
Unfortunate. Very solid. Don’t know enough about how he translate to the nfl. My guess is he is a late pick if not an FA. Unless he gets in a high octane offense and puts up numbers.

Tough loss but from a talent perspective plenty of guys that can do what he did. But we need that qb in place to convince them.

Wouldn’t be surprised if young ended up back in Pa at Pitt or Psu. Maybe even just a state over at Cuse or Rutgers

Advertisement
This is a behind the scenes scenario almost for sure. Without knowing what kind of NIL money he was set to receive or requested, it’s pointless to make a conclusion on the impact. He was solid. Not a game breaker. It comes down to price per play. Anyway, that’s how I hope we’re running the shop.

Let’s wish Young the best but also be able to admit that this is the worst transfer news we have received since???
Colbie Young is a receiver we all want on this team next season He was our best WR this season, IMO.

Advertisement
Now I wish it was X.

I don’t blame him one bit. Neither OC here used him the way he should’ve been used. Somebody is getting WR1.
He was lazy a year ago and improved in that area this year and reshaped his body and it helped. Never worked like a “Mario guy” like Ray Ray or X. Not many do though.

The route running never got where it needed to be.

I don’t think we threw him enough back shoulders and jump balls. Especially in the red zone. He has great body control and high point ability. I think he ends up with TVD especially if it’s Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Now I wish it was X.

I don’t blame him one bit. Neither OC here used him the way he should’ve been used. Somebody is getting WR1.
I agree he was misused at Miami (WR screens, really?). However, he is not a WR#1 in my book. He’s no Reggie, Andre, or Santana. Heck he isn’t Lamar Thomas or Coley for that matter. He’s a possession receiver and Red Zone threat.

Hopefully x still goes
Santa Claus Man GIF

Advertisement
I agree he was misused at Miami (WR screens, really?). However, he is not a WR#1 in my book. He’s no Reggie, Andre, or Santana. Heck he isn’t Lamar Thomas or Coley for that matter. He’s a possession receiver and Red Zone threat.
☝️

He was lazy a year ago and improved in that area this year and reshaped his body and it helped. Never worked like a “Mario guy” like Ray Ray or X. Not many do though.

The route running never got where it needed to be.

I don’t think we threw him enough back shoulders and jump balls. Especially in the red zone. He has great body control and high point ability. I think he ends up with TVD especially if it’s Wisconsin.
Why would he go with tvd to Wisconsin if he was frustrated playing with him here? And it’s said uga is interested and he wants to get paid so I don’t see wisconsin

Let’s wish Young the best but also be able to admit that this is the worst transfer news we have received since???
Colbie Young is a receiver we all want on this team next season He was our best WR this season, IMO.
Definitely our worst portal news by far this year.
But he also wasn't our best wr - Jacolby George was easily our best WR.

Advertisement
Back